NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

Don't know what I will start with yet, but I think I want to catch the fire type wild this time.

There are some ace Fire-types in this game

So hopefully I should be receiving both Pokemon Black and White in the post from Shopto today - one of them is for my brother - so which copy do I pick?

I was kinda leaning towards White... but then again... are the cartridges coloured? because I'm going to be getting a Black 3DS and I'm certain I'll still be playing Pokemon by then so a solid black card would look nicer, also my brother kind of wants White because he knows that means he'll get the 'black legendary' Zekrom isn't it? - Reshiram for White - but then again I quite like the look of Zekrom... argh!

Which one is better? there's only one way to find out...

Fight!

The game cards are both Black due to the IR port on it

The game cards are both Black due to the IR port on it

Ah ok... then... which version - in your professional opinion - do you prefer? :)

please don't say 'both' even though I know you probably will... :p

What is the DSi enchanced stuff then out of curiosity? (and bitterness of course)

Video Chat and WPA compatibility

Ah ok... then... which version - in your professional opinion - do you prefer? :)

please don't say 'both' even though I know you probably will... :p

If you have the old games, Black is probably better. If not, then White gives more old Pokemon capabilities through White Forest

Ah ok... kind of leaning towards Black now then... but... I have them both in front of me right now! :o - post just arrived - and Zekrom looks so awesome on the front cover of White... then again Reshiram does look more... majestic.

*dilemma*

There's only one way to settle this...

People of N-E! I put the question to thee...

Which out of the two legendaries do you prefer?

For me Reshiram is the preferred one for a couple of reasons. For one, I prefer the type combination, and like you said it does look more majestic and more unique, whereas Zekrom is a bit generic.

On another note, I just read this about the mascots:

Reshiram is required to be caught in Pokémon Black in order to progress on the story.

Is this really true, and if so how does it work?

For me Reshiram is the preferred one for a couple of reasons. For one, I prefer the type combination, and like you said it does look more majestic and more unique, whereas Zekrom is a bit generic.

On another note, I just read this about the mascots:

Reshiram is required to be caught in Pokémon Black in order to progress on the story.

Is this really true, and if so how does it work?

It is true. They just reappear straight after battle if you defeat them. You cannot progress with the story until they're captured

Ah ok... kind of leaning towards Black now then... but... I have them both in front of me right now! :o - post just arrived - and Zekrom looks so awesome on the front cover of White... then again Reshiram does look more... majestic.

*dilemma*

There's only one way to settle this...

People of N-E! I put the question to thee...

Which out of the two legendaries do you prefer?

Since you can't decide between those two, let's put it this way. Which of THESE two legends do you prefer

641.png642.png

The pure Flying Tornadus or the Electric/Flying Thundurus. Tornadus is Black only. Thundurus is White only

I have always started with the fire type each generation during my first play through. But now that it's FIRE FUCKING FIGHTING TYPE again, I have opted for Smugleaf. Coincidentally, after choosing my starter, it's the first time I've gave it a nickname too, cause Snivy as a name is pretty shit.

This is an important reminder

For those of you who got the beasts and Celebi, make sure you use the Relocator to transfer to Black & White and NOT the normal PokéTransfer. Using the PokéTransfer will mean you CANNOT access Zorua/Zoroark.

The access method is as follows;

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/relocator.shtml

Royle Mail is rubbish my Pokemon Black and White hasent come yet.

So first impressions from less than 15 mins of play...

Intro... not too fussed about, but the main theme is sublime :) the presentation seems to be greatly improved, menus are easier to navigate plus the battle animations and enhanced graphics add a decent amount of superfifical depth, bringing the world to life just that little bit more.

I can't wait to properly get stuck into the game. :D

I went for Tepig even though I think Oshawott looks better.

Not sure if I like the interface design, whilst I like the new battle camera, it's a bit crap that some of the Pokémon look abit pixelated. Especially when I thought Gen IV had it spot on.

Some really nice touches though, definitely feels like a new experience, could be interesting.

Regarding the pixelated look, I actually quite like it... I see it as a deliberate throwback to how Pokemon used to be rather than a lack of detail.

I have a theory that in the next Gen V games, on the 3DS, they'll be using vectored sprites so there will be no pixellation. Zoom in and they'd be like this;

starterlink.png

For those of you who got the beasts and Celebi, make sure you use the Relocator to transfer to Black & White and NOT the normal PokéTransfer. Using the PokéTransfer will mean you CANNOT access Zorua/Zoroark.

Wait. Do you need the Dogs AND Celebi? If you need both then why did they make only half of the set easily accessible?

Wait. Do you need the Dogs AND Celebi? If you need both then why did they make only half of the set easily accessible?

You need Celebi for Zorua and the beasts for Zoroark. However, Zoroark is female and breedable so you can get a Zorua that way

You need Celebi for Zorua and the beasts for Zoroark. However, Zoroark is female and breedable so you can get a Zorua that way

Ah. That's alright then.

Plus you need only one of the beasts for Zoroark

Minna No Pokemon. Getto Da Ze

Is everyone happy with there games elery Im not becuse of the stupid post man.

Is everyone happy with there games elery Im not becuse of the stupid post man.

I'm really enjoying it. The story is very different which makes it quite refreshing.

Just got the C-Gear which has blown my mind.

Not too happy about how they've just replaced trash starting Pokémon with new trash Pokémon. And the fact most of the new names are terrible (yes Serebii, worse than Seel! :grin: )

2:30 finish from work tomorrow... will be straight to Game to get Black & White.

Can't friggin wait!

Have tomorrow off work to play though mine arrived this morning.

Will be starting tonight.

Here is a few pictures of the white DSi that i opted for. For whoever said they thought it was GAME exclusive (as mine was from shop to) it is only the black DSi that is GAME exclusive.

The white version was available more widely.

I contemplated both DSi's but preferred the look of the white.

Here are a few close up pictures of the lid of the DSi.

I have to say I personally think it looks great. :yay:

I like the design on top - all DSi's should have something on top - even if it is just a gloss coat to shine it up :)

Got my copy today! Thank you Zavvi!

and it was only £27.95

Not had a game come early since the old gamecube days