Eurogamer Expo 2009 October 30/31

flameboy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah shit, totally forgot about this.

*searches through drawer for ticket*

Best get in shower, find my sat nav, and get on my way!

LOL! you nutter! you scared the shit out of me when you came up to me! I was like who the f*** has recognised me! Good to see you however brief, what did you think of the show in general you going tomorrow?

LOL! you nutter! you scared the shit out of me when you came up to me! I was like who the f*** has recognised me! Good to see you however brief, what did you think of the show in general you going tomorrow?

Yeah sorry, I recognised you from your FIFA gameface lol. Show was ok, I left pretty early as I had seen what I wanted to see, and the in-laws were coming. Otherwise I would have stayed and hung out for a bit.

Nice to see you and Mike btw. :yay:

Excellent day! I met up with Flameboy and Billy White, who runs Wiiloveit.com, at Leeds station this morning, and we found Mike at the Armouries. You're both awesome by the way, just throwing that out there.

I went to the talk with Charles Cecil (Broken Sword) and the Ask Eurogamer talk, both of which were quite insightful. Snagged a Brink t-shirt, played lotsa games, and also spotted Nightwolf! I just didn't say anything since she was with friends and might not have appreciated being stalked by an internet person. :heh:

Best of all, I spotted former NGC/NGamer editor Mark Green milling about, who I stalked and eventually confronted. He's a really great guy, but knows surprisingly little about games nowadays! Discussed the magazine, the expo, the Red Steel 2 score and Matthew Castle, and got a little card thing off him to come visit an exhibition at the museum he works at, which was nice! He also kept going on about how he'd got fatter since leaving the magazine... :heh: Appallingly bad picture of me with Greener available on Facebook!

Hopefully tomorrow will be just as good!

Guest Stefkov

To you who went what was it like? Were there big queues to play the games?

I'm only there till 4 tomorrow so I want to cram in a lot.

To you who went what was it like? Were there big queues to play the games?

I'm only there till 4 tomorrow so I want to cram in a lot.

It was pretty good for most of it, I got to play left 4 dead 2, god of war 3 etc pretty quickly.

I found the only thing that was being hogged (and nobody was queing compared to like left 4 dead) was assassins creed!

The talks are very good. If you have the brink one, go for it, I wasn't going to go, but the ceo is really nice and the game looks AWESOME.

Excellent day! I met up with Flameboy and Billy White, who runs Wiiloveit.com, at Leeds station this morning, and we found Mike at the Armouries. You're both awesome by the way, just throwing that out there.

I went to the talk with Charles Cecil (Broken Sword) and the Ask Eurogamer talk, both of which were quite insightful. Snagged a Brink t-shirt, played lotsa games, and also spotted Nightwolf! I just didn't say anything since she was with friends and might not have appreciated being stalked by an internet person. :heh:

Best of all, I spotted former NGC/NGamer editor Mark Green milling about, who I stalked and eventually confronted. He's a really great guy, but knows surprisingly little about games nowadays! Discussed the magazine, the expo, the Red Steel 2 score and Matthew Castle, and got a little card thing off him to come visit an exhibition at the museum he works at, which was nice! He also kept going on about how he'd got fatter since leaving the magazine... :heh: Appallingly bad picture of me with Greener available on Facebook!

Awww cheers! Was good to meet up with you as well and funny seeing you all star struck about Mark Green! Thought the Ask Eurogamer session was awesome and definitely think those guys need to get themselves a weekly podcast gong , reckon they have the community for it, seemed to be a fair few people who were referring to stuff from their past etc...with regards to reviews and what not.

Yeah was good day like you said played plenty of games...plenty to write up. Loved the Indie Arcade only really played that claymotion game but loved it, oh and the happening wtf?!!!

I'm not sure I'm going to come tomorrow, just got home to find I've been charged a fee on my credit card so bit skint! Will have to pay that off...do really wanna go to see the Team 17 developer session but not sure can warrant going just for that. The big thing for me to play was God of War 3 which I did plus get round plenty of other stuff and watched a ton of stuff.

Feel proper rock star with my wristband on although in the eyes of most people no where near as cool as a gig.

Enjoyed today, was ace meeting adam and nathan! Was good to see you as well Matt! I forgot to actually introduce myself to u coz i was trying to get into Red Steel 2! lol I shook ur hand and then you disappeared and i thought shit he probably thinks im some weirdo! haha

The Brink presentation was ace, i enjoyed it, will be a game i'm defo picking up. The ask Eurogamer presentation was pretty funny also.

I have just watched this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/eurogamer-expo-2009-kicks-off-in-leeds

If you look carefully you can see me giving the camera the thumbs up at 1:15/1:16!!

It was pretty good for most of it, I got to play left 4 dead 2, god of war 3 etc pretty quickly.

I found the only thing that was being hogged (and nobody was queing compared to like left 4 dead) was assassins creed!

The talks are very good. If you have the brink one, go for it, I wasn't going to go, but the ceo is really nice and the game looks AWESOME.

Yeah assassins creed did seem to be hogged...and alien vs predator but think that was more due to the machines all being hooked up for a 4 player deathmatch and the length of the match being relatively long.

Enjoyed today, was ace meeting adam and nathan! Was good to see you as well Matt! I forgot to actually introduce myself to u coz i was trying to get into Red Steel 2! lol I shook ur hand and then you disappeared and i thought shit he probably thinks im some weirdo! haha

The Brink presentation was ace, i enjoyed it, will be a game i'm defo picking up. The ask Eurogamer presentation was pretty funny also.

I have just watched this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/eurogamer-expo-2009-kicks-off-in-leeds

If you look carefully you can see me giving the camera the thumbs up at 1:15/1:16!!

Yeah Brink looks awesome is definitely up there with my most anticipated games for next year, Spring is gonna be one busy old time...gonna do a good old write up on it tomorrow SMART and all...

I'll be sure to look out for you Stefkov! I didn't get through as much as I planned to today as I went to a couple of talks, but I did do a lot of walking around aimlessly so you'll probably get through everything.

Awww cheers! Was good to meet up with you as well and funny seeing you all star struck about Mark Green! Thought the Ask Eurogamer session was awesome and definitely think those guys need to get themselves a weekly podcast gong , reckon they have the community for it, seemed to be a fair few people who were referring to stuff from their past etc...with regards to reviews and what not.

Yeah was good day like you said played plenty of games...plenty to write up. Loved the Indie Arcade only really played that claymotion game but loved it, oh and the happening wtf?!!!

I'm not sure I'm going to come tomorrow, just got home to find I've been charged a fee on my credit card so bit skint! Will have to pay that off...do really wanna go to see the Team 17 developer session but not sure can warrant going just for that. The big thing for me to play was God of War 3 which I did plus get round plenty of other stuff and watched a ton of stuff.

Feel proper rock star with my wristband on although in the eyes of most people no where near as cool as a gig.

The Happening was an odd one. For two players - select "lovers" and the game prompts you to spank your partner's bare arse, fuck, and fist. Seriously. I saw Nightwolf start it then quickly leave. :heh:

I'll be sure to look out for you Stefkov! I didn't get through as much as I planned to today as I went to a couple of talks, but I did do a lot of walking around aimlessly so you'll probably get through everything.

The Happening was an odd one. For two players - select "lovers" and the game prompts you to spank your partner's bare arse, fuck, and fist. Seriously. I saw Nightwolf start it then quickly leave. :heh:

Yeah think that was when we were queuing for Ask Eurogamer, one slightly disappointing thing was the lack of swag.

Guest Stefkov

Did you go just as it opened then? Bit weird you got to play those games quite quickly.

I already saw Assassins Creed being played last weekend. It looked alright, not something I'd like to try out before getting it.

That Brink talk is at half 1 so I'll check it out. Cheers.

Did you go just as it opened then? Bit weird you got to play those games quite quickly.

I already saw Assassins Creed being played last weekend. It looked alright, not something I'd like to try out before getting it.

That Brink talk is at half 1 so I'll check it out. Cheers.

Yeah can't recommend high enough that you go and see it.

Cheers! You weren't 2 bad urself! haha

I kept saying to Adam/flameboy i'm sure i recognise that bloke! And u confirmed my suspicions for me!

Yeah think that was when we were queuing for Ask Eurogamer, one slightly disappointing thing was the lack of swag.

Aye i believe it was. (If that girl was Nightwolf that u pointed out Tellyn!)

I'm not sure if I can be bothered to go now.

I just bought a ticket because everyone else did and I'm a sheep.

But, it's just a consumer show which means I've basically bought a ticket to be advertised to.

For games I'm not interested in.

In massive crowds which I don't like.

I think I'll just pop to the Huddersfield Uni booth and say hi to some friends, and the come back home and actually do some woooork.

I'm not sure if I can be bothered to go now.

I just bought a ticket because everyone else did and I'm a sheep.

But, it's just a consumer show which means I've basically bought a ticket to be advertised to.

For games I'm not interested in.

In massive crowds which I don't like.

I think I'll just pop to the Huddersfield Uni booth and say hi to some friends, and the come back home and actually do some woooork.

They really aren't as pushy as you'd think...in fact the ubisoft guy was trying his best to put me and mike off buying Red Steel 2.

Why didn't you say hi?!

I wasn't bothered by that little game, it was just kind of annoying, grr.

Brink was my favourite thing of the whole day, I got a free tshirt from them guys too! Plus a little foam dude, which I didn't think I was allowed to take, but when I showed it to my group the guy who made them was behind me, thanking me for taking one. So now its start on my desk. :santa:

Definately going to try and go to another or next years. It was awesome, much better than I thought.

Only problem was the location, it was difficult to get food, tesco was wiped out of sandwiches and pizza express is way too expensive.

:sad:

Why didn't you say hi?!

I wasn't bothered by that little game, it was just kind of annoying, grr.

Brink was my favourite thing of the whole day, I got a free tshirt from them guys too! Plus a little foam dude, which I didn't think I was allowed to take, but when I showed it to my group the guy who made them was behind me, thanking me for taking one. So now its start on my desk. :santa:

Definately going to try and go to another or next years. It was awesome, much better than I thought.

Only problem was the location, it was difficult to get food, tesco was wiped out of sandwiches and pizza express is way too expensive.

:sad:

Yeah flameboy and i screamed when we walked into Tesco's and there was sod all there!!!!

We did end up going in Pizza Express though, got a takeaway and just sat on some chairs outside!