Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Max Payne 3

ReZourceman

Well, I've been arm-twisted into getting this, so I'll be up for PS3 multiplayer action with folks from here, if anyone else is. Here's hoping I'm not epicly shit. I ordered from ShopTo yesterday, hopefully be here by tomorrow.

Played a little bit of the story so far, never played the previous two games but I don't feel like I've missed out on much tbh I get that the character is clearly scarred from his past and that's all that matters really as it's just there to provide an excuse for the explosive gameplay which is very enjoyable indeed.

Liking this a hell of a lot more than any of Rock Stars sandbox games. :D

Had a dominating session in Deathmatch yesterday. Had several people send me threatening messages, i take it they couldn't stand being shot consistently. I do like the ability to put bets on players for vengence or first to die in the round. I had a lot of them put on my head in each match.

Played a bit of single(upto halfway through chapter 3?) and a bit on multi, got a guy from work who basically convinced me to get it. One annoying thing, we seemed to have a lot of issues getting into a party together, then when playing never put together really. We never joined a crew admittedly, which brings me to my next point;

Anyone set up an N-Europe crew? Me and my work mate are PS3 but we'll both roll under an N-E crew if it exists.

Yeah I got it on 360 last Friday. Finished chapter one on the day of purchase, but haven't played anymore since.

It's good, but hasn't grabbed me completely for some reason, got a free weekend now so will hopefully finish it this weekend.

are people playing it with free aim or assisted? I'm playing on Medium difficulty with slightly assisted aim and still finding it surprisingly difficult.

I don't like that on some occasions (so far on chapter one anyway) there have what seemed to be like unlimited enemies.

in Chapter one, in the football stadium, I'm going through the seats, being covered by my Brazilian friend, and one part I'm hiding behind a wall, take few people out, proceed forward, then another crowd of about 5 guys come out, so take cover, try to proceed further forward, another 5 guys come out.... It felt like I was at one part of the stadium for about 20 minutes taking guys out, running past them to get their ammo, backtracking to take cover as another small army of people come out.

I do like it, it looks fantastic, and It does feel like you're playing in a movie, but what i've mentioned in the spoiler, that annoys me.

Is it possible to just join? Via the social club website it seems to only have the option to request an invite.

It seems that way, sent a request out.

Also, noticed people are using Golden Guns. Very nice, got myself one now.

Edited by Jimbob

It seems that way, sent a request out.

Also, noticed people are using Golden Guns. Very nice, got myself one now.

Do they offer any benefit, or just there to show off? I assume that's what the bits in single are for.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished this game. Was ok, but has some serious flaws which have caused some major frustration and pad throwing antics. The sprint button is pointless as Max goes from slow to just as slow when you press it. Also, when you get a last man standing sequence and your attacker is behind a pillar = inevitable death.

And in order to get an achievement, I switched the difficulty to easy and forgot about it for a couple of chapters. I then switched back to normal. Is there any way I can see which levels I've beaten on normal, as I can't find anything.

This'll be traded in this weekend - not even gonna bother with multiplayer.