NEurope
Paj!

=Music Wars 2= Match 1

Wow I thought it was the other way around! I still love the song and think both versions of Hurt are good!

I like NIN, especially Head like a Hole and Hand that Feeds :)

Closer was always a possibility but I wouldn't have actually chosen that because it would have been offputting to some due to its lyrics I'd imagine... :heh: but I suppose you could say that about a lot of NIN's heavier tracks, Hurt may be 'quiet' but it's understated and brilliant in it's own special way.

I also prefer it to Cash's cover, because legendary as it is, the original still prevails.

Haha, the lyrics maaaake eet. Its quite a sexy song, imo. Sexy but also disturbing at the same time. Although, you'd probably set yourself up for some trouble if you posted that official video of it, haha.

I like the quietness of hurt, and it is understated, as you say. But then, so is Ian Curtis's voice on Love will tear us apart. It's understated but also so powerful at the same time. It is such a shame that we will never ever get the chance to see Joy Division perform live, in the flesh.

Wow I thought it was the other way around! I still love the song and think both versions of Hurt are good!

I like NIN, especially Head like a Hole and Hand that Feeds :)

At least you know now :) - as do many people - also, those are two of my personal favourite 'heavy' NIN tracks.

'Will you bite, the hand, that feeeeeeds you? Will you stay, down on, your kneeeeeeees?

At least you know now :) - as do many people - also, those are two of my personal favourite 'heavy' NIN tracks.

'Will you bite, the hand, that feeeeeeds you? Will you stay, down on, your kneeeeeeees?

Another great choon. I remember listening to that in my when I used to drive to sixth form. Excellent stuff.

Closer was always a possibility but I wouldn't have actually chosen that because it would have been offputting to some due to its lyrics I'd imagine... :heh:

"Slag spit

Stag shit

Honey bring it close my lips...yeah."

I'm a fan of obscene lyrics. :D (used well)

Edited by Paj!

Another great choon. I remember listening to that in my when I used to drive to sixth form. Excellent stuff.

It's even better when played/sung in Rock Band! :D

'You're keeping in step in the line

Got your chin held high and you feel just fine

'Cause you do what you're told

But inside your heart it is black and it's hollow and it's cold'

"Slag spit

Stag shit

Honey bring it close my lips...yeah."

I'm a fan of obscene lyrics. :D

I never doubted that you would be :heh: I am too as it happens but yeah... it was still very tempting to post that instead, but I refrained and went for the 'calmer' track.

Edited by S.C.G
Automerged Doublepost

It's all a bit "Huhwha?" to me that people didn't know that Reznor wrote the song and Cash covered it. Although I don't think Cash's version would be as well-known had he not died. But that's the world of music for you.

Both songs are brilliant. But as Joy Division will be in the next round and I can vote for it then. I'll shorten the gap and vote NIN

This is placeholder (well, not so much as I'll just post again) but I need to do that spreadsheet still. When will this match be open til Paj?

Also will vote tomorrow when I'm in the mood to listen to two such songs.

This is placeholder (well, not so much as I'll just post again) but I need to do that spreadsheet still. When will this match be open til Paj?

Also will vote tomorrow when I'm in the mood to listen to two such songs.

For a good while. I'm gonna do what I did i nthe first round last time, and end up have 3-4 open at one time, and then close one, only to open another etc. So if people miss them, they can just come on and vote for them all at once.

I'm such a fan of NIN. I much prefer that version to Johnny Cash's (mostly because I hate old man voices). I love the climax (although it's far too short).

Love Will Tear Us Apart is really... dull? No not dull, it just doesn't do anything to me. I never really got the big deal over Joy Division. We covered one of their songs in our band (Transmission) and I'm such an anti-fan.

Hurt FTW.

NIN - Hurt

Downward Spiral is awesome, and much as I'd have preferred a different track to have been picked by NIN, this betters the other track.

I think my current fave NIN track (it changes) is meet Your Master on Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D. Last.fm says my most listened to are a few tracks from With Teeth.

I remember liking both of those songs more...

Although for me its got to be Joy Division.

Wow, two pretty emotionally powerful songs up against each other. I think I'll have to punt for Joy Division though, as although it's a song I feel I have become overly familiar with it still gets me with the intensity in the lyrics. It reflects such a vividly real situation that I just can't help but get drawn into every time.

Paj, I have a small suggestion. It generally comes out anyway, but when the tracks are announced in the first post can you put who the track suggester/nominator is?

I liked both, but I think I prefer NIN. Although the distortion-y sound is slightly annoying. I never realised it was referenced in a certain live version of one of my favourite songs as well, so that was a nice surprise.

That said, they'll both be on my current playlist I think. Good match!

Paj, I have a small suggestion. It generally comes out anyway, but when the tracks are announced in the first post can you put who the track suggester/nominator is?

I was actually going to, and then forgot. But then, it's funnier not knowing/having a pre-conceived view of the song based on the poster. And I can't bear to buck the format now. Maybe next round.

Joy Division - 11

NIN - 8

Joy Division wins! / Match closed.

It's a bit arse that two great songs had to meet so early on. But, this was a great contest. It would've made a worthy semi-final, so I think we got a treat here.

Wooo, go Joy Divison. :)