NEurope
Stocka

Revolution-Europe's Top 50 Nintendo Games of all Time(VOTING CLOSED!)

So many good games to choose from...

1. Super Mario World - Platformer perfection

2. Metroid Prime

3. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

4. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

5. Pokemon Silver

1. Super smash bros. melee

2. Tales of Syph.

3. Resident Evil 4

4. Pokemon Red/Blue

5. The legend of Zelda O.o.T

1- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

This game touched me deaply, i'll never forget it.

2- The Legend of Zelda: ocarina of Time

Never thougt a game so old as this is could be so good at any time

3- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Yes i know, i like the zelda franchise and the story of Wind Waker touched me to

4 - Metroid: Prime

It touched me deaply to

5- Super Smash Bros. Melee

Oh yes! One of The best Nintendo Games ever and a good descendent of SSB

1. Zelda OOT: Simply the best game ever made, cant really add alot everything has already been said in previous posts.

2. Resident Evil 4

3. Eternal Darkness

4. Mario Kart Ds

5. Mario 64

:D

Mario 64

N64

Ahh, memories. I had been entranced by the screenshots and stories of the game ever since they arose!

When I got Mario 64 I was hooked until I finished it. Superbly responsive controls, great gameplay-

Unexeprienced in 3D uptill then, Nintendo marks history making one of the most succesful transitions from 2D to 3D!

Zelda: Ocarina of time

N64

Seemingly endless freedom in another succesful transition from 2D to 3D by Nintendo. The moment I got the game

I never stopped playing(literally, I'm afraid): the vast world, music and atmosphere along with great minigames made OOT a rich experience

not to forget. The amazing concept, executed with amazing congruency has been rarily rivalled even uptill today - in my humble

opinion, of course. Games like the recent Kameo compared to OOC, are hopelessly behind in design, and I don't say that for Nostalgia sake, nor bitter feelings towards Rare. ;)

Super Smash brothers Melee

Gamecube

Wow! Nintendo HAL delivers an extremely polished and balanced game, and an uniquely strong combination of intuitive controls

and depth. These seemingly paradoxical factors work so well: tournaments of the game are held and I spent

so many hours with the game, that I lost count. Uptill now I still am always up for a go at a friend in this game.

Another classic.

Secret of Mana

SNES

An action RPG on the SNES which has such beautiful music and atmosphere. On the surface it may seem shallow

However, it depicts a cult atmosphere around the bad guy Thanatos quite effectively, which got me itnrigued early on.

Later on in the game the dragon you befriended rescues you, and from then on you can fly on him in quasi 3D and land 'anywhere'

in the world. For the time this was an absolutely stunning gameplay mode. As you get into the pre-last boss, Thanatos, your

jaw drops: a screenfilling, masterfully designed reaper, accompanied by the best boss music ever. Hell yeah!

After you defeat Thanatos you battle the Mana beast, untypically the game has a bit of a sad ending. Wow!

Quite amusing that it was only after I finished the game I was told the game could be played with two friends,

controlling everyone in your party.

Chrono Trigger

SNES

What an amazing experience! Square houses some of the best videogame music composers, and Yasunori Mitsuda

provides truly epic music for the RPG. A true Square classic, the turned based combat is executed on the spot, rather

than transitioning to a theme-based background(i.e. in woods you get a few trees as background), which I find breaking

immersion and annoying. As soon as I found out how much this game was about timetravel, I was sold. The game is hailed

as on of the best classic console RPG's ever, and for good reason!

1) Pokemon Gold - spent 700 hours on this, did absolutely everything. I was the master of pokemon 8)

2)Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - such a beautiful and enchanting game.

3) The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - I've played it many times, it looks beautiful, it plays beautifully. A great game.

4) Resident Evil 4 - amazing, everything is amazing lol :heh:

5) Advance Wars - a massive, very addictive GBA game.

I'll keep mine as Nintendo developed game only because it'd get too difficult for me to choose taking third parties into account.

1. Super Metroid- Most atmospheric game ever made, beauty incarnated in game form, Nintendo's masterpiece for sure.

2. Link to the Past- Massive, epic adventure spanning 2 amazing worlds with some incredibly well made dungeons full of challening puzzles. The best Zelda easily to me.

3. Super Mario World- a slide of 2d Platforming heaven, plain and simple

4. Super Mario Brothers 3- yet another slice of the same thing, debatable whether it's as tasty, but I'll go this way just now.

5. Zelda: Majora's Mask- A very clever and well thought out game that does a great job stirring all kinds of emotions. Quality over quantity with dungeons, but what a level of quality they are, a hugely original and innovative title, an experience the likes of which is unlikely to ever be seen again. Beats out its predecessor in my opinion due to the amount of imagination and originality it contains.

1. [snes] Chrono Trigger - The story line was magnificent. It was grand, it was great, and the characters were very cool. Gameplay kicked ass, and it has the best music in any game.

2. [gcn] Metroid Prime

3. [n64] Smash Bros.

4. [n64] Mario Kart 64

5. [gbc] Mario Tennis

1. Mario Kart: Double Dash! (GameCube) - Easy to learn in 50ccm but challenging to win in 150ccm. Long-time motivating! Great multiplayer.

2. Mario Party 6

3. Wario Ware, Inc.: Mega Party Game$ (GameCube)

4. Zoo Keeper (DS)

5. Mario Kart DS (DS)

Well,this isn't really an easy task. There are so many good games that I have played on my nintendo systems, that it is almost unfair to pick just 5. Ah well, I'll put the ones that come to my mind right now:

Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

My... God...

Super Mario 64

The masterpiece that defined the standard of platform games. Superb.

F-Zero GX

I'm surprise to see that nobody mentioned this game. Fast-paced, beautiful, easy to play, difficult to master, great music (Mute City and Big Blue :bowdown: ).

Star Wars - Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike

One of the few games that gave me a true Star Wars feeling. Less difficult than Rogue Squadron 2, but still challenging enough to provide a better experience than the previous one. A great pollygon-pusher. The multi-player is awesome.

Resident Evil 4

Never liked the resident evil series. Until this game came out. Brilliant.

1-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Nintendo 64'

Simply the best game ever created.

2-Super Mario 64 'Nintendo 64'

Simply AMAZING

The feeling of 3D in all it's glory.

I remember myself the first time I saw Super Mario 64 in action.

I was like 'that can't be real'

When I bought my Nintendo 64 with Mario I remember myself wakling and running around the castle for about 2 hours, doing.....nothing just walking and running,climbing on to the trees and swimming in the water.

For the first time in my life 2 hours of nothing where so fun.

Even today, almost 10 years later, Super Mario 64 is the king of platform games.

3-Super Mario Bros. 3 'NES'

Another masterpiece...

What can I say about this one?

The level design, the music, everything was so perfect...

Best 2D Mario and best 2D platform EVER.

4- Super Metroid 'SNES'

What a game!

That's what I say every time I see the Super Metroid logo.

One of the best SNES games 'if not the best'.

5- Chrono Trigger 'SNES'

Best RPG of the 16 bit era, end one of the best games of all time.

1. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (snes) - Brilliant gameplay and beautiful visuals, best mario game ever.

2. Donkey Kong Country (snes)

3. Super Mario 64 (n64)

4. Mario Kart DS (ds)

5. Super Mario World (snes)

1. Ocarina of Time (The definitive epic adventure, videogames answer to Lord of the Rings)

2. Goldeneye (Superb singleplayer and a unforgetable multiplayer, all set in the Bond universe... mmmm.)

3. Zelda Wind Waker (Sunsets and map making on the high seas and a sword fight with Ganon! A very different but superb Zelda game)

4. Resident Evil 4 (Made me played a series that I traditionaly can't stand, a super game)

5. Metroid Prime (Isolation and awe, a great experience and update for a series that many thought couldn't make the transition to 3D)

Man that order is flawed im sure and I have had to leave out so many great games its untrue. :hmm: But in terms of classic experiences and actual great games I think all those games stand the test of time.

1. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

2. Metroid Prime 1

3. Super Mario 64 DS

4. Resident Evil 4

5. Banjo-Kazooie

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

2. Goldeneye 007

3. Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past

4. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

5. Donkey Kong Country 2: Didy's Kong Quest

1. Tales of Symphonia (gc) - Great fun from begining to end, long, good story, fun battles, over all one great game.

2. Metriod Prime (gc)

3. Super Smash Brothers Melee (gc)

4. Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (n64)

5. Super Mario Bros. 3 (nes)

This is one of the hardest lists I ever had to think up. There are just so many other great games and they all should be in the top 5. 5 just feel so limiting.

1. super mario world (SNES) - introduced yoshi. good power ups although not as good as some in SMB3. great improvements in baddies and bosses. gameplay was so smooth. number of levels was massive.

2. metroid (NES)

3. pokemon red/blue/green (GB)

4. donkey kong (NES/Arcade)

5. Mystical Ninja starring Goemon (N64)

1: Metroid Prime - the first time i played metroid, and the first 3D metroid game. Absolutely brilliant. though MP2 is also great i like MP just that bit more.

2: Super Smash Bros Melee

3: Perfect Dark

4: Conker's BFD

5: Eternal Darkness

at least thats what comes to mind straight away.... but i think its pretty accurate, as theyre the games i played most (except Prime and ED since theyre not multiplayer)

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - The only game I could ever describe as beautiful. An enchanting story, gorgeous visuals and sheer brilliance make this game stand on top of the rest.

2. Pikmin 2

3. Metroid Prime

4: Mario Kart 64

5. Goldeneye

I have to say, when I mention these games I actually mean the whole damn franchise!! But since we can only name one game each....:

1. Super Metroid, SNES - Dunno how many times I've played each of the Metroid games over and over. Metroid II is the only one I haven't completed :-)

2. Legend of Zelda: OOT, N64 - Does anything more need to be said about these games?

3. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, GC - The best in the series for me, I just got it 2 weeks ago and I'm loving it. The others were great but this one is magical! Can't wait for FE:Revo!!

4. Super Mario Kart, SNES - The beginning of the franchise for me. Hence I love it more than any other!

5. Super Mario Brothers, NES - This is the game that actually turned me into a real gamer. Finally a real game with a proper goal, different looking worlds and actions (running, jumping, breaking, shooting, swimming...), great addictive music and powerups that lasted more than 5 seconds!!! If it hadn't been for you Mario, I don't know what I'd be!

1. Pokemon Silver (Generally Gold/Silver/Crystal)

It made me get crazy (just like with all Pokemon Games). Played from more than 700 hours, collected all 251 Pokemon, had thousend of battles. Breeded many Pokemon and had the most fun in my life.

The World was the best of all others. Johto had many mysteries to reveal just like Kanto. The game was the hardest to beat (meaning the adventure) since it had 16 badges to get. All 251 Pokemon wasn't so easy to catch. Movesets were updated much better that the old ones. New Pokemon had new abilities and the day/night feature was really interesting.

The best RPG and the best Game ever in my opinion.

2.Pokemon Red (Generally Red/Blue/Yellow)

Some things cannot change, just like Pokemon. Cool as very first idea, well-made and interesting.

3.The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker

4.Super Smash Bros. Melee

5.Resident Evil 4

1) Super Mario Bros. Definitely the best game i´ve ever played and the one that showed me that there are a new world inside a little box and a little cartridge wish i have never got tired of. And I think Mario it´s the best saga in this huge world (mario 2, 3, world, 64, yoshi´s,kart, tennis, etc), but anyway i´m gonna vote for some other games that deserve a vote too.

2) The legend of zelda: Ocarina of time (even though the first game of this saga that really kept me in its world was a link to the past, ocarina of time definitely changed the way I see hyrule)

3) Super Smash Brothers Melee (It´s almost like if everybody have forgotten that there was the game of the N64 wich was really amazing, but anyway its secuel really kicked it off and got perfect in every single aspect, definitely my most played game of the gc)

4) Wario Wario Touched (Maybe many of u disagree with this vote (and maybe many haven´t even played it) but after about 20 years in this world I just bought that game and made me remember why I`m still playing: "For having fun with my family", this jewel seems to be really simple (and actually it is) but it´s one of the reasons that made me enjoy it for several ours, it doesn´t have the best graphics or sounds but it´s simply incredible what it can do only with a stylus, a touch screen and a microphone, I can only say:"Nintendo u still rock and I hope u keep this way for many years more"

5)Pokemon: green leaf. This game hasn´t obtain its fame only by lucky, is definitely a great game because it changed the style of a playing a game, and even with its easily gaming, it really makes me really happy when I capture a new pokemon.

Maybe for some of u my list is really dull, but remember videogames are for having fun, not to be worried about (at least that´s the way I see them) That`s why I have many years buying them, and I´m really loyal to the big N.

By the way i´m sorry about my english but i´m a spanish speaker

Adios

1) Super Mario Bros. Definitely the best game i´ve ever played and the one that showed me that there are a new world inside a little box and a little cartridge wish i have never got tired of. And I think Mario it´s the best saga in this huge world (mario 2, 3, world, 64, yoshi´s,kart, tennis, etc), but anyway i´m gonna vote for some other games that deserve a vote too.

2) The legend of zelda: Ocarina of time (even though the first game of this saga that really kept me in its world was a link to the past, ocarina of time definitely changed the way I see hyrule)

3) Super Smash Brothers Melee (It´s almost like if everybody have forgotten that there was the game of the N64 wich was really amazing, but anyway its secuel really kicked it off and got perfect in every single aspect, definitely my most played game of the gc)

4) Wario Wario Touched (Maybe many of u disagree with this vote (and maybe many haven´t even played it) but after about 20 years in this world I just bought that game and made me remember why I`m still playing: "For having fun with my family", this jewel seems to be really simple (and actually it is) but it´s one of the reasons that made me enjoy it for several ours, it doesn´t have the best graphics or sounds but it´s simply incredible what it can do only with a stylus, a touch screen and a microphone, I can only say:"Nintendo u still rock and I hope u keep this way for many years more"

5)Pokemon: green leaf. This game hasn´t obtain its fame only by lucky, is definitely a great game because it changed the style of a playing a game, and even with its easily gaming, it really makes me really happy when I capture a new pokemon.

Maybe for some of u my list is really dull, but remember videogames are for having fun, not to be worried about (at least that´s the way I see them) That`s why I have many years buying them, and I´m really loyal to the big N.

By the way i´m sorry about my english but i´m a spanish speaker

Adios

hey there, im a long time reader of the site, ever since it was N64-europe

never really felt compelled to post though..

1. Zelda OOT - The locale was amazing at the time, when i first stepped into hyrule field i was blown away, the music was awesome too, and i dont usually like game soundtracks

2. Super smash brothers melee

3. Banjo kazooie

4. Conkers bad fur day

5. Pokemon yellow