NEurope
Stocka

Revolution-Europe's Top 50 Nintendo Games of all Time(VOTING CLOSED!)

1 - Eternal Darkness (just because people are not voting much on this game and I think it should come on the top 10... and it deserves the 5 points)

2 - The Legend of Zelda: OoT (eventhough it's not on 1st place, it's the best game I've ever played. If I was not thinking about what other people's voting, I would put it on 1st)

3 - Goldeneye

4 - Super Mario 64

5 - Super Mario 3 (NES)

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

It's Zelda, what more of a reason could there be? It's saddening that Twilight Princess isn't in my number one position, but Ocarina of Time is definately a most worth filler for that gargantuan game. Ocarina of Time was my frist experience in such an expansive world not seperated by levels. I was able to explore wherever I want whenever I want with few restrictions. It wasn't too easy being one of my first real games at the age of ten/eleven, but I managed to defeat Ganon in the end. It held seriousness, humour, action - everything I could ask for in my road to a gamer.

2. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)

My retro days of the NES were filled with this title as it was all I did at my nana's. While I didn't get to play it often and I sucked like Birdo in an erection centre, it's still one of my most memorable games to this day. Revolution will finally reunite me with this masterpiece.

3. Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)

Being nearly undefeatable is what binds me to this game. When I'm actually defeated, I train to defeat them. When I do, I'm happy and go on to find more challenging opponents. One of the most competitive games I've ever played, it's my favourite multiplayer franchise.

4. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Paper Mario on the N64 was my first turn-based RPG experience - and my god it was amazing. Over a year ago I was flipping through Nintendo Power and my jaw dropped when I saw a couple screens of Paper Mario 2. My jaw dropped again the next month when it was announced for that upcoming december. It took the first game and improved on everything possible meanwhile executing an original storyline and maintaining what I loved about the original.

5. Tetris (NES)

I'm not all too proud of my emulator-usage on this game, but my record(sig) stands tall as many struggle with less than half of that. Those who know my gaming tastes can probably guess that I'm a sucker for a great puzzle game. Doctor Mario, Super Bustamove, they're all good. Tetris takes this cake though as it's perhaps the best puzzle game ever that doesn't hurt my eyes (Dr. Mario). Live on my friend.

Notable Mentions: Baten Kaitos, Mario 64, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy

1. Skies of Arcadia Legends (Played it when it was on the Dreamcast and it has become my all time favorite game, I have gotten at least 6 people into it and I am always trying to get more, this game needs a sequel.)

2. Resident Evil 4

3. Metroid Prime

4 Super Mario Bros. 3

5. Tales of Syphonia

Woohoo! I just signed up in order to put a post on this!

okay;

1. The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64) -- Yeah, it's all been said but this game was way ahead of its time when it was released. The shear size of the game world was amazing, I think it was also the first game to get a 10/10 at gamespot.com. That and it's my favourite game ever.

2. Super Smash Brothers (Nintendo 64) -- The original and the best! I spent the majority of jr highschool (yrs 7 - 10) playing this masterpiece. Plus it was one of the only games I beat my friends at constantly. I always played as Pikachu.

3. Tales Of Symphonia (Nintendo Gamecube) -- This was for me a real eye opener. The pure mix of anime style graphics and melee fighting style got me into this great RPG. I think that honestly it didn't get all the attention it deserved. It still stands as my favourite Gamecube game.

4. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (Nintendo Gamecube) -- Wow. This game rocked. It was a remake but until the time that it was released I had no exposure to the MGS series. I was in awe of the story telling capability, through the use of the long in game movies. It was the first time I'd ever seen anything like it. Now I'm a MGS fan, shame theres a real lack of MGS on Gamecube, but i don't want a Playstation... so i'll just keep my fingers crossed.

5. Lego Starwars (Nintendo Gamecube) -- This is a recent favourite, I only got a copy afew weeks ago, but the fact that anyone of anyage can play it puts it in my top five.

...Sorry about the length of this post. It's my first... I just got excited :bouncy:

1) Goldeneye (N64) Awesome single and multiplayer. The reason I switched from Sega to Nintendo.

2) Zelda OOT (N64) Do I really need to write why I like this?

3) Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 (N64) Sure it was a bad port but I love the game and just never got sick of it.

4) Resident Evil 4 (GCN) Easily the best game this generation on any system.

5) Phantasy Star Online (GCN) I just can’t stop playing it and I don’t even have it online.

here are mine.

1.Ocarina Of Time: the reason why i like it is because it was the game that brought me into video games

2. Metroid Prime: the game just makes you fell that you are a part of the game

3.Mario Kart (SNES): i always play this game with my brother aven now it is one of the most funnest games around

4. Tales of Symphonia: the game is so magical and i just love the music in it.

5. Final Fantasy VI (SNES): it was a really emotinol game when you get into it.

TOP 5 GAMES OF ALL TIME [in My Opinion]:

TOP GAME:

1.) The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time [N64] Considered by many critics to be the greatest game ever made and ranked highest amongst all game statistic sites such as http://www.gamerankings.com with no review below 80% [the only game to achieve this] for a good reason. Everything about the game makes it a true MASTERPIECE its tight control, level design, and its innovative gameplay mechanics such as Z targeting. Had a great feeling of satisfaction completing puzzles in this game, never a dull moment, was always drawn back to play this game again and again.

2.) Super Mario 64 [N64] Arguably, the greatest platform game ever made and the sole game responsible for revolutionising the genre with its phenominal sense of control, courtesy of 360 degree analog control which was practically non existent until this game came out. A True Classic.

3.) Super Metroid - Another classic game, for what it offered at the time of its release, an incredibly well thought-out and intriguing adventure from start to finish, also bonus incentive to win in under 3 hours, revealing some Samus skin.

4.) Goldeneye 007 - Still to this day, my favorite all time first person shooter. Have yet to see a movie license be used to produce a fine game like this, mediocrity film based games fills the store shelves these days. Need I give examples?

BOTTOM GAME:

5.) Metroid Prime [GCN] One of the very few ORIGINAL GCN games to be released for the system, great level design, graphics, puzzles, the use of first person pespective and scanning. Easily the best GCN game to date.

1. The Legend of Zelda: OoT

2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

3. Perfect Dark

4. Soul Caliber II

5. Super Mario 64

My Top 5 Nintendo Games of all time!

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) – This is quite possibly the only game that has ever filled me with true joy upon competition. I’m still not 100% sure why it is the case for this and not others, as there were many agonising times throughout (the Water Temple is one of my worst memories ever)! However, I shall never forget the final shot of Link and Princess Zelda reunited in their childhood. Quite incredible. The fact that I played this game after many graphical superior titles on the GameCube shows just how timeless it is!

2. Goldeneye (N64) – The only game that I have ever had non-stop fun with from beginning to middle (that’s right, it hasn’t reached an end yet! I’m still playing it today!).

3. Resident Evil Remake (GCN) - A fantastic storyline with brilliant characters and in my opinion the best sound score ever! This game still gives me the shits, even though I’ve already completed it. All topped off with the finest visuals I have ever seen.

4. Metroid Prime (GCN) - A huge adventure of epic proportions with a fantastic combination of gameplay elements. This does not fit a category and is one of the most unique, diverse games I have ever played. Never are the FMV’s over used, the story and mood of the game is created as you play it, something which developers rarely succeed in doing these days.

5. Pokemon Red (GB) – I’m not a huge Pokemon fan these days, but when I think back to it, Pokemon Red gave me hours, days, months and even years of enjoyment. It took me well over a year to “catch em all†and to build my elite squad of Level 100 Pokemon, but when that happened, I became unstoppable. It’s probably the most engrossing game I’ve ever played and ever will play.

These titles were very difficult to choose from, and it is possible that some may be changed before this feature finishes. Nevertheless, these are fantastic games!

1- zelda ocarina of time

2 - zelda majoras mask

3 - zelda wind waker

4 - super smash bros. melee

5 - metriod prime

1. Ocarina of Time

2. Resident Evil 4

3. Super Smash Bros Melee

4. Metroid Prime

5. Zelda: A link to the past

wished i can name more, five just ain't enough.

1, Metroid Prime (GCN)

2, Yoshi's Island (SNES)

3, Goldeneye 007 (N64)

4, Pikmin 2 (GCN)

5, Ocarina of Time (N64)

This is really, really hard for me. I've owned alot of consoles - and alot of the games, and nearly all of them have given me an amazing time.

1. Tales of Symphonia [GC] - I don't think I've ever been so connected with a character or the storyline before. I've actually had emotional moments over the game - thinking about the world etc, and it's relations to Earth. But enough about that for now!

2. Goldeneye 007 [N64] - I cannot believe how much fun this extremely basic game was. Most definately the best FPS ever made - without a doubt. I still have conversations with my classmates about the best guns, levels and I havn't even completed the damn thing! [Aztec is impossible - I swear!]

3. Sonic Mega Collection [GC] - I put this in here for the games that were actually on the Mega Drive, and the memories it brought back. What a legend.

4. Yoshi's Island [GBA + SNES, played on both once again] - Best platforming game without a doubt. Graphics, sounds, heck - even my mum played this game and loved it.

5. Super Smash Bros Melee [GC] - Even playing by myself on a multiplayer game was fun. Many a time when I got bored with my GC games I'd stick that in and give it a whirl.

1. Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

2. Zelda: Wind Waker

3. Super Mario 64

4. Goldeneye

5. Yoshi's Island

All have more polish and finess than any other game ever.

1. Zelda: WW - The grapical beauty, the way it ties with the story of OOT and the gigantic map, mixed with the feeling you get from every zelda game, makes it an epic experience.

2. Zelda: OOT

3. Mario 64

4. Metroid Prime

5. Banjo Kazooie

1. Zelda: Majora´s Mask - wonderful, dark and underrated experience. The feeling when you´re playing the games is something you can´t express with words.

2. Skies of Arcadia Legends - Another underrated and wonderful game. Huge and beatiful world with fantastic charatcters, music and storyline.

3. Super Mario World - This is THE platformer.

4. Zelda: The Wind Waker - Awesome visual style combined with Nintendo quality.

5. Resident Evil 4 - I can´t believe how good game this really is. Best visuals in this generation, tight controls, wonderful voice acting etc... GOTY 2005.

1. Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC): - The Greatest RPG in existance, and unfortunately, completely underapreciated. The characters are wonderfully developed, the story is funny, deep, and very original, and the soundtrack was so good, it forced me to download it. Most importantly of all, though, it has lots of pretty flashing lights. This was one of the games that decided my console choice. It's in a totally different league than every other game, which is probably what prompted me to beat it more than 10 times.

2. Resident Evil 4 (GC): Shotguns, Zombies, Heads Exploding, Schoolgirls offering some "overtime."

3. Tales of Phantasia (Super Famicom): 2d RPG's at their best, and the most interesting ending I've come across... buy it when it come out on the GBA

4. Advanced Wars: Dual Strike (DS): The most addictive strategy game I've ever played... 87 hours so far with no sign of stopping

5. Perfect Dark (N64): 64 fps's at their peak, because of the Goldeneye elements plus so much more

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

2. Pikmin

3. Super Smash Bros Melee

4. Mario Kart 64

5. Animal Crossing

3. Tales of Phantasia (Super Famicom): 2d RPG's at their best, and the most interesting ending I've come across... buy it when it come out on the GBA

What was the ending!? I'm curious. Spoiler it please dude - I couldn't be arsed to complete it.

What was the ending!? I'm curious. Spoiler it please dude - I couldn't be arsed to complete it.
basicly...

spoiler ahead (i'd recomend no one to read it, but since you asked)

you played all game in your point of view, but it was still a revenge

to someone who did wrong to you, so when you got to the end, you're as bad

as the main bad character, as he had his own motivations, if you where in the

same place as him you would have no choice but do just that.

Doesn't turn him into a good guy, but shows that truth is relative, from the point

of view someone sees it; the world seems diferent because you can't see the

world through each others eyes

Interesting, but still doesn't tell me much - I think I have the motivation to complete the game now thanks.

1. Resident Evil 4 (GCN) - The best of a series that I regard as one of my most favorite. It provided improvements such as a revamped item management system and progressive level to level design (both which significantly cut down on backtracking), as well as a new weapons upgrading system, battle targeting system, interactive cutscenes, etc. It’s always a fun ride to follow a series’ evolution; sharing the adventure and making connections with its characters stretching from several games back. Hopefully Capcom continues it with a Resident Evil 5 version for the Nintendo Revolution.

2. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GCN) – Metal Gear Solid joins Resident Evil as one of two game series that, once introduced to, compelled me so seek out the rest of the main titles… if only Hideo Kojima and Konami made more attempts to share the experience outside the Playstation demographic (specifically to the Nintendo consoles). The story progression (and boy what a story) was always on the move and spaced well with the in-between gaming elements. The characters were a compelling mix. The boss encounters were abundant and were o-so deliciously good and diverse. The combination of a short play time packed full of storyline events, memorable characters, fast paced gameplay, etc. made for a “short and sweet†gaming experience that doesn’t get dragged by overly difficult challenges, unnecessarily long “leveling-up†fillers, or tediously dragged gameplay repetitions. Hopefully Nintendo gamers don’t get left out for more in the future.

3. Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN) - Perhaps it was the nostalgic inclusion of Nintendo characters or perhaps it had one of the most refreshing take on the fighting game genre in years, but this game is a wonderful product anyone can easily get into. From the simple control learning curve to the four-player mayhem, it’s a blast to share the experience with friends and family. Furthermore, it’s a useful encyclopedia for the history of Nintendo as a games designer and publisher. Hopefully other recognizable game developers and their characters can have a guest appearance in the future. If learning other companies’ rich heritage in trophy mode doesn’t interest, perhaps a Mario vs. Sonic battle event will.

4. Tales of Symphonia (GCN) – I’ve never played many RPGs in my life but Tales of Symphonia will definitely sit on top as one of my favorites. Progression in this game was excellent and story elements were sprinkled to great effect that it (almost) never felt like you waited hours just to get the next plot point. Also, if there’s anything I hate in RPGs, it’s random battle encounters. Thankfully this doesn’t have it and saving your game can be done just about anywhere. As for the battles itself, they were deep and fast paced. It was overall quite enjoyable. I can see why the Tales series is considered one of the best the in RPG realm.

5. Chrono Trigger (SNES) - Admittedly, I've only played this game about half way, and on a PC emulator at that, but I can already tell what many CT gamers who've finished it know. This game has characters you'll fall in love with. The battle system is one of my favorites with regards to RPGs. Random encounters are, again, thankfully not present, especially in the overworld. The story's compelling and the artwork is bright and colorful. I can't wait to download this on the Revolution, Square-Enix permitting.

I know descriptions weren’t necessary for all except the first game on the list, but I thought it wouldn’t do the rest of the games justice without saying something about why they’re part of my list of favorites. Having listed them, though, I can't help feel like I've left behind some other games that are dear to me for one reason or another. They may or may not have been consider critically acclaimed by critics, but they're special to me in small ways as only a child new to the scene would cherish long after he grows up. As such, I'm going to add another few names on the list. No worries, it’s just for fun, and besides, I never had that many games for the Nintendo systems I've had.

6. Jackal (NES) – I remember this as THE game that provided me with the most excitement and greatest satisfaction upon completion. I shared this game with my brother and we effortlessly took it on together. Let's just say I love co-op games and I'm not talking about games like capture the flag like in those FPS multiplayer games. When we finally beat it the first time it was high fives all around. Eventually we got so good at it that our coordination was automatic. What took laborious hours of continues and replays now only takes about half an hour or less to finish. It’s just one of those games (such as Contra, Rush and Attack, etc. which you can add as two other favorites of mine) that, once finished, becomes so satisfying you're just awashed with pride. It would be the first and last time I'd experience that momentous feeling in my gaming life.

7. Ninja Gaiden: Shadow (GB) – The only Ninja Gaiden game I’ve ever played was for the original Game Boy. It was a Japanese version too so I didn’t know the English title for it. Similar to how I remember the original Rockman series (aka Megaman), the music from this game is pretty much the cornerstone for which I remember this game. The music pushed me like I was watching an action movie. The combat is great and the boss battles too. It’s just another example of a “short and sweet†gaming experience.

8. Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES) – Never knew about it at all. I never even looked at game magazines. And to think it was a replacement for a game I didn’t like and boy it was surprisingly good. Again, I love co-op games (a rarity nowadays) and I played this with my brother too. Switching between two characters (and as such, between player 1 and 2) allowed for a shift between differently skilled players. If I wasn’t up to the challenged, my younger brother certainly could, and vice versa. I plan to get the DKC SNES trilogy on the Revolution too.

9. The Adventures of Batman and Robin (SNES) - I love the animated series and I love this game. It had every villain I could have ever hoped to go up against. The graphics were beautiful and did justice to the series and Bruce Timm's artwork. It's unfortunate that it wasn't co-op but it was fantastic nonetheless. I've always wanted a follow-up to this on modern consoles but the result weren't quite there (graphically, Batman Vengence wasn't that remarkable). I love to listening to Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill's Batman and Joker, respectively. Unfortunately, Batman: Rise of Sin Tsu is the only Batman game I have for the GCN which at least has impressive cutscenes of the animated series in 3D. Hopefully a Justice League game will come out with all of these and more before we're left with only "The Batman" series whose Batman and Joker voice cast just isn't the same from what I've grown to love.

10. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) – I’ve witnessed the evolution of Mario games for the NES and I must say, they stand so differently from each other you’ve just got to try them all. SMB3 is a remarkable advancement from the original Super Mario Bros. game. It provided a wealth of themes and challenges… not that I’ve ever managed to finish a Mario game in my life (except for Super Mario Sunshine but that wasn’t a challenge compared to platforming games of yesteryear). My brother did finish them though (i.e. 1, 2, 3, Super Mario World, and Super Mario Land) along with quite a few Megaman games too (another series I've never managed to complete a game from and one that I thought he'd finish all of given the chance).

11. Double Dragon 3 (Famicom) - This goes as another great co-op / beat-em-up game that I've loved going into with my brother and cousins. Nothing remarkable in the graphics department but a blast when two players cooperatively do cyclone kicks and jumping off each other. Kicking opponents in the abdomen, grabbing their heads and holding it there for prolonged periods of time never gets old.

12. Battle City (Famicom) – Not many people here might know this game judging from the queries of the game supposedly being included with Star Fox Assault. From level to level, you’d finish off tanks while defending your base, all within the borders of your television screen. Essentially enemy tanks (ranging from fast ones, to hulking big ones that take more than one hit to blow up) spawn from the top left, top right, and top center of the screen. The bottom is your base (basically an eagle emblem enclosed within a three sided brick wall). Beside it are the gamers’ spawn locations. Special glowing tanks, when shot, randomly create an icon on screen that will either provide increase tank fire power, temporary shielding, temporary metal walls for the base, etc. I recommend this game for those of you unfamiliar with it.

I’d love to reminisce more with other games like Bayou Billy, Duck Tales, Monsters In My Pocket, Rescue Rangers, and any other game I may be forgetting (which I'm sure I am). but I don’t wanna waste anymore of your time. Thank you for reading.

This is going to be a hard one, there are lots of really cool games, both named and unnamed (though most named here good choises everyone, some of them I had already fogotten.)

1. Super Smash Bros Melee: It's the best multiplayer game ever. No-one can go against the power of Ninty's beat-em-up. Not even that wannabe Shrek Superslam. There is just something to the simplicity of the game. People pick up a controller play SSBM and have fun you dont need much explanation and soon the button mashing (wich doesnt work) turns into real attacks. Great game and my nr 1.

2. The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask: Good Graphics even today and a great story.

3. Chrono Trigger: One of the most enticing games I've ever played. I love the FF games and would have placed FF 7 on 2nd if it wasnt for the fact that it's sony's console or the PC you have to play it on.

4. The Legend of Zelda Ocrina of time: What can I say about an almost perfect game?

5. The Legend of Zelda A link to the past: To me still the best zelda story, It was long and captivated. OOT and MM were great too but the story wasnt as good (advantage to MM and OOT is that the Graphics and 3d Worlds sucked you in there)

1.resident evil 4(gc)

2.ledgend of zelda ocarina of time(n64)

3.pokemon blue(gb)

4.kingdom hearts chain of memories(gba)

5.super smash bros melee(gc)

1) Terranigma

2) Zelda A Link to the Past

3) Super Metroid

4) Zelda Ocarina of Time

5) Super Mario All Stars

Terranigma was an experience like no other. I didn't think it possible for Quintet/Enix to do better than Illusion of Gaia, yet the sequel surpassed even Zelda, mainly thanks to its incredible (and moving) story as well as charismatic characters. But of course these elements alone wouldn't have brought it anywhere if the game didn't also feature excellent gameplay, combining action and puzzles just perfectly.

Additionally, it still has my all time favorite soundtrack (counting both games and movies)

A little note on Mario All Stars: I would have voted for Mario3, but I only consider it better than Mario World when allowing you to save and restart from any visited world, so...

Pity I couldn't fit Metroid Prime in there, but I see it's getting enough votes anyway.