NEurope
Patch

Name That Game: 2010 edition

Hope no-one thinks I'm hogging this thread, but it's a very fun thread and it's gone dead again!!

I did 11 by mistake, oh well!

1. WarioWare: Smooth Moves +1 Jonnas

Screenshot2010-11-19at211347.png

2. Super Star Wars +1 Captain Falcon

Screenshot2010-11-19at211006.png

3. James Pond II Codename: Robocod. +1 Dyson

Screenshot2010-11-19at210616.png

4. World of Goo +1 D_prOdigy

Screenshot2010-11-19at210346.png

5. Street Fighter II +1 Jonnas

Screenshot2010-11-19at210231.png

6. OutRun +1 Ville

Screenshot2010-11-19at205808.png

7. Rastan +1 to Shavenwolf

Screenshot2010-11-19at205719.png

8. Goldeneye +1 /_nando_/

Screenshot2010-11-19at205551.png

9. Final Fight +1 Captain Falcon

Screenshot2010-11-19at205942.png

10. Donkey Kong Country +1 /_nando_/

Screenshot2010-11-19at205432.png

11. Discworld +1 Deathborn

Screenshot2010-11-19at205037.png

Edited by Dog-amoto

1 Super Mario Bros.. 25th Anniversary..?

8 Goldeneye

10 Donkey Kong Country

I feel like I've seen 2, 3, 5 and 9 before but can't put my finger on them... yet :heh:

Edited by nekunando

Most of those images aren't showing for me :shakehead Probably issues at my end. EDIT: And all fine now.

But 4 is World of Goo

1 Super Mario Bros.. 25th Anniversary..?

8 Goldeneye

10 Donkey Kong Country

I feel like I've seen 2, 3, 5 and 9 before but can't put my finger on them... yet :heh:

Correct, but not on number 1

Most of those images aren't showing for me :shakehead Probably issues at my end. EDIT: And all fine now.

But 4 is World of Goo

It certainly is!

1 is WarioWare: Smooth Moves

5 is Street Fighter II (or one of its 10+ iterations)

1 is WarioWare: Smooth Moves

5 is Street Fighter II (or one of its 10+ iterations)

Correct on both counts

OMG. I finally know one! And have arrived here before anyone else! I'm shocked and stunned to announce that Number 3 is James Pond 2 or 3. I'm positive it's 3. It's a vehicle box. :D

Edited by Dyson

OMG. I finally know one! And have arrived here before anyone else! I'm shocked and stunned to announce that Number 3 is James Pond 2 or 3. I'm positive it's 3. It's a vehicle box. :D

It's actually James Pond 2 Robocod.

Well done!

Robocod.

I knew it! I knew I recognized that art/sprite style from somewhere, but I couldn't remember exactly from where it was.

Robocod... Man, that name brings back memories...

James Pond 3 was the Operation Starfish and took place on the moon - I think it was the moon as I swear It was filled with mice as enemies and we all know the moon is made of cheese. If I remember correctly, you had a gun that shot fruits and different fruits had different traits as to how they would travel when fired. I also swear he could get spring shoes for bouncing around in.

I loved that game back in the day - Robocod never held the same appeal.

Hope no-one thinks I'm hogging this thread, but it's a very fun thread and it's gone dead again!!

It goes quiet because everybody wants to be doing the guessing to prove how well they know their games. We're all points whores :p

2 is Super Star Wars

9 is Final Fight

Cor...rect!

James Pond 3 was the Operation Starfish and took place on the moon - I think it was the moon as I swear It was filled with mice as enemies and we all know the moon is made of cheese. If I remember correctly, you had a gun that shot fruits and different fruits had different traits as to how they would travel when fired. I also swear he could get spring shoes for bouncing around in.

I loved that game back in the day - Robocod never held the same appeal.

It goes quiet because everybody wants to be doing the guessing to prove how well they know their games. We're all points whores :p

You are right. James Pond 3 was Operation Starfish and you had a fruit gun. Think it shot buns too. I enjoyed this game just as much as Mario World!

I don't mind being the question master! I enjoy thinking up old games to try to stump you all but it never works!

Speaking of which, just 6, 7 and 11 to guess. Will post clues soon if no-one gets them

Edited by Dog-amoto
Automerged Doublepost