Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Political Correctness

ipaul

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Course I understand, thats why I laid down the two extremes in my intial post. The fragile Black people for example, who burst into tears and despair the moment they hear "NIGGER" is just as outrageous, but at the extreme end you have those wanting to exploit these frailties. Both these groups must be brought before justice at the Arbiters Grounds! ;)

Good, I was just checking. :)

Did nobody see the hilarious irony in the sentence about calling a spade a spade? Was it intended? Is it just me and my good ol' racism focused mind? Oh well.

Was there irony in the sentence? If so, I didn't get it, I'm afraid. But it's an excellent metaphor, if you ask me.

When used in banter between friends, anything is usually fine. As long as it is just banter.

Exactly. As long as no harm and only fun is intended and no one takes it for anything else but what it is intended to be, then there are no problems whatsoever. I think it's a great idea to joke with serious subjects (as long as you also take them seriously at the appropriate times, of course), as it helps us handle them.

Infraction issued for quoting me when I said not to.

Is it three strikes and you're out? 'Cause then I only have one more left. ;)

I'm sick of Political Correctness but mainly because the course that I'm doing is constantly shoving it down my throat. I've done two essays on diversity, one on equality and another about having a diverse society all within the last few weeks.

I don't know how many different ways I can say I accept and embrace all different kinds of people, religions, cultures etc...

For what it's worth, I think the world would be a worse place without political correctness but at the same time, it does indeed go way too far, too much of the time.

Was there irony in the sentence? If so, I didn't get it, I'm afraid. But it's an excellent metaphor, if you ask me.

Like real, actual, irony yes. Not this bullshit everyone calls irony, you might not even know real irony, but second, you're not native so I didn't fully expect you to get it. 'Spade' is an old derogatory term for blacks, I think it's more american, though. Hence the irony of you saying one thing and inadvertantly meaning another. It was beautiful :D

Like real, actual, irony yes. Not this bullshit everyone calls irony, you might not even know real irony, but second, you're not native so I didn't fully expect you to get it. 'Spade' is an old derogatory term for blacks, I think it's more american, though. Hence the irony of you saying one thing and inadvertantly meaning another. It was beautiful :D

Ha, that is indeed pure irony if there was any! :D

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!