NEurope
Dante

Vanquish

I liked the Demo for the most part as everyone else stated but there are a couple of design choices that I found puzzling.

1 - The rocket slide is just running, there is very little other point to it.

2 - Doing Melee once completely fucks your energy bar. Surely there should be a non-hyper powered melee attack so I can rocket slide in a happy slap someone.

Played the demo. Was as crap as I suspected. It's so Japanese it hurts.

Played the demo. Was as crap as I suspected. It's so Japanese it hurts.

But Americanized. It's eugh. Actual visuals are good, but I have the feeling it's a one trick pony.

The whole aesthetic is rancid. The voice work is utterly beyond redemption.

However, you can slide on the ground using boosters on your knees, backflip off a badguy, throw a grenade at his pals and shotgun him in half. So, you know, fuck it I suppose.

The whole aesthetic is rancid. The voice work is utterly beyond redemption.

However, you can slide on the ground using boosters on your knees, backflip off a badguy, throw a grenade at his pals and shotgun him in half. So, you know, fuck it I suppose.

There's always a way of spinning it to sound good. But what do you do after that? Repeat?

It's good but I think it's getting a bit too much media attention.

Yeah, bottom line is you get all that stuff in the demo - and quickly get bored of it.

One thing I will say - I do enjoy bosses that can take lead. That's all I'll give tangible credit for.

I had to run around looking for ammo near the end of the boss, which annoyed me. Then he one shot killed me with his mega gay eye cannon. Then I got bored. Then I selected quit game instead of start from checkpoint.

I had to run around looking for ammo near the end of the boss, which annoyed me. Then he one shot killed me with his mega gay eye cannon. Then I got bored. Then I selected quit game instead of start from checkpoint.

Lol that's what I did. The thing only had 3 nano-sheaths of health and the the omega doom ray bomb killed me in his 2nd form. The gun turret fucking raped him but then I couldn't be bothered.

I used up one of the turrets blowing up the shitlings beforehand so I was like no way when the big dude popped up. There should be unlimited ammo. Who wants to waste time reloading and faff.

Yeah, it was lame having to kick open the red crates to pick up another assault rifle.

Plus, since when did gun turrets run out of ammo? Everyone knows turrets have an unlimited bullet supply, it's just that they sometimes overheat.

Someone didn't do their bloody research.

That's the Japanese for you. When has a good game ever come from Japan?

Like never.

I think one did once. I may have misheard though.

Thinking about it, yeah, that was something else. I think the people were talking about slaves.

Played the demo. Was a bit strange at first but I did enough it. Was thinking it was going to be a bit more bullet hell than it was given what I've been hearing other journalists say about the game, and perhaps the full game will ramp it up in later sections (think that's guaranteed given just how difficult Bayonetta got the further you went on), but it was enjoyable.

I'm unsure how the gameplay will stand up through the course of a potential 8 hour campaign though. I did find myself at times not even having to use the slow-mo or rocket knees and playing it like a standard third person shooter. Still, I said the same things about Bayonetta before playing and really enjoyed that so who knows, this may turn out similarly.

I think one did once. I may have misheard though.

Thinking about it, yeah, that was something else. I think the people were talking about slaves.

TBF, why would you play games when you can Whale shit.

0616-03.jpg

BAM!

Fucker didn't see what hit it. Now that is a national sport.

I'd tend to agree with that.

I am more partial to Cheese Rolling though. I have no idea why they don't play that in Antarctica. They just gave me a weird look when I went on holiday last year and enquired about their sports programme.

Everyone knows Japanese people don't believe in cheese. They think the Moon is made out of rock. ROFL

Everyone knows Japanese people don't believe in cheese. They think the Moon is made out of rock. ROFL

Pfffft, you're just getting silly now. Grow up.

That's the Japanese for you. When has a good game ever come from Japan?

Like never.

Sigh! [10 chan]

There's always a way of spinning it to sound good. But what do you do after that? Repeat?

you could say the same about Gears of War or Halo- the latter is built around a '30 seconds of fun' core mechanic and I'm still playing it ten years later and it's still awesome.

I wasn't being serious.

Or were you being the most serious anyone has ever been in the history of the internet?