N-Europe

Altering A Seriel Key

Kirkatronics

Recently i downloaded Anno 1701, and inputted a key i found from the internet.

Now i have an autehntic code, and i cant find how to change it.

Ive checked google, and i cant find the answer.

(Im assuming ill have to do it via regedit.)

Edited by Kirkatronics

It doesnt work, it just uses the old key.

Completely wipe the game files, then reinstall it from the disc image.

If you downloaded the files directly, then you'll have to poke about in the registry (strongly unrecom unless you know what you're doing.

You can download programs that clear your registry of values from old programs. You can also download programs that remove programs better than what Windows do. Super removers, or whatever they're called.

Or, here's a novel idea: ring up the developers/distributors and explain them this. They'll obviously help you if you have a real, paid for, code.

If you have a bit of experience with regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Ubisoft and then search for the Anno Folder there. Usually one of the keys says serial or something and should also display the serial number you entered. Double click on that and enter the new serial. Keep in mind that there's always the possibility to backup registry values so if you feel insecure do that before changing anything.

However it seems for instance EA-Games save the serial either encrypted or somewhere else because I can't seem to find it in the registry, but maybe you are lucky with Anno.

If it's not in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Folder look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Ubisoft

If you have a 64-bit system you have to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432node -> Ubisoft

Actually I'm just assuming it's in the Ubisoft folder because I don't own the games but have a few other Ubisoft titles and they are all in that folder.

Edited by Konfucius

If you have a bit of experience with regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Ubisoft and then search for the Anno Folder there. Usually one of the keys says serial or something and should also display the serial number you entered. Double click on that and enter the new serial. Keep in mind that there's always the possibility to backup registry values so if you feel insecure do that before changing anything.

However it seems for instance EA-Games save the serial either encrypted or somewhere else because I can't seem to find it in the registry, but maybe you are lucky with Anno.

If it's not in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Folder look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Ubisoft

If you have a 64-bit system you have to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432node -> Ubisoft

Actually I'm just assuming it's in the Ubisoft folder because I don't own the games but have a few other Ubisoft titles and they are all in that folder.

Cant find that directory, ill search for it though.