NEurope
Beast

Torchwood

Does anyone watch this? Did anyone see it yesterday? I thought it was quite good. I'm still a bit upset that Toshiko is dead though, she was awesome! :yay:

I hate John Barrowman, he is the definition of smug, so much so that the Oxford Dictionary uses him to describe it.

I might've given it a go if he wasn't in it.

nerver watched the first two series, but watched it yesterday and by god it's good. lucking forward to tonights episode

Have always enjoyed watching Torchwood and each season has it getting better

That was one hell of an episode. Brilliant cliffhanger even though you know they won't kill Jack in the first episode.

That said, maybe this is how he goes from Human to Head in a Jar

Ive always watched Torchwood but never thought it was brilliant. This limited run seems to be helping it though so far, looking forward to tonights.

It certainly was much better last night than it ever was before. Potentially because of a bigger BBC1 budget rather than a BBC3 budget. I was very impressed by last night's episode, keeps us going until Doctor Who!

Is anyone else not able to watch any BBC channels atm? it's been like this all day here, no BBC channels on any of the boxes... is this the same for all areas / boxes? I'm guessing it's related to the switchover...

Really sucks 'cos I wanted to watch Torchwood :/ hopefully it'll be up on the iPlayer I'm guessing.

Ah sucks... seems I gotta retune or some shit :/ meh sod it... *goes downstairs to watch eeeet*

I always thought Torchwood was awesome and I'm happy it's back. Children of Earth is keeping me gripped, it's brilliant. It's a shame it's only five days, I would have liked it to have been five weeks. It'd end too fast. :(

I'm absolutely loving this series, it's getting better and better. Can't believe the death at the end (are we allowed spoilers?). I was totally gripped all the way through tonight.

Can't believe the death at the end (are we allowed spoilers?)

Of course we are, so long as they are...

Yannnnnnnto!

:(

So that's what the school league tables are for. It all makes sense now! Excellent episode once again.

Poor Ianto - not watched any of the previous seasons (I want to now though!) so didn't know his character well, but his death still saddend me.

Is there going to be a fourth series, or are they axing the spin off show's due to T.Davies leaving and Moffat joining Doctor Who?

Edited by welsh_gamer

I wonder if:

This could end with them somehow traveling back to 1965 and stopping the first handover of kids. The 456 kept saying that they gave in the first time, maybe if they hadnt then they might have just given up.

I have to admit, as a teacher myself, I loved the league tables comment. :D

IS THE WHOLE OF TORCHWOOD GOING TO DIE TOMORROW? I mean, first it was Toshiko and Owen in what was one of the most saddest endings I've known on a show (I even cried a little), now Ianto? Is Gwen and Rhys going to die?

Fantastic episode though, had me gripped yet again. I can't wait for tomorrow's! I need season 1 and 2 on DVD!

Very dark, almost like a Holocaust film at times!

Bit of a rushed finale though and anti-climatix. We want the children so we can get high. Care to explain it a bit more? The finale's top set-piece - hiding in a shed?

Guess this is the end of Torchwood then, unless Gwen recruits a new team before the birth of her child and works from home.

Well as far as I know:

Cap'n Jack appears in the Doctor Who Xmas Special so its still possible the show will return, especially with the ratings its gotten this week

My only complaint from this would be I wanted more of a final confrontation with the 456, justice for Ianto and the children from 1965.

Can someone please help my memory out...was it revealed that the Face of Boa is Captain Jack?

Personally I loved the whole week. I love Torchwood and I really hope there is more to come.

Maybe Gwen will be in the Christmas special where it can be debated that enough time has passed and she has her child and Torchwood could be re-built. Is anyone else gutted about Yanto? I thought the Dr might of shown up but I was well off :L

really trying to keep all possible spoilers covered as anyone that is a Sci-fi fan I would recommend watching.

Edited by PeeJ

Can someone please help my memory out...was it revealed that the Face of Boa is Captain Jack?

"Not completely confirmed, but basically yes. After the doctor met the Face of Bo at the end of time (or something) he goes back to Cardiff, says bye to Jack and Jack says 'I had a nickname back at the academy on Bo, I was so pretty they used to call me the Face of Bo'. Then there was a 'no way, did he just say...' moment as Jack walked away. So... yeah he is."

I loved the finale of it. I thought it was unexpected when the 456 said 'we get high from the kids'. I'm glad they changed it, I was expecting them to say they live longer.

Jack's grandson's death was a bit....disturbing. Sad about Ianto still, can't believe they killed him off. I seriously believed they was going to kill Gwen off but I'm glad they didn't. That ending looked like it was the last we'd ever see of Torchwood, I hope not. Seriously had me gripped all the way through.

Thanks Nintendohnut I thought I was right.

I love the whole Dr Who and Torchwood universe and I really do hope for more Torchwood...s'pose we have to wait until Christmas then we have the special with Captain Jack.