NEurope
Dyson

Festivals 2010!

Enjoy your fests guys :D

This years Reading fest is looking like my least favourite lineup of the three I've been to so far...though only in the quantity of bands. Arcade Fire are a band I've always wanted to see live and I cannot wait.

Arcade Fire are amazing live. Saw them a couple of year ago when they headlined Latitude festival. They closed the sunday night and were immense.

Haha, righteous. I'll look out for ya. Will probably also be utterly muntered.

I didn't see you, but then I was very caught up in things!

I have to say ac/dc, rage and deftones were my favourite, deftones were worth by themselves the whole ticket, I was so so happy to see them, rage of course like usual were immense and ac/dc were a laugh.

I had to leave early and didn't see stone sour nor aerosmith, I wish I had, but both apparently are going to be touring.

Found a good band: them crooked vultures, must see them again soon.

Did they play Wake Up/No Cars Go? :D

Yes of course!

Here is the set list snatched from the latitude forums:

Keep The Car Running,

No Cars Go,

Haiti,

Black Mirror,

In The Backseat,

Neighbourhood #2 (Laika),

(Antichrist Television Blues),

Ocean of Noise,

Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels),

The Well And The Lighthouse,

Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out),

Rebellion (Lies)

Encore:

Intervention,

Wake Up

Was epic. I'm sure you'll be getting a lot of new stuff thrown in too.

wow what a festival that was.

highlights were AC/DC, A Day To Remember, Five Finger Death Punch, Rage, Slash and Steel Panather.

Lowlights was the rain Sunday afternoon / evening, we had 3 glorious days of sunshine then the final part of the day it hammered down.

Did you see 30 seconds to Mars? I hear Leto was looking rather... dickish

Didn't go to Download so don't know what Leto looked like there but he's on the cover of Kerrang magazine and well... blonde, shaved hair with a pink mohawk :shakehead

I only heard him, I watched rage over 30 seconds tbh and I'm glad I did, he did sound like a complete dick!

Murr were you not there on weds/thurs? It was bloody awful!

Tbh I was actually really disappointed this year as I mentioned on the feedback bit of the forums:

- The security were shit, a lot of people have complained about them, most wouldn't let bottles of water in the arena when it was infact allowed

- Most tried to get my friend who has a walking stick to go over a very tall footbridge, wankers.

- They put our fires out, when I've recently found out this shouldn't have happened.

The security were a complete disgrace, download completely ripped off a lot of the vendors, charging 7 grand to be there for 5 days and everything had to be bought off the festival. People were getting searched without being asked if this was ok first (which is actually illegal to do so, even the police ask first!).

I've never been so disappointed to go to a gig in any form anywhere.

The bands were great though, I'm so glad to have seen rage and deftones, them crooked vultures, flyleaf, atreyu, slash, 36 crazyfists, killswitch engage, etc.

^_^

Nah i went with Rage Against The Machine, Wouldnt miss the chance to see them.

I only heard him, I watched rage over 30 seconds tbh and I'm glad I did, he did sound like a complete dick!

Murr were you not there on weds/thurs? It was bloody awful!

Tbh I was actually really disappointed this year as I mentioned on the feedback bit of the forums:

- The security were shit, a lot of people have complained about them, most wouldn't let bottles of water in the arena when it was infact allowed

- Most tried to get my friend who has a walking stick to go over a very tall footbridge, wankers.

- They put our fires out, when I've recently found out this shouldn't have happened.

The security were a complete disgrace, download completely ripped off a lot of the vendors, charging 7 grand to be there for 5 days and everything had to be bought off the festival. People were getting searched without being asked if this was ok first (which is actually illegal to do so, even the police ask first!).

I've never been so disappointed to go to a gig in any form anywhere.

The bands were great though, I'm so glad to have seen rage and deftones, them crooked vultures, flyleaf, atreyu, slash, 36 crazyfists, killswitch engage, etc.

^_^

Yeah i got there thursday afternoon. i opted for Family camping cause im old and fussy and cant sleep in a field with people chanting butt scratcher all night ;)

although family camping wasnt much better. had annoying people in tents a couple down doing Chewbacca impressions (badly might i add) majority of the night.

i cant complain though, the Saturday night i was a mess and laughing and shouting my head off till early hours.

the toilets were the cleanest i've seen them.

annoyed about being searched. they didnt find the hip flask down my boxers though ;) so the bottles of pepsi i purchased in the arena became better value for money once pouring JD into them.

i hated the distance the village was from family camping. a right bastard of a walk!

I've heard that family camping was terribly cramped?

I had a relatively good space in blue, we had three gazebos, which seems like a lot but then we had 20+ people in the camp. Village was fine, as were the toilets, although why people queued for the luxury loos for so long was silly.

I don't think I'd ever try family camping, waste of money, noise never bothers me and apparently the toilets were awful!

I've heard that family camping was terribly cramped?

I had a relatively good space in blue, we had three gazebos, which seems like a lot but then we had 20+ people in the camp. Village was fine, as were the toilets, although why people queued for the luxury loos for so long was silly.

I don't think I'd ever try family camping, waste of money, noise never bothers me and apparently the toilets were awful!

yeah VERY Cramped.

on the thursday night the Urinals were in a different area to the portaloo things, well it got so busy that they moved the urinals next to the portaloo's and people were told to pitch their tents in the area where the urinals were originally. which is pretty terrible as it stank... bad.

yeah i'm a proper fart when it comes to festivals / sleeping. past 2 downloads i didnt get a camping ticket, just the weekend arena and slept in the car with my missis, my mates that came with us did the same thing. actually pretty awesome cause you could still be loud and get drunk, and have a pretty quiet comfy place to sleep.

after going to Nass festival for 4 years running and some of the shit i've seen camping at that festival it really put me off camping again hence the car sleeping previous 2 years and family camping this year.

I think the idea next year is to go VIP rather than family as you can have your car next to your tent, I just can't stand it, they stupidly closed the near entrance to blue and you had to walk all the way round, idiots.

I got miffed at having my bottle of water thrown away just because it had been opened, a lot of people found this as well, which is a disgrace when the bottles cost 2.20 each anyway, hope they sort it out for next year.

Thinking about trying reading or sonisphere next year, but sonisphere is run by the same people..

I think the idea next year is to go VIP rather than family as you can have your car next to your tent, I just can't stand it, they stupidly closed the near entrance to blue and you had to walk all the way round, idiots.

I got miffed at having my bottle of water thrown away just because it had been opened, a lot of people found this as well, which is a disgrace when the bottles cost 2.20 each anyway, hope they sort it out for next year.

Thinking about trying reading or sonisphere next year, but sonisphere is run by the same people..

i really like the look of Sonisphere this year.. mainly for Rammstien, but still.

its early days but i think i'll stick with Download next year anyway. seems stupid but feel loyal to it, went to the first one in 03... then went 3 years running in 08, 09 and this year.

RIP is something we looked into, but the jump in prices from Family camping to RIP was just insane, couldnt justify it.

RIP and VIP are different things I think, RIP is very very expensive. Whereas VIP is only 150quid more.

RIP and VIP are different things I think, RIP is very very expensive. Whereas VIP is only 150quid more.

ah i see.. didnt realize there was an RIP too.

the VIP Stuff was as you've mentioned very very expensive though.

woulda liked to sleep in a wigwam ;)

ah i see.. didnt realize there was an RIP too.

the VIP Stuff was as you've mentioned very very expensive though.

woulda liked to sleep in a wigwam ;)

The vip is just a much better version of regular/family camping, you can park your car next to your tent etc.

RIP is the thousands of pounds version, you get basically one of those wigwams which are amazing and its like doing a festival in a very expensive 5 star hotel. Love to do it but I don't have a couple of grand!

The vip is just a much better version of regular/family camping, you can park your car next to your tent etc.

RIP is the thousands of pounds version, you get basically one of those wigwams which are amazing and its like doing a festival in a very expensive 5 star hotel. Love to do it but I don't have a couple of grand!

and you get a complimentry bag or something dont yah with a t-shirt, program and other shite like that. not quite worth it.

so how much did you end up spending at the festival?

me and my girlfriend spent £190 between us.

that was on food, alcohol vouchers, bought 2 programs, Heather bought a bag for £20, i bought a download dog plushie thing for my car for £12.

and how much free stuff did you get? :p

i didnt visit the Jaeger tent this year so missed out on what looked like some good free stuff. did manage to get a free Tuborg Bandana and Free Turborg Poncho (that was very helpful Sunday afternoon ;) )

We spent a lot, I spent just under £150 on food and stuff, but then I bought two tshirts, the boyfriend got a gas mask for £25 etc.

We got no free stuff, we camped in blue and in all honesty the only friendly people I talked to working there was the girls at the mexican stand and the crepe ladies.

The rides were overpriced too, maybe I'm just grumpy, but there wasn't really much good to comment on this year, the food was good but over-priced, the bands were good, but the sound bled and because of ac/dcs stage the sound was quite crap for most of friday, campsites were over-packed, security didn't do much but stand around.

Sigh, I wish I could be positive, but I wasted over £300 on a festival! :( I hope next year improves!

We spent a lot, I spent just under £150 on food and stuff, but then I bought two tshirts, the boyfriend got a gas mask for £25 etc.

We got no free stuff, we camped in blue and in all honesty the only friendly people I talked to working there was the girls at the mexican stand and the crepe ladies.

The rides were overpriced too, maybe I'm just grumpy, but there wasn't really much good to comment on this year, the food was good but over-priced, the bands were good, but the sound bled and because of ac/dcs stage the sound was quite crap for most of friday, campsites were over-packed, security didn't do much but stand around.

Sigh, I wish I could be positive, but I wasted over £300 on a festival! :( I hope next year improves!

yeah the sound was pretty dire on the friday mainstage prior to AC/DC which was a big disapointment cause i love 36 Crazyfists, but just didnt sound great at all.

didnt do any of the rides, never do. normally to full of beer and festival food, and that combined with rides would never end well.

you been on the download site now? all the 2010 merch going cheaper. may get in on the t-shirts act now.

i guess the t-shirts with AC/DC on the lineup were knock off one's then. shame that they were so un-attactched to the festival.

yeah the sound was pretty dire on the friday mainstage prior to AC/DC which was a big disapointment cause i love 36 Crazyfists, but just didnt sound great at all.

didnt do any of the rides, never do. normally to full of beer and festival food, and that combined with rides would never end well.

you been on the download site now? all the 2010 merch going cheaper. may get in on the t-shirts act now.

i guess the t-shirts with AC/DC on the lineup were knock off one's then. shame that they were so un-attactched to the festival.

I wasn't too bothered, I wanted both tshirts and in a way I'm glad AC/DC weren't on them, it seems they royalled screwed over LN to get themselves at the festival, a lot of people are incredibly unhappy about them and they are the ones who tried to enforce the 'no bottles at all' rule, yes that's fine so I'll dump this bottle of water before I reach the arena only to buy another at 2.20/2.50 once I get in. MORONS.

I did have a good time, although here it doesn't seem like it, a lot of the bands were pretty good, the food I bought was cheap (I went to the mexican stand, potato stand and the crepe ladies, all very nice food) and ate my own stuff, but somehow I spent way too much money, maybe because I could or something.

Apparently in blue some scots were going around naming themselves camp rape and we had to sit near some other men asking women to get their tits out and 'cunts' near children, it was disgusting!!

I wasn't too bothered, I wanted both tshirts and in a way I'm glad AC/DC weren't on them, it seems they royalled screwed over LN to get themselves at the festival, a lot of people are incredibly unhappy about them and they are the ones who tried to enforce the 'no bottles at all' rule, yes that's fine so I'll dump this bottle of water before I reach the arena only to buy another at 2.20/2.50 once I get in. MORONS.

I did have a good time, although here it doesn't seem like it, a lot of the bands were pretty good, the food I bought was cheap (I went to the mexican stand, potato stand and the crepe ladies, all very nice food) and ate my own stuff, but somehow I spent way too much money, maybe because I could or something.

Apparently in blue some scots were going around naming themselves camp rape and we had to sit near some other men asking women to get their tits out and 'cunts' near children, it was disgusting!!

Yeah, you get the impression a lot of the festival budget went on AC/DC alone, i mean Rage and Aerosmith couldnt of been cheap either. Fantastic headliners though all the same.

it was an awesome weekend, as they usually are, and i'm definatly feeling the post download depression now that i'm back in work and not checking the forums / site everyday for rumours and confirmations.

you certainly get some classy people at the festivals though dont you. Camp Rape. charming.

fortunatly in family camping we were camped to some pretty decent people, apart from a few tents away someone doing shite Chewbaca impressions all night. other than that awesome weekend.

rumours for next years headliners already surfacing on the download forums.. Muse, Foo Fighters, Soundgarden. ;)

I'd quite like to see all three, but it wasn't the bands that were the problem it was the way the festival was handled and I think personally if my 21st was as bad as this year has been I'd be incredibly upset.

We'll see, I'll wait until the headliners next year.

So anyone want to go to the saturday of wireless and see LCD Soundsystem this weekend? :heh: I really want to go, have enough money (for a change) and am off work, but none of my friends can go >_<

So anyone want to go to the saturday of wireless and see LCD Soundsystem this weekend? :heh: I really want to go, have enough money (for a change) and am off work, but none of my friends can go >_<

If I weren't moving thursday I'd come with, personally I say you should just go anyway.