N-Europe

A Nintendo Christmas Carol

Sprout

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not that hard if you turn off the background layers and leave only the sprites on-screen, still, just one of the many "practical" ways to do it.

PS: indeed, awesome mag sprout, keep them coming :P

How do you turn off background layers? It's bitmap, there are no background layers.

In game layers?
yeah, through running the games on a PC (not legal unless you own the games) you can turn things off like BG#1, BG#2, BG#3, BG#4, you can even turn the sprites off... no need to be editing them by hand.

also I can rip the sprites easily with other methods, depending of the situation, there's also debbugers who show you what sprites are currently on the RAM, is just a matter of scrolling for them.

I've been reading this since the start and I'm really enjoying it. It has the emotional feel of the original, but with some humor and Nintendo flavour to spice it up. I love the little images at the top too!

Out of curiosity, how long does it take you to do each one?

Sprout, sorry to be a pain, but in the next to last panel of Mag 15, shouldn't it read:

"But if he be likely to die"

In the book it says "If he be like to die." So either the book's wrong, or they're both acceptable.

Out of curiosity, how long does it take you to do each one?

It varies, depending on what I must do. Our last comic took longer to make than usual because I had to make that gate and gravestones for the cemetery. They mostly take four hours, tops.