N-Europe

Mcdonalds*festive menu

canand

They've done toasted subs for a good while I thought? I had mine toasted when I went there months ago... so I was just saying that if the chicken sub in question had been toasted and there was too much chicken inside then some of it might not have got properly reheated.

I've seen the way they toast their subs, just gets whacked under a high-powered grill for a minute or something and that's it, they don't seem to be able to check that it's heated all the way through before giving it to the customer, they just hope for the best, ideally they'd use a tempreature probe but they probably don't do things that way there plus when it's busy I doubt there would be time so I guess it's possible for the odd sub to be not properly toasted/the contents reheated.

The microwaves are set at a fixed time so that they heat the food enough. The food portions are fixed.

Its more likely that the stuff has been sitting out than anything else - the sauces sit out all day, upside down on those racks which are likely dirt as hell underneath. The only time I've been poisoned by a sub is the only time i've ever had a sauce.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The microwaves are set at a fixed time so that they heat the food enough. The food portions are fixed.

Its more likely that the stuff has been sitting out than anything else - the sauces sit out all day, upside down on those racks which are likely dirt as hell underneath. The only time I've been poisoned by a sub is the only time i've ever had a sauce.

Ah fair enough, still though, you'd think they might be able to find some way to accomodate the sauces in their coldwell where they keep all the fresh ingredients, at least that way they could be kept clean and cool until required for use.

As for leaving any ingredients sitting out, they know they shouldn't do it but if it gets hella busy then I could understand why that might happen even though it still shouldn't.

While I don't actually go to to neither Burger King or McDonald's that often, my general impression is that I prefer Burger King. I must say, however, that their burgers don't have enough dressing to my liking. Now, the little local pizza/burger place that opened last year ... now, THAT's good fast food! :D But they actually do make it themselves.

Now, the little local pizza/burger place that opened last year ... now, THAT's good fast food! :D But they actually do make it themselves.

The way it should be done imo, stuff always tastes better when made from scratch using proper ingredients with no preservatives.

The way it should be done imo, stuff always tastes better when made from scratch using proper ingredients with no preservatives.

Indeed. The stuff made by small food places is much more fresh and, well, food-like compared to the mass-produced stuff from the big companies. And often cheaper as well.

Could be compared a little to the X Factor debate, actually ...

Personally at my local Subway they are literally constantly cleaning things. Seriously, they're efficient as hell and really nice.

Personally at my local Subway they are literally constantly cleaning things. Seriously, they're efficient as hell and really nice.

i'm not saying its unclean, its left out all day in probably less than ideal temperatures. Mayo is meant to be kept very cold. I've come to subway at the end of the day (both subways in ballymena are the same) and they are really iffffy. Its just like salad thats been sitting out all day. Blergh.

The sauces sit in like a tray, upside down. Obviously they are resting on something underneath. And the sauce bottles don't have lids. Which is a big contamination issue. I've never seen them clean those trays, and I've been in subway far too often :P