N-Europe

The Conduit 2

Zechs Merquise

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does that first screen shot look like Michael Ford is about to go in a stand-off with Captain Falcon? :laughing: And the dude to the side is the ref, if anyone cheats he'll shell 'em!

Falcon looks as if he's about to chuck his weapon and generating his FALCAAAWN KICK to hit Ford and the ref :D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

Conduit 2 is looking really nice - HVS have really upped the ante as far as the art direction goes. It seems more cohesive than the first game, by a long way. Good to see a snowy level in there too. I love snow levels in FPS games: Prime's Phendrana Drifts, the first level of Timesplitters 2, Goldeneye's surface levels and Perfect Dark's hangar all bring back fond memories!

Btw, if anyone's interested I've knocked up a quick article full of suggestions for Conduit 2 on my blog (link is in my sig). They're a bit tongue in cheek but I think some of them would be good to see in the game.

I read your article, daftada and enjoyed it. You make some good points, but thinking back I remember Goldeneye being quite linear. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Silo & Siberia stand out as 2 levels where i got lost quite a bit. It's linear in that you do this, then this, then this, then this, in that order... but wandering around the levels are not linear at all, compared to more modern FPSs like Modern Warfare, Bioshock, Dead Space, Prey, Doom 3 and of course the first Conduit.

• 5 weeks later...
Pleased it's optional. Motion plus was great in Red Steel 2, but for a straight shooter I'm not sure what it can add?

I think it adds more precise movment when your reticule leaves the screen, rather than stalling or spinning you round. Both big problems with Wii remote controlled FPS in my opinion.

I think it adds more precise movment when your reticule leaves the screen, rather than stalling or spinning you round. Both big problems with Wii remote controlled FPS in my opinion.

Its probably going to be this.

I think the developers said this was what they were planning on using Motion Plus for in the original game (as well as some melee based weapons), but they had to take it out due to time constraints, or something like that.

*Fires*

...Hey! That's what the 3DS needs. DUCK HUNT.

Also, I'm placing bets on critical acclaim will go like this:

COD 7 > GoldenEye > Conduit 2.

I sort of feel sorry for HVS now, actually. :(

I second that! Black Ops is looking hot right now, and genuinely looks like an interesting direction for the series. Goldeneye looks good and first impressions are promising. I actually haven't heard anything of this or the Grinder at E3 :(