NEurope
Dante

Professor Layton & The Spectre's Call / London Life

Information:

(Bonus RPG unlockable in Professor Layton and the Devil's Flute)

RPG developed by Brownie Brown.

RPG to include over 100 hours in gameplay

Life-sim type gameplay mixed with Layton style puzzle solving.

c20090825_level5_01_28_cs1w1_256x384.jpgc20090825_level5_01_29_cs1w1_256x384.jpgc20090825_level5_01_30_cs1w1_256x384.jpg

. . .:hehe::o:idea:

Call the dictionary inventors, someone needs to develope a word which can describe this amount of awesomeness!

Someone call the medics, Fused King is gonna die of joy!

Well well well... certainly didn't expect this one! I'll defo be keeping an eye out for further information. *nudge nudge Dante* Just to clarify this for me, its not a spin off RPG but its a game within one of the upcoming Layton games?

(Bonus RPG unlockable in Professor Layton and the Devil's Flute) to include over 100 hours in gameplay
Whoa! That's a pretty hefty unlockable. :o

RPG to include over 100 hours in gameplay

That's longer than a "full" rpg these days!

Whoa! That's a pretty hefty unlockable. :o

Indeed, surely there wouldn't be enough space on the cartridge for a decent RPG in addition to all those puzzles, cutscenes and story segments...

We're still waiting for 2nd Game. =\

I like this style, will be great for me.

I did a Layton sprite in Photoshop.

PS: I can't give link because I don't have 15 posts in the forum. =} So that, you can look my sig. =)

I'm sceptical over how good this will be. If it's just an unlockable on the same cart as the full game, it must just be a little aside? The 100 hours figure is probably just a marketing figure, in the same way that Harvest Moon has 100 hours of gameplay because it never actually ends.

Nevertheless, the game will be worth getting just for the main game, so I'm not complaining about a free extra :p

I posted about this in the thread for Pandora's Box this morning, has the same pics largely though a write up on the info provided...

I find Brownie Brown to be a very underrated company, who has a bit of a bad reputation for reasons I'm yet to understand.

This recent "alliance" with Level-5 is a match made in heaven. Besides this "bonus" RPG, I can't wait to get my hands on Fantasy Life, the RPG they are making together.

As a North American exclusive to the overall Professor Layton and the Last Specter package, a bonus role-playing game called Professor Layton’s London Life™ containing more than 100 hours of additional content will be available to players from the start of the game.

I am not amused. Layton is far more popular in Europe

I am not amused. Layton is far more popular in Europe

There seems to be a bit of a hasty hullabaloo over this. That press release makes an odd specification that London Life will be available to NA gamers from the start of the game. You have to unlock it in the Japanese version. To me, that just says the 'NA exclusive' bit is that it's already there at the start, not that the whole thing is exclusive to NA gamers (which would technically be wrong anyway given that it was obviously in the Japanese game).

NoE haven't mentioned London Life, but I really don't think that press release suggests it won't be available in PAL versions.

Having just said, I'll probably be proven wrong.

Has a release date for Europe been announced for this? I really don't see why they wouldn't keep London Life in the game as it's already in the Japanese and NA versions, just looks like we'll have to work for it like Japan rather than have it there from the start.

Has a release date for Europe been announced for this? I really don't see why they wouldn't keep London Life in the game as it's already in the Japanese and NA versions, just looks like we'll have to work for it like Japan rather than have it there from the start.

All we know is November at the moment

Wow! WTF?! The fact that they take the effort to point it out as a "North American Exclusive" would almost certainly mean that the EU version doesn't have London Life period (why else take the effort to point it out?)

I can't believe that they've taken such a direct potshot at NOE here. This is no doubt revenge for the Xenoblade/Operation Rainfall debacle.

Me thinks that there's some animosity between NOE and NOA! (Oh how I'd love to be a fly on the wall at both branches right now!)

I can't believe that they've taken such a direct potshot at NOE here. This is no doubt revenge for the Xenoblade/Operation Rainfall debacle.

Me thinks that there's some animosity between NOE and NOA! (Oh how I'd love to be a fly on the wall at both branches right now!)

That doesn't even make any sense. Nintendo of America decides not to bring over Xenoblade Chronicles, and then tries to get revenge for... something? I'm not following your paranoid delusions at all. :p

Anyway, I've been importing every Professor Layton game so far, so I'm fine either way. I'm more worried about what I'll do with the region-locked 3DS. I'm not too keen on Luke's European voice.

That doesn't even make any sense. Nintendo of America decides not to bring over Xenoblade Chronicles, and then tries to get revenge for... something? I'm not following your paranoid delusions at all. :p

Anyway, I've been importing every Professor Layton game so far, so I'm fine either way. I'm more worried about what I'll do with the region-locked 3DS. I'm not too keen on Luke's European voice.

For the damage done to NOA's public relations image by NOE leaking the details about the release of The Last Story & Pandora's Tower and the revealing of how NOA have no intention to localise Xenoblade (This leak was the spark that lead to the Operation Rainfall campaign)

From this happening right after NOA mentioned how they wanted to capture the "core" gamer with the Wii U, Op Rainfall did a lot of damage to their public image as it directly contradicts what they said they wanted to do.

Last time I checked London was still situated in the UK.....

Seriously, NOE can translate 3 Major RPG games, but cannot put the time and effort into one of the most beloved Third Party series here in Europe?

That's the only reason I can see here, not translating, because why cut something out of a game?

This better not be happening!

LONDONERS UNITE!

It's hardly exclusive to America when Japan has it :indeed:

I would wait for the NoE press release before over reacting.

Oh. Too late :P

Gamers overreacting about something? Unheard of!

I'm still angry about the 3DS being region locked.

But at least that's justified and not premature.

For the damage done to NOA's public relations image by NOE leaking the details about the release of The Last Story & Pandora's Tower and the revealing of how NOA have no intention to localise Xenoblade (This leak was the spark that lead to the Operation Rainfall campaign)

From this happening right after NOA mentioned how they wanted to capture the "core" gamer with the Wii U, Op Rainfall did a lot of damage to their public image as it directly contradicts what they said they wanted to do.

... They had no intention of ever localizing the games. The damage would have been done anyway. It's not like they would have been able to keep it a secret. :indeed: