NEurope

927385.jpg

Anyone remember this game? I think what made it so great originally was that it offered quality multiplayer without having to make you squint by splitting the screen.

The minigames were simple yet had a good slice of strategy and playing co-op in the story mode was fantastic, with some great challenges late on in the game along with fiendish bosses.

Throwing crates at peoples faces was awesome!

Crash sucks!

Wait... so this isn't a thread where we get to 'bash' Crash for going from perfectly playable platformer to a painfully poor pile of pap? damn... :blank:

On a serious note, the older Crash games used to be rather good, can't say I've ever played this 'Bash' game but the first three weren't bad at all. :)

Yeah it's just that I have discussed the first 3 games plenty enough, they are all awesome. I gemmed each game, platinum relic'd Warped and found it all a blast.

Bash is actually a very fun game.

I loved this game back in the day. There was the one where you had to pogo across the floor to mark the place with more of your own colour than anyone elses. My favourite style of game was the 'bash' levels, where you had boxes on the floor and had to defeat the other opponents...I could play that for hours.

It's a game of one-upmanship. When you've hit the character that the person beside you is controlling in the face with a crate, it's like you've just insulted them and their face reveals a pained expression.

It has a good mix of luck and skill, like the pinball type game, although the car racing is mostly reactions and nerve.

Crash Bash...yeah...me and a mate played this until we had it 201% completed.

We laughed, screamed, insulted and almost killed each other but we finally did it and we felt great :D

This game is just plain and pure fun.

Haha me and a friend didn't quite make it to 201% but your experience sounds very similar to ours. The game is unfair!

The game is unfair!

Indeed it is.

Beating an unfair game is highly satisfying, though.

Crash Bash is probably the best co-op game I have ever played in terms of having fun.

I remember playing a demo of this back in the day, and finding it unusually fun.

I do remember playing this, but only in single-player. It's obviously not as fun. :heh:

Crash Bash is indeed one of the best games the PS1 had to offer, after Crash Bandicoot 1, 2 and 3 :D I loved it! Think I beat the game at about 170% but couldn't be bothered with the rest of the gems, a bit like the main games actually :heh:

I loved gemming the first 3 games, it was quite rewarding even if you only got a 5 seconds worth alternate ending in number two. In crash 1 getting all the gems means you get to skip the last boss but it's pointless really seeing as it's extremely tricky to do and Cortex is piss-easy.

Do it for pride, I think that's more important than trophies/achievements. But I like both.

I think I did it on CB1, didn't you get to jump on all the silver gems in the tower or something? :D

i'll say this... it's better than most mario party games..

but this was the first crash game not to be developed by naughty dog and the start of his downfall..

crash team racing was still naughty dog and fantastic.

this was average.. frustratingly difficult at times. the pogo stickrounds were stupid

Crash Bash is indeed one of the best games the PS1 had to offer, after Crash Bandicoot 1, 2 and 3 :D I loved it! Think I beat the game at about 170% but couldn't be bothered with the rest of the gems, a bit like the main games actually :heh:

:D.... I'd disagree there..

did nobody play ctr lol sometimes I feel alone

:D.... I'd disagree there..

did nobody play ctr lol sometimes I feel alone

I played it. Also played nitro kart which was shit.

I played it. Also played nitro kart which was shit.

nitro kart is a PS2 game crt is a PS1 game. :D different games, different developers.

it's like me judging a zelda game on the wand of gamelot :D

Well yes I also milked everything I could out of CTR, stop pretending to feel alone; everyone has played that game.

It's just each NaughtyDog Crash game has been talked about before and I wondered if anyone played this game. I think I originally picked it up for my PS2, was it a late release?

Well yes I also milked everything I could out of CTR, stop pretending to feel alone; everyone has played that game.

It's just each NaughtyDog Crash game has been talked about before and I wondered if anyone played this game. I think I originally picked it up for my PS2, was it a late release?

I created a thread on ctr before... only a handful of people on this forum played it..

you picked it up for your ps1 and yes it was late enough in the system's life..,

it had a different developer(eurocom I think) and was an average enough game.. Party games usually are anyway.

I usually reply to this threads and it's not always positive..Sometimes people think games were better now because they were kids then... It's what i like to call the rampage-theory or whatever..

this isn't THAT bad.. I mean co-op in single was cool,the box throwing games are pretty fun as are the pongesqe ones

No I picked it up for my PS2. And you can't have played it for that long because if you managed to thrill your way to the last warp room there's no way you couldn't have loved it. Trust me a lot of people have played CTR, if you posted in the Other Consoles you probably would've got more replies, although retro games don't get the same amount of comments as new releases obviously.

I know there's nostalgia but I played this game with 3 others recently and you can't help but laugh at the brilliance of it all.

nitro kart is a PS2 game crt is a PS1 game. :D different games, different developers.

I know they are different games, which is why I said I also played nitro kart.

I think he's on his period, otherwise he wouldn't be posting in a highly strung manner about common knowledge.

I know they are different games, which is why I said I also played nitro kart.

i misread thought you were talking about ctr... one of those games i defend to heights ha

I think he's on his period, otherwise he wouldn't be posting in a highly strung manner about common knowledge.

ah bitch bitch bitch...

Well I thought CTR was a brilliant game. Although Mario Kart was better.

*runs for cover*

I preferred CTR but I like MK a lot as well, isn't really necessary to pick a necessary to pick a winner when it's this close though.