N-Europe

Xenoblade Chronicles (Aug 19th)

killer kirby

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a review copy of this through the post today. To be honest, I'm not much of an RPG fan, and I know next to nothing about this game, but I'll give it a go later to see what all the fuss is about. I'm in the middle of playing De Blob 2 at the moment, though, and I can't see Xenoblade Chronicles tempting me away from that for long.

It takes you months to complete them

:wtf: Since when? If you're referring to De Blob 2, I only bought it at the weekend (yes, bought, it's only Nintendo published games I get sent...). As for other review copies, you're right, there are some I get that I don't really want, or enjoy, like Wii Play Motion and Mario Sports Mix. I don't see why that means they should stop sending them, though. :p

Anyway, it turns out that that my Wii's broken, so I couldn't play it even if I wanted to. Yesterday when playing De Blob 2, the game crashed twice and gave me the 'An error has occurred...' message, and just now when I tried loading Xenoblade Chronicles, it crashed before I could even get to the title screen. That's twice in six months that I've had to send a Nintendo console in for repairs, after getting a dodgy 3DS.

Pokemon black/white, iirc the review came out way after the release of the game.

don't understand why people have so many issues with their game consoles, my launch Wii and two ds's still works perfectly and so does my 4-year old 360^^

Pokemon black/white, iirc the review came out way after the release of the game.

I don't know if you are remembering correctly - my reviews always go in the issue with the deadline after I receive the game. Depending on when that deadline is, though, it could mean the review's not published up to six weeks after I write it. Dedicated games magazines probably get their review copies earlier, or they get invited to special preview events, which is why they usually get all their reviews in before the game's released. (Plus I doubt they have primary school teachers, like me, reviewing their games, so they get more time to play them! :P)

GameCentral (the stingy former Teletext pair) gave it 9/10. End of days confirmed.

Why is it the end of days? They normally aren't shy in praising games if they feel the game deserves it. And here's the link to the review that you could have put in your post but didn't :p

How are you finding it D_prO - will you have your review up for Friday?