NEurope
Stocka

Revolution-Europe's Top 50 Nintendo Games of all Time(VOTING CLOSED!)

1) Perfect Dark-

Goldeneye was good. This is better, bigger, shinier and more fun. The most accessible FPS I've ever played.

2) Ocarina of Time-

Nothing could have prepared me for stepping out into Hyrule field for the 1st time. Better than actually going outside. Still one of the best games ever.....

3) Super Mario Bros. 3-

We finally forgave Nintendo for the monster that was Mario 2. (Foolish) People are still paying 30 quid for this on the GBA.

4) Mario Kart DS-

Is it too early to list this? I don't think so. Almost perfect.

5) Tetris-(Gameboy)

Come on people. Why no votes for tetris :confused: The still undisputed champion of puzzle. And those catchy catchy in game tunes. Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee etc.

This is one heck of a difficult question,but well,let's get it on:

1.Tales Of Symphonia:This game simply has it all:Awesome graphics,Great Sound,Great Story,An awesome battle system that makes even rpg haters want to play it,and above all Awesome character developpement and 'player implication'.

It just feels good when the game doesn't progress in the same way according to your choices.Near Perfection IMO.*

2.Metroid Prime:This game simply rocks:Awesome Graphics,Awesome Sound,Awesome Atmosphere,and coming from someone who hates fps with a passion (although it isn't an fps in the true sense),that's a lot.

3.Super Smash Bros. Melee:This game has 'Multiplayer Fun' written all over it.And even better is that it doesn't s*ck in single-player mode.This game is simply awesome.

4.Pokemon Silver:The one rpg (or the one game for that matter) that shows that even in this 3D generation,a game can still kick lots of ass without having state-of-the -art graphics(heck,this game even had oldie graphics).Plus,the game itself really kicks ass,cause it's so much fun and so much deeper than at first glance.

5.Resident Evil 4:For a hater of surivival horrors like me (i hate them even more than fps,and that says something),this game really blowed me away.

It has the kind of atmosphere that really makes feel like you're IN the action,and not just playing.

Well,that leaves a lot of games out of my list,such as Metroid Fusion,Soul Calibur 2,Chrono Trigger,Golden Sun,Fire Emblem:The Sacred Stones and half a dozen other games i can't remember right now,but well...

Is it too late to vote?

1: Fire Emblem (Rekka no Ken)

Simply a brillant RPG/Stratagy game with memorable characters

2: Tales of Symphonia

One of the best RPGs I've ever played (Go Regal!)

3: Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga

One of Mario's best ever games

4: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

I loved the cell shaded graphics, the fighting system, and storyline

5: The Legend of Zelda: OOT

Everyone's already said why

Games I would include if it was a top 10 list

Paper Mario-One Thousand Year Door, Capcom vs SNK 2, Pokemon Sapahire Version, Super Smash Bros Melee, and Donkey Kong Counry

In my opinion the best 5 Nintendo games of all times are in order:

1) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME

the first 3d zelda and the best game of all times!

2) SUPER MARIO 64

the best 3d platform of all times.

3) SUPER MARIO WORLD

the best 2d platform of all times.

4) YOSHI'S ISLAND

the first 2d platform that used the SUPER FX 2 chip for mind blowing like 3d

effects, scale and rotation of sprites included.

5) SUPER MARIO KART

this snes game is still today the best of all mario kart games, to try

in order to believe.

1.- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time

Best game ever, I never enjoyed too much ALttP or LoZ, Link was like a Peter Pan clone to me, but the first time I touched OoT, I found that it wasn't another game, it was an entire experience, OoT was a gate to another entire world filled with magic, I was a kid starting my journey in order to grow into a brave and legendary hero, in a beautiful land of dream called Hyrule, it wasn't just another "pass level one and then two" game, it was a world, I just love OoT, I play it now and I feel it just as a low frame-rate game, but I will never forget the hapiness that OoT bringed to my life, Nintendo don't make jewels like this anymore, TWW was heartbreaking dissapointment (for my expectatives for a "next-gen Zelda game") so I have my fingers so crossed for TP, I'm happy that it's delayed.

2.- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

3.- Resident Evil 4

4.- Terranigma

5.- Perfect Dark

Ahhh, suddenly releasied I hadn't posted here, and the cut off date is tommorow!

Anyways

:idea:

1) Pokemon red (or blue)

Mainly becasue I was just in love with the whole pokemon thing and I was still young at the time so me getting red and my brother getting blue and each putting our sibling name as the rival trainer made it magical. Also trading and restarting in the beginning so I could have all 3 starter pokemon just like Ash... (although they bloddy always were disobeying me)

The catch em all thing was so great and I'd train up my favourites not the power houses so I had an un evolved squirtile in my l33t 4 battle becasue I thought Warototle was ugly and would spoil my group's carma. Another amazing bit was lurking around in the forest for hours just to find that elusive pikachu and then with my second play through, I caught 6 of them (took hours) and compared all their stats to see which one was naturally best stats wise.

Also fuelled my love for RPGs, who knows, if this game hadnt happend maybe I wouldn't be such a big RPG fan and would've never enjoyed the amazing RPGs available today.

2) The Legend OF Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

Loved this game as it took me so long to complete, I was never really avidly playing it but it was always there, and it seemed to last forever. The final moment in which you beat the boss (trying to avoid spoilers) and you think ahhh all over, flop the controller down, you instead have to peg it down and out of the castle. I was like :bouncy:

Truely beautiful for it's time, I remember my brother going on about how you could see this gaint castle in the distance and you slowly get nearer towards it and you can see more and more detail, and that were wasn't any pop up astounded me.

Also Epona was amazing, and the transformation of turning young link into adult was amazing also.

3)Resident Evil 4

Amazing game which I never get tired of playing through, just oh so fun. Love the sense of panic and fright it can give you, the minecart ride was also epic, with the chainsaw man hopping over into your bit of the mine.

4)Mystical Ninja Staring Goemon (the first N64 one)

Just love this game and the whole style of it. Look back with nothing over than loving memories.

5) Goldeneye

Fantastic in multiplayer, loved the speed runs to try and unlock cheats, loved the new objectives you got on 00 Agent. Just loved loved loved this game.

Playing as OddJob and everyone moaning are among many of the fabulous memories I have of this game.

Other games that deserve a mention and the just missed out are 1080 N64, WWF No Mercy, F-Zero N64, Majora Mask, Link To The Past, Link's Awakening, Smash Bros GC, and Mario Kart.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time -- THE BEST GAME EVER!

2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask -- Saving all those strangers made Link a true hero.

3. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker -- The closest a game has come to a cartoon.

4. Metroid Prime -- Being lost inside a planet I didn't know felt amazing.

5. Super Mario Sunshine -- Love the fun bright nature of this. The water element was amazing.

My top 5 games are:

1 - Super Mario Advance 3 (Yoshis Island) - trying to get 100% on every level still has me gripped to this game.

2 - Zelda II (The adventure of Link) - my first experience of Zelda.

3 - Super Mario World - still fantastic to play after all these years.

4 - Resident Evil 4 - This games is very satisfying - maybe its the shotguns shots to the head which explain it.

5 - Metroid Prime - a gripping adventure & truely unique.

1)The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past - Made the Zelda series thats is known today.

2)The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Brought the Zelda NCP to life and brought the classic feel of zelda to life into 3D.

3)The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Brought cartoon feel into the game and had a best boss fighting endding.

4)Resident Evil 4 - Capom brings new ideas & gameplay to the games series. Also new people to the series.

5)F-Zero GX - Sega made this as best racing game with hardcore gameplay.

Hope it's not too late. Just in the nick of time, i hope. :D

1. Perfect Dark- (N64)- Hands down, the best FPS i have ever played. The best damn FPS multiplayer there is to have on a console in my honest opinion. Do yourself a favour and get some mates and this brilliant game.

2. Eternal Darkness - (Gamecube)- It's a brilliant game that i've played through many times. It's been a while since i last played it, but it had me so gripped. Definitely the best game for the Gamecube.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time- (N64)- Probably the greatest game of all time, and it's one of the only games to have had me engrossed for a long period of time. Definitely a must have title.

4. Super Smash Bros. Melee- (Gamecube) This title still gets played by me, in multiplayer mainly. Nothing like thrashing your mates at a game like this.

5. Killer 7 - (Gamecube)- I love this game so much. The story is soooo deep it'll leave you thinking for weeks. It's one of the most memorable games that this generation has had, and it definitely deserves your attention.

Hope it's not too late. Just in the nick of time, i hope. :D

Nope not too late :smile:

The poll will be closed at 6:00pm today. A big thank you to everyone who has submitted their top five! The more people submitting the more accurate the top 50 will be, and I must admit there's been a lot more entries than I expected. Can't wait to count up to find out who comes where, although everyone knows who's 1st :heh:

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee - awesome multiplayer

2. The Legend Of Zelda : Wind Waker - i really like this game with great cel shaded graphics

3. Metroid Prime - short but sweet

4. Mario Kart DS - the best in the series and one of the best handheld games

5. Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - THE best Game Boy game i ever played

5. Super Smash Bros. Melee

The best multiplayer experience in the history of video games and will be hard to top.

4. Zelda: Wind Waker

Was a nice change and turned out well, some bits more than others though.

3. Super Mario 64

It was my first ever N64 game I played, and the first game I ever owned. (Although I played NES/SNES before). It was amazing, I used to spend hours just flying around Bob-omb Battlefield. Awesome.

2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time

A huge game, this was the biggest challenge in video games I had ever played upto that moment. The graphics blew me away, the size of Hyrule was humungous, and the temples were fiendishly hard and annoying. Wind Waker beats the game in graphics and fun, but Ocarina is in a league of its own when you put it all together. A tryly magical experience.

1. Pokemon Red/Blue

Where do I start? This was a foundation for RPG's for me. The huge craze that started it, the plushies, the tv series, the movies, the cards. It was phenominal, and this game started it all off. Future versions were "better" than Red/Blue, but this was where it all began. I can remember the first time I got my GBP and Pokemon Blue for my birthday, and traded with my best friend as soon as I got it. Loved all those moments, and the graphics were really good for the time, and they still bring a tear in my eye. I also remember playing it first, "Just keep clicking Hydro Pump" he told me, but I never knew the game would be as big as it was. It still holds up its own - even today. It was a birth of a legend.

7 mins left for people to vote if they haven't yet.

After 6:00 no more votes will count.

EDIT: POLL CLOSED. No more entries will count. Check the main site (http://www.revo-europe.com ) on January 8th to see the results!

And once again, thank you to everyone here who has sent your entries in :smile:

Here's my semi-generic "TEH BEST!!1!!" list:

1.Ocarina Of Time

2.Goldeneye

3.Pokemon Ruby

4.Tetris

5.F-Zero GX

Wish I had room for Pikmin and Viewtiful Joe :\

omg! Wish I'd had read the end of the thread before posting.

I missed the voting by half an hour or so. Damn.

|Hmmmm, I was thinking about this poll and shouldn't it be done at the end of the GC lifespan? I am of this opinion because most probably TP is going to come out and is almost guanteed, if what is said and seen of it so far is true, to rocket into at least everyones top 5.

|Hmmmm, I was thinking about this poll and shouldn't it be done at the end of the GC lifespan? I am of this opinion because most probably TP is going to come out and is almost guanteed, if what is said and seen of it so far is true, to rocket into at least everyones top 5.
I don't think so, this pool is for 2005 and the game isn't out yet, we can make that afterwards in year 2006 if it's to happen, we can't count on a game that is yet to come out as the best game ever; although some of us will :P but then again what about the zelda after zelda TP, on revolution? if we wait always for a new game to come out we'll never have a finished pool.

can one be a NINTENDO 3rd party game?

Aye, any game as long as it has been released on a Nintendo platform.

Who says this is the only time we'll be doing it :wink:

We'll probably do it again each year or two or so. Lets just see how it goes for now.

I will then collect them all and take care of the results table, and on JANUARY 8TH 2006 the Top 50 will be displayed on the main site. (http://www.revo-europe.com ).

*Waits for results*

I think we should do this poll again come the end of the GameCube era to see the favourites games on GC.