NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

We shall see. Still, it's going to be a looong agonising wait.

I don't get a stiffy like some people do at the thought of Yoshi in the game though, it's a bit meh. He was cool in Mario world, but seems far more suited to 2D I think.

________

Vapor genie vaporizer

Edited by Ronnie

I wondered why they left out Yoshi completely in Galaxy. Apart from nods in some areas, it felt like he should've been there in some capacity.

It'd be nice to see other support cast like Daisy who only ever seem to be in the side games.

I wondered why they left out Yoshi completely in Galaxy. Apart from nods in some areas, it felt like he should've been there in some capacity.

It'd be nice to see other support cast like Daisy who only ever seem to be in the side games.

They said Yoshi wasn't necessary because the Bee suit basically did the same as Yoshi's floating jump thing.

The best suit was the Ghost Mario one, but I think it was only used in one level :'(

I found most of the suits to be a bit pointless, as they were all used so little. I'd rather have fewer suits used more often in Galaxy 2. They can get rid of the spring suit for a start!

I never liked that bee suit.

ya I gotta say most of the suits controlled like crap..

the spring mario one is horrible.. that toy world was awful in general really :)

give us cape mario and I'll be happy.

Hmmm......I LOVED the spring suit :) In fact I loved pretty much everything in Galaxy! The flying mario was a particaulrly magical moment as I wasn't expecting it! NO game (well....since Mario 64) has induced such feelings of childish glee and wonder!!!

you know I still believe super mario sunshine did some things better than galaxy..

controls wise EVERYTHING worked in sunshine. There were those who said they were too complicated and maybe they were for some but mario had never felt better. Whereas inevitably he's a bit floatier in galaxy and since they got rid of the dive move.. a bit slower.

Also isle delfino plaza had little things.. you could grab a rope and use your water canon and swing in circles. you could water the floor in front of you and dive into a pineapple. The space station has better music but it's very empty.

Sunshine though lacked in levels. Besides a bit of bloom in galaxy though the graphics wern't MUCh better.Did you ever try look through mario in first person in galaxy? everything looks crap :)

Boo Mario... Awesome! Only because it's Boo, otherwise it was quite similar to the bee one.

I did love Isle Delfino, the main hub in Galaxy was pretty bad. Everything else about Galaxy though was wonderful and even though spring Mario was hard to control, it was actually loads of fun!

I don't get a stiffy like some people do at the thought of Yoshi in the game though, it's a bit meh. He was cool in Mario world, but seems far more suited to 2D I think.

I could live without Yoshi, but I love the idea of tongue-pointer controls.

I did love Isle Delfino, the main hub in Galaxy was pretty bad. Everything else about Galaxy though was wonderful and even though spring Mario was hard to control, it was actually loads of fun!

Yeah Id agree with that. I loved Isle Delfino and Sunshine in general. There was certainly much more to do there than the Hub in Galaxy. Maybe they'll include a more interactive hub in Galaxy 2.

Can't argue with the masses about spring mario, nifty idea but the implementation was ropey. Mind you if you're curled up in a giant spring I can't imagine it would be easy to move around in!

Loved bee mario and the fire/ice suits. Red star suit thingy was fun too but it didn't have the difficulty/grace of the feather cap from 64. Speaking of 64, it'd be good to see the metal cap again.

Btw, back to Galaxy for a second... did anyone else die a little inside at every attempt of the 'collect 100 purple coins' challenge in the toy galaxy.. the big Luigi figure with the disintegrating and rotating floor?

________

Comfort

Edited by Ronnie

Yeah Id agree with that. I loved Isle Delfino and Sunshine in general. There was certainly much more to do there than the Hub in Galaxy. Maybe they'll include a more interactive hub in Galaxy 2.

Can't argue with the masses about spring mario, nifty idea but the implementation was ropey. Mind you if you're curled up in a giant spring I can't imagine it would be easy to move around in!

Loved bee mario and the fire/ice suits. Red star suit thingy was fun too but it didn't have the difficulty/grace of the feather cap from 64. Speaking of 64, it'd be good to see the metal cap again.

Btw, back to Galaxy for a second... did anyone else die a little inside at every attempt of the 'collect 100 purple coins' challenge in the toy galaxy.. the big Luigi figure with the disintegrating and rotating floor?

It's always that bit which everyone calls up for being incredibly difficult, but I have to say I didn't find it that infuriating. I mean... I did at first when I kept dying... but once you get your head round the fact that there are way more than 100 coins up for grabs, and that you just have to keep moving and trust your long jump, then it's not that difficult at all.

It's always that bit which everyone calls up for being incredibly difficult, but I have to say I didn't find it that infuriating. I mean... I did at first when I kept dying... but once you get your head round the fact that there are way more than 100 coins up for grabs, and that you just have to keep moving and trust your long jump, then it's not that difficult at all.

Totally. It's one of those situations where once you figure out how to do it, it becomes easy.

The infuriating part was GETTING to that point!

________

Hash Honey Oil

Edited by Ronnie

^ You did have to plan a route though so that you didn't get 100 coins and then realised you'd got rid of the tiles leading back to the start square!

I'm not really fussed about Yoshi either, I'm still scepticle of him in 3D after his aweful implementation in Sunshine.

But I'd kinda like to see blue winged Yoshi appear to fly you between some planets etc...

Ice Mario was AWESOME!! I loved the skating, which actually had a bit of depth to it, spin jumps, skating backwards etc...

Fire Mario was great too, but yeah I'd agree the rest were a bit useless... that or they didn't get enough use to show what they could do.

I thought the worst was the Red Star flying suit, it seems so rigid and awkward when you were flying around, and there was quite a big build up to obtaining it, only for you to practically never ever use it!!

I agree I'd like to see a few more Mario characters appear.

I thought it was a missed opportunity that on Luigi's playthrough you still rescued Peach... what does she care about Luigi! and likewise him about Peach!

They should have replaced her with Daisy for the cutscenes, so that Luigi was rescueing his captured princess! Just little things like that would go along way and make a lot more sense!

The rotating Luigi level was the hardest level of Super Mario Galaxy.

I think I needed 13 tries to actually get it done.

In the beginning ones, I was just going like a madman and expecting to manage to do so.

Then, in one of those, I actually got all the coins, but then when I tried to go to the beginning, I was like: "..... FUCK"

Then, in the last ones, I just planned a good path and followed it.

I failed my long jumps some times, but when I finally did it, I almost cried from joy :')

The game is a little easy aside from that and some other levels, though.

I would agree that the Purple Coins on Luigi is probably one of the more difficult levels but to me the most frustrating part of the game was having to bomb the rubbish.. I hated that and hope it doesn't return for the sequel :heh:

?

That was easy, tbh.

I don't even remember being frustated with it.

I think I managed to do it at second try or something

I would agree that the Purple Coins on Luigi is probably one of the more difficult levels but to me the most frustrating part of the game was having to bomb the rubbish.. I hated that and hope it doesn't return for the sequel :heh:

Absolutely. Absolutely. The second of the two of those challenges was by far the longest period of time it took me to get one Star. They don't explode quickly enough, damnit!

It didn't give me any joy and I would always miss one or two and have to try again.. just thinking about it makes me angry :mad: The rest of the game was a pleasure though :yay:

Yeah the 2nd rubbish challenge was frustrating,

But the most infuriating level for me was the BoulderGhost 1 hit challenge. Think it took me by far the most number of goes.