Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

=Music Wars 2= Match 2

Paj!

Is someone in the wrong place HooverFace?

No siree! :D

I can't stand Wolf(e?) because of his onstage antics. It makes me hate his music as a result. Therefore, I give this vote to Hands Down. Also, the song makes me lol quite hard.

I hate the "I hate an artist's music because they're cunts/they don't smile/etc." But each to their own. I can't fathom doing that. I still llike Kanye West's music, and he's the biggest cunt ever.

Oh, no, normally I couldn't care less about it. La Roux? Very addictive music, quite a fan, but she's dissed many other bands for no reason and there's the whole no smiling thing with her. And yeah, Kanye's a cunt but makes addictive music. But something about this bell-end strikes me. It actually affects his music, if I went to a gig and he had a temper tantrum because of the sound not being right I'd be pissed off and want my money back. He's clearly not got any respect for the fans, and thus his music in my eyes.

And that's why I can't listen to his music without hating it.

Ah okay, fair enough ^_^

Well to reiterate my point I've made elsewhere; La Roux's (as an example) music is fine but I think I'd be more willing to give it a try if she didn't seem like a sour-faced misery guts. Its as if she doesn't care about people listening to her music. Part of being a successful (read: known) music artist is whoring yourself out a little and she just seems like she wants the joys of everyone hearing her music without being approachable. But still, Bulletproof doesn't leave my head all day if it gets in there :heh:

And I love Kanye because he is a cunt and admits to it. What can I say, I like an out and proud cunt ::shrug:

In any case, considering I never watch TV or read that many magazines, I've seen La Roux smile a few times. And read a sole interview in heat magazine where she laughs bla blah.

Also;

But something about this bell-end strikes me. It actually affects his music, if I went to a gig and he had a temper tantrum because of the sound not being right I'd be pissed off and want my money back. He's clearly not got any respect for the fans, and thus his music in my eyes.

And that's why I can't listen to his music without hating it.

I have no idea how one equates having a temper tantrum at the sound being off/not being allowed to complete the setlist/whatever it was with having no respect for his fans or his own music...

I'm not saying I condone how stupid and cuntish he can come across by doing stupid shit like that, but it's not like he does it ALL the time. Anyway. Sounds like I'm justifying it. I'm not, but it's like...his music is still great and compelx and musically interesting/I enjoy it immensely. He doesn't write songs about his cuntish behaviour. Most people do things that are completely idiotic and cuntish behind closed doors, he's just a massive drama queen and so brings it pointlessly on stage too (which I don't like), but because he's famous, people instantly have an opinion on it, and when they get around to listening to his music after reading how much of a dick he's been twice on stage, they'll be judging based on blah blah.

Some of greatest artists were madmen, but you can seperate the art from the man. (Unless it's Tracey Emin. :woops:)

I have no idea what I've even said, as I can't be arsed reading it back. In short, I hate that it seems like only I can actually see art seperate from the person.

It's like the whole Amy Winehouse debacle. I couldn't have given less of a shit that she was a fugly, filthy, drug-abusing slag, the music she'd made was enoyable and showed talent. Patrick Wolf is a drama queen cunt occasionally. Big deal. Artists are human, and display human failings too.

But yeah. He has more time for his fans than many people I've seen live, as welll as being a great performer, going into the crowd, around the venue, chatting while in between songs etc etc. Very amiable and funny.

Back to Winehouse (this is like stream of conciousness writing), I saw her live in 2007, the NIGHT after the widely reported show she was booed off stage by a crowd after she started singing drunkenly or something. Yet my show was pitch-perfect, she was on top form. But that's not reported in the media. Patrick Wolf being a massive unnacceptable cunt to people is reported, him being a brilliant live performer isn't...

I'll stop now. I can't just keep rattling out inconsequential points.

• 2 weeks later...