N-Europe

Help Needed Please.

Paj!

Hey.

I really want Batman: Arkham Asylum, like most people. However, only having a Wii, I won't be able to get a console version, so I'll have to get the PC version.

Problem is, I don't have a personal PC. I do have a Mac OS X that has a partition, allowing for me to run a PC mode. I managed to get Tomb Raider: Underworld, which at first didn't work due to graphics limitations (can't change graphics cards in a mac), but then my dad got it working after helping me change the graphics blah blah yeaht oned down.

So, first question. Will Batman be more taxing graphically than Tomb Raider? Will I be able to play it at all?!

Second. I see a lot of people use Xbox 360 Controllers to play games on their PC. Is there any way in hell that I could find a controller that'll play PC Games on a MAC? The controls in Tomb Raider were fine for the most part, but combat was a bitch.

--

Thanks for any help/recommendations.

TR:U

Processor: Intel @ 3 GHz/AMD @ 2.5 GHz

Memory: 1 GB (2 GB for Vista)

Hard Drive: 8 GB Free

Video Memory: 128 MB nVidia GeForce 6800GT/ATI 1300XT

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

DirectX: 9.0c

Batman:

Processor: Pentium 4 @ 3 GHz/AMD Athlon64 3000+

Memory: 1 GB

Hard Drive: 9 GB Free

Video Memory: 256 (nVidia GeForce 6600/ATI Radeon X1300)

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

DirectX: 9.0c

Striken what matches (and presume you have/can make enough Hard Drive space) so just need to figure out if you have a decent enough processor and video memory. Can try this site if you access it via your windows partition: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest Tried it on my mac and it just said unknown for everything.

Or there is the classic "if the demo works the game works" excuse I used to fob off on annoying "will this work on my PC?" ("depends on your specs" "I think its a Dell...." "fan-fucking-tastic") customers at work: http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/14922/Batman:+Arkham+Asylum+Demo

Edited by Ashley

Yeah, I see no reason why you can't just use a 360 pad on your PC partition like(they're probably more resiliant than most other pads, being designed for a console, but I make that up out of nowhere). I do believe my friend did similar recently(he can boot his mac into XP and uses a 360 pad in it for stuff).

It's easy to use a 360 pad on the Wii, or just a basic logitech USB Dual Shock clone. But playing a game like B:AA through your PC mode might be a bit more difficult. You only managed to get TRU working by turning down the graphics? I think you're going to struggle with Batman: Arkham Asylum, it is worlds ahead of Tomb Raider graphically. Like Ashley said, try the demo first.

but Molly's suggestion is best.