N-Europe

Volunteering

Kirkatronics

I've been thinking about volunteering.

Awesome.

For a selfish reason, but they get what they want.

Fair enough...

Has anyone here ever done anything voluntry before, and what was it like?

Never so I couldn't say.

I also have a question, would it affect my Job Seekers Allowance at all?

No because the money you raise will go to charity and not your pocket, might want to double check with the Job Centre though, who knows they may even support you. :)

Ive been thinking about volunteering.

For a selfish reason, but they get what they want.

Has anyone here ever done anything voluntry before, and what was it like?

I also have a question, would it affect my Job Seekers Allowance at all?

I haven't, but my girlfriend has done quite a bit. She signed up to some volunteering programme and did something like 250 hours worth of volunteer work with friends. I think for the most part she really enjoyed it and it's a real CV booster.

My best friend does it often, she works with college students who do like film and media, I've met alot of them, really cool people. So much so that I may join up myself next year, its alot of effort though for unpaid work, but its a laugh right?

I did a bit a while ago

re: jobseekers.

you can do a certain amount per week based on hours and/ or money earned. It should also only be for a registered charity because the govt don't want business' exploiting 'free labour' loop holes by hiring workers who get 'paid' by claiming JSA.

That said- if the experience is good (I assume you're volunteering to help your CV like me) and you'd be breaking a few rules...lie. If the work doesn't involve being paid in to your accounts, you can lie to the job centre and all they have is your word.