NEurope
Ashley

Nothing Ever Changes

Hmm. Fail.

But something interesting did happen so I'll look into that but for now the forums are back.

Sorry for the downtime, and the lack of success.

Nps Ash, you did what you had to do and besides, nothing ventured 'n all that right? and if something interesting happened then it's not a complete loss. :)

Tried something else...also didn't work. WHY DO YOU LIE TO ME RANDOM THINGS I FIND ON THE INTERNET!?

It suggested disabling all plugins and products (stuff like doublepost prevention, ban from thread etc) which was a long and laborious process. Then I tried uploading the files (which is the problem I'm having) and didn't work. So then I had to turn everything back on.

I've logged a help thingy with vB but gotta wait and hear back. If I hear nothing tonight I may take drastic measures tomorrow.

Although, there now seems to be (x viewing) after each thread title. That's new...

Edited by Ashley

It suggested disabling all plugins and products (stuff like doublepost prevention, ban from thread etc) which was a long and laborious process. Then I tried uploading the files (which is the problem I'm having) and didn't work. So then I had to turn everything back on.

I've logged a help thingy with vB but gotta wait and hear back. If I hear nothing tonight I may take drastic measures tomorrow.

Although, there now seems to be (x viewing) after each thread title. That's new...

Well spotted ashmon ;)

Yep.

Capture.jpg?t=1269108492

Sad.

I usually hang around as a guest because it is soo much effort to sign in all the time! and chrome doesnt remember the "remember me" thing!

Edit: ceilingcat9xd.jpg

That's me!..being watched....

Edited by AeroScap

So that's one creep lurking in the Hot People Thread accounted for... :p

The problem I've been having is certain files won't allow themselves to be overwritten (selfish bastards eh?) and won't allow themselves to have their CHMOD permissions changed. But just tried with one of the particular problematic files and you (I) can delete it, then upload the new version and that works, and can be correctly CHMODed.

Sooooo, hopefully, this means I will be able to do a long way round fix tomorrow unless during the night someone responds to my vB help thread with a better solution.

Ergo, we should be down again tomorrow. But my sleep patterns prevent me from lie ins (damn you 6ams!) so it'll be earlish and should hopefully, hopefully, work this time.

Sorry for all the faff folks.

We really appreciate you trying to improve the forums. :) A little downtime is probably for the better, since we've most likely all got better things to do. :p

We really appreciate you trying to improve the forums. :) A little downtime is probably for the better, since we've most likely all got better things to do. :p

No, we haven't.

The problem I've been having is certain files won't allow themselves to be overwritten (selfish bastards eh?) and won't allow themselves to have their CHMOD permissions changed. But just tried with one of the particular problematic files and you (I) can delete it, then upload the new version and that works, and can be correctly CHMODed.
If you look in your ftp browser, do the problematic files have the user listed as "root" in the user column instead of the ftp username? I noticed some of them did, but I don't know how to CHOWN without SSH access.

charlie-sigh-769156.jpg

So it would let me delete some files, but not some others. I've contacted the main server owner and hope to hear something back soon but its a Sunday and he's American so he may not read it for several hours, if he even checks on Sundays.

I hope to do it today because I work all week long.