NEurope
Kirkatronics

Get A Hobby

You've already got a hobby: creating threads. But it's turning into a bad habit.

I love to fantasise. I imagine worlds, stories, characters ... I want to write them down, become an author or something, but I'm rubbish at getting it down on paper. I dunno if you can call that a hobby, though. Gaming, surfing the Internet, reading ... those are what I'd consider my hobbies.

For a minute there I wondered what was going to follow on from that first sentence.

I suggest jogging. It's a hobby I've taken up this summer.

For a minute there I wondered what was going to follow on from that first sentence.

I suggest jogging. It's a hobby I've taken up this summer.

Tell me, what in my post suggests that you were wrong in your first assumption? ;)

Tell me, what in my post suggests that you were wrong in your first assumption? ;)

Tell me, what was his first assumption? How do we know if he was right or wrong.

Tell me, what was his first assumption? How do we know if he was right or wrong.

Well, I don't know his first assumption, so I don't know if he was right or wrong. ;)

You've already got a hobby: creating threads. But it's turning into a bad habit.

This was very harsh, but also quite funny. Ooo, you devil.

Hmm, a hobby, eh? Well, at the moment, I'm into keeping fit, and it can also be a fun and rewarding way to spend your time. So, that's one thing to go for. The other thing I would suggest is reading. You could borrow books from mates, the library, or go out and buy a few to spend your time. If I had a bit more money, I would get more books, because I love reading.

The final thing I'm going to suggest is, as Rizz said, take up an instrument. Very fun, and again, very rewarding. Like new riffs or songs is brilliant, there's a great feeling of accomplishment there. :)

If you enjoyed it you would've thanked it ;).

Pfft. Thanking someone with one button is not as fun as mentioning them in a post.

You know I am one of those people that will take every thank I can get and that comment was better than I first thought. So gimme it! Pointsorz!

Smoking is a hobby.

I like to write and to draw and to smoke.

I've also really, really got into Doctor Who recently.

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

But really... errrrrrmmmm.... i can see you as a trainspotter?

Well, then you're just being rubbish and don't really want a hobby, I reckon you're just trying to get posts and start threads! You can't just dismiss everything before you try it! Besides, I didn't tell you to go out and do excercise, I told you to do a martial art.
If your talking about the painting models, thats expensive and i want a hobby that preferably costs little to nothing.

Thought about checking the local paper for clubs and whatnot?

Ive never thought of that, will give it a go.

Got a camera? Why not take up photography take a walk and take pictures of interesting things or have a theme you stick to.

Or go for a coffee and observe life write down interesting things you see, this is what inspired Alan Bennett a great playwright.

I think ill start taking more photos, start editing them too :)

PAINT!

BE CREATIVE AND PAINT!

Oh god, i have no had eye co-ordination. Although it could be fun.

Learn to juggle. It totally rocks and you can do it anywhere. Also, it is great for stress relief.
I have o hand eye co-ordination, but i tink ill give it a go. Any suggestions what i can use from around the house?

I approve of Warhammer painting, as for price, if you have a local hobby shop they may have something similar to what mine has, a Bits and Pieces box. It literally just has bits and pieces in it, you cna find nice high dollar models every once in a while and get them fairly cheap. Getting good paints cheap....that's a different story.

I say you take up mooching off of friends. Whenever they are free, go hand out with them and partake in their hobbies of smoking drinking board games whatever. Just don't use your own money.

I already dothe last one, but it makes me feel bad =[

Read more.
Ive been doing this, i just have to find something i enjoy reading.

This was very harsh, but also quite funny. Ooo, you devil.

Hmm, a hobby, eh? Well, at the moment, I'm into keeping fit, and it can also be a fun and rewarding way to spend your time. So, that's one thing to go for. The other thing I would suggest is reading. You could borrow books from mates, the library, or go out and buy a few to spend your time. If I had a bit more money, I would get more books, because I love reading.

The final thing I'm going to suggest is, as Rizz said, take up an instrument. Very fun, and again, very rewarding. Like new riffs or songs is brilliant, there's a great feeling of accomplishment there. :)

Deffo gonna start reading, just need to find something to my taste. Im not really into long stoiries, but i like reading things which are factual. MAybe stuff about technology etc..

Well you used the word fantasise, in such context it was harmless, but typically it leads to something a little more x-rated.

Well you used the word fantasise, in such context it was harmless, but typically it leads to something a little more x-rated.

And he was saying that nothing in his post disqualifies that. (Not sure if that's the right wording but fuck it.)

And he was saying that nothing in his post disqualifies that. (Not sure if that's the right wording but fuck it.)

Exactly. My whole post can still be read as containing X-rated material! :p