NEurope
chairdriver

A Town With No Cheer

Day 5 is now over

Again, the gunsman hid amongst the crowd, and shot.

Tellyn is dead. He was a mafia goon.

Dyson

MadDog

Mundi

not_so_tiny

Zell

Night 5 begins now

Sorry for the delay.

Night 5 is now over

The town awoke to find the lawyer's body sprawled across the central fountain, blood seeping into the water.

MadDog is dead. He was a townie.

Day 6 begins now

Dyson

Mundi

not_so_tiny

Zell

I´m gonna be cocksure and say, I am one of the lover and that Zell is my counterpart.

I know this because Zell posted earlier that his lover should stay inside.

Zell can confirm that our power work in a way that we both send a pm to Chair about whether we want to stay in or go to the house of our lover.

If one of us stays in and the other comes over we are unkillable.

If one of us dies we both die.

Also to assure we are not a part of the mafia, there are 4 players left, we would have the majority vote.

Which leaves not_so_tiny and dyson.

I have an investigative power that lets me investigate people during the day and I get "wrong" results.

It told me that not_so_tiny is a townie and that Dyson is good.

I investigated Tellyn yesterday and it also said that he is good.

So my investigation makes things: Townies are townies and mafia appear good.

Vote: Dyson

Let´s end this.

Day 6 is now over

BLAM!

Dyson is dead. He was a mafia goon.

Night 6 begins now.

Night 6 is now over

No one died.

Day 7 begins now

I concur.

I'm also going to say that I'm the one that's been killing people during the day, and that Dyson is a dead man.

I'm guessing the mafia's been eradicated. After checking my role description, it doesn't actually state a win condition. So it might be something to do with the cult of red goose...

Day 7 is now over

The townsman pointed the gun at the traitor, and fired.

No_so_tiny is dead. He was town/mafia.

Mundi and Zell are winners! They were the lovers, and were both townies!

Congratulations!

The Roles

Sheriff – Nintendonut

You are the Sheriff of the town. Every night, you may target another player. You will go to their house and see if they are still in (ie. not carried out a night action) if they are still in, you will guard their house and prevent them from being killed.

You are a townie.

Lawyer – MadDog

You are the town lawyer. Every night, you may take up someone's case and investigate them. You will learn whether they are town or mafia. However, because you must stay true to their contract, if they are lynched the day after you choose to take up their case, you will be lynched in their place.

You are a townie.

His targets always appeared as mafia

Lover – Mundi

You are a law-abiding townie – so much so that you have taken up policework on the side. During the day phase, send me a PM to investigate another player. You will receive the results after you've had time to look over your notes, at the end of the day phase.

Also, you have a secret night-time lover. You met them at a masked ball, and fell madly in love. However, you don't know who they are... on the upside you DO know where they live. Every night, you may choose to stay at home, or visit your lover. Your lover will also have to make this choice. If both of you choose to visit each other, you'll meet in the street, and will be vulnerable to attack. If one of you chooses to visit their lover, and the other lover chooses to stay at home, you'll dine, wine and love together in the house of the lover who chose to stay at home – and with your combined strength, you'll be able to fight off a killer, protecting both of you. If both of you choose to stay at home – well, you'll have a boring night!

If your lover dies, you'll commit suicide.

You are a townie.

His target always appeared to be town

Lover – Zell

You are a townie. A townie who likes to get things done. You have a gun and you're not afraid to use it. Every day phase, you may stealthily kill another player. The town will be so shocked that no one will be lynched that day, and you'll sneak away without being seen. Bear in mind you only have 4 bullets, so use them wisely.

Also, you have a secret night-time lover. You met them at a masked ball, and fell madly in love. However, you don't know who they are... on the upside you DO know where they live. Every night, you may choose to stay at home, or visit your lover. Your lover will also have to make this choice. If both of you choose to visit each other, you'll meet in the street, and will be vulnerable to attack. If one of you chooses to visit their lover, and the other lover chooses to stay at home, you'll dine, wine and love together in the house of the lover who chose to stay at home – and with your combined strength, you'll be able to fight off a killer, protecting both of you. If both of you choose to stay at home – well, you'll have a boring night!

If your lover dies, you'll commit suicide.

You are a townie.

EEEEEEEEEvvill townie – jayseven

You are the EEEEEEEEvvvill townie. You scheme and plot and generally antagonise the rest of the town, but at heart you love the place and don't want to see people killed.

Every night, you may target another player. Their target will be randomised.

If you are investigated, you will appear evil (no matter the conditions). Because you love being the centre of attention with your malevolent charisma you can only vote when your vote would result in the lynching of another player (ie. you can only vote last)

You are a townie.

Fortune Teller - Cube

You are the Fortune Teller. Every night, you may read someone's fortune, and since you're somewhat of a conman, they'll always get the same result: “You must be very careful during the light of the next moon!â€

As a result, they'll be too cautious to leave their house (roleblocked) and will be extra careful to carry around a weapon (they'll kill the first person to target them that night).

You are neutral. You win when you have read the futures of all the remaining players.

Cop – Eenuh

You are a member of the town's police force. Every night, you may investigate another player. You will learn their alignment.

You are a townie.

Traitor Townie - not_so_tiny

You are nihilistic, and love seeing people die. As a result, you're gunning for the mafia. You know who the mafia are, but you cannot communicate with them. They are Ellmeister, Tellyn and Dyson. You must aid and abet them.

Once during the game, you may choose a townie (ie. NOT Ellmeister, Dyson or Tellyn) and you will join them in a mason group, and will be able to communicate with them outside the game thread. Neither your nor their alignment will change, so you'll have to pretend to be a townie to them!

You win when the mafia win.

Schizo Townie – Paj Meen Ah

You are a townie, but you're a bit mental. You must track down the other half of your personality, played by another player. They do not know you exist, even though you are them. They have been given a keyword and they don't know what it does. This keyword will help you find your other half. The keyword is essential.

Every night, you may target another player – if they are your other half, you'll protect them – and yourself (because if you die, you die and you are them, and they are you).

There is a town psychiatrist. They are looking for the keyword benign – hopefully they can cure you? Be careful though, there is a mafia psychiatrist too...

On odd days, you may not vote. On even days you may vote twice.

You are a townie.

PS. Are you the only one that noticed the bomb that will kill the player with the least posts...?

The Mafia – Ellmeister, Dyson & Tellyn

You are the mafia. Business matters and stuch demand that you kill all the members of the town.

You may communicate outside of the game thread.

Ellmeister is the Don. You can send one of your goons to make a night kill as per usual mafia rules. During the day phase, you may cancel one vote cast by PMing me.

Dyson and Tellyn are goons. You do what the Don tells you! Between you, once during the game in the night phase, you can target another player. You'll frame them; At the bottom of the write-up it will say “X's clothes are covered in blood.â€

The goon which isn't sent to make the nightkill can investigate another player. You'll learn if they have a power which allows them to gather information or not.

You are the mafia. You win when you dominate the town.

So who was Paj's partner? Those are some strange roles! Good ideas Chair, shame we couldn't do much =/ guess I was a shocking don :(

Good game!

I got really annoyed early on about how easily you guys convinced people to vote off townies, I think you must have got pretty close to winning at one point. I loved how everyone was an investigator, after a certain stage I just stopped bothering to listen to people's info and just go for mafiosos based on who they voted for.

Also, what was the cult of red goose all about?

Sadly I just couldn't do anything. I needed people to stay in for my power to work, so I just spent the few nights I was alive trying to protect people and failing.

I joined the Cult of the Red Goose in the hope that it would make the game more exciting for me, but in the end it didn't matter. It was a suicide cult. If you committed suicide and the town went on to win, you won. When one person committed suicide, everyone in the cult did. So you had to time it - if someone else did it before you, you had to commit suicide and then you lost. Ultimately it looked like only me and Tellyn were members though, so it didn't really matter.

I loved my power. Unfortunately, I wasted it on two nights because the people I targeted died (because they targeted the person I targeted the day before).

So who was Paj's partner?

He was insane - he didn't have a partner.

And the Cult Of The Red Goose was pretty much as Nintendohnut described it.

Zell had four bullets? That seems a bit unfair considering how short the game was.

Otherwise, it was a good game. I'm surprised I lasted as long as I did. :heh:

I attempted to activate the Cult of the Red Goose before I was shot, hoping that at least one other person would have been in the cult... I did have a sneaking suspicion that it was just me and Nintendohnut though.

Zell had four bullets? That seems a bit unfair considering how short the game was.

Not really, since townies with a kill ability invariably end up killing townies.

Also, he could have easily chosen to kill Mundi, and ended up killing himself.

In hindsight, I should have said that they couldn't mention they are lovers, then it would be more anonymous.