NEurope
Beast

SAW: The Videogame

I thought the score shouted "distinctly average" for an IGN score :P The review mentions the repetition, teh poor combat sections.

Just had a look on metacritic (shoot me now) and IGN's is pretty much the highest score the game got. OXBM gave it 45...

Seems apt to join the 'middling, rentable' series of games we have, like kane and lynch, dark sector, fear, prey, the darkness... yeh.

I thought everyone stopped caring about Saw at number 3.

I stopped caring at number 2. The first one is the only good film of the series. All the sequels are travesties and missed the point of the original, which wasn't cheap gore. Well, they're still decent gore films, just not quality films like the first one is.

Kind of like the Nightmare on Elm Street series, the only actual good ones are the two Wes Craven directed, that is the 1st and the 7th.

Edited by ...

I stopped caring at number 2. The first one is the only good film of the series. All the sequels are travesties and missed the point of the original, which wasn't cheap gore. Well, they're still decent gore films, just not quality films like the first one is.

Kind of like the Nightmare on Elm Street series, the only actual good ones are the two Wes Craven directed, that is the 1st and the 7th.

What are you on about?!!! It's all about 3! Dream Warriors FTW!

But yeah Saw has gone way too far...it is now more a gorno and not what the first was all about where the gore was there but not the first and foremost reason for watching the film. The sequels just aren't as well written.

Well, Nightmare 3 is one of the better sequels, but the only ones I really consider good are the Wes Craven ones.

What are you on about?!!! It's all about 3! Dream Warriors FTW!

But yeah Saw has gone way too far...it is now more a gorno and not what the first was all about where the gore was there but not the first and foremost reason for watching the film. The sequels just aren't as well written.

I gave you my Thanks for the bolded. Dream Warriors!!! I have Dokken on my MP3. Nightmare has the best horror series as well as SAW, of course. But yeah, the first and third Nightmare were the best, the second one sucked. :heh:

I have to disagree, I think Saw started to care more about gore after the third one. The second one never had much gore in it but the story was still good. The third onwards weren't as good as the first two but I still love. I can't wait for the sixth one. :hehe:

Is it out in the UK? I have no idea...

I really want it now after watching a lot of videos on the gameplay.

Random Trivia: The whole sawing off the ankle thing that the first film is famous for was borrowed from Mad Max. Max handcuffs a guy to a car and sets light to the car. He gives him a saw and tells the bloke that the fire would kill him by the time he cuts through the handcuffs, but he could saw through his ankle in time.

Saw's achievements remind me of Dark Sector again, in teh sense that they're mostly ones you'll get simply by playing the damn game. They also seem to suggest that the combat mode will be fairly frequent. Minions?!

You should try TMNT, I rented it. There are 24 achievements and 22 of them will be gained during the course of the regular campaign, you can't miss them even if you try.