N-Europe

New Phone Battery

Diageo

I bought the new Samsung Tocco Lite and it's a great phone. But my battery life has gone downhill since I got it. In just a week or two it has gone down to having to charge it once a day, when I don't even use it much. One of my friends has the same phone and says it can last up to 5 days. What should I do? Buy a new battery?

samsung-tocco-lite-s5230.jpg

If it has seriously reduced in a week or two it could be faulty so yeah, take it back. But that depends, have you used it non-stop, turned the screen brightness and volume up to full, watched videos and played games/music on it all day since you got it? Turning bluetooth and wifi (if it has it) off also saves battery.

Did the manual suggest a full charge before first use, and if so did you do that?

The first day I used it a lot to check all new features. But after that just a few texts and calls. Every setting is basically at default.

And when I put it in to charge the first time, it turned itself on and started asking for input so I used it while it was charging. Does that make a difference? And if it did can I still take it back?

Aye, I'd say take it back and ask for a new battery. The only other thing I can think of is that I heard too much heat can be bad for li-ion batteries, or if it's near a heat source whilst charging(also why people who tend to run their laptops constantly on charge end up with crap batteries).