NEurope
canand

GDC 2009

Exactly what i've been thinking. You could transfer some VC games from the Wii to DSi, or link your DSi and Wii account so you can download them straight to the Wii and DSi.

Or at the very least, make the NES/SNES games that got released on the GBA, like a Link to the Past free to download on the DS VC since you've purchsed them.

Yeh.. like a Shop Channel that can be accessed via Wii or DS- that would be fantastic! Obviously the DS would have a problem with N64 games so those could be Wii only but it should be able to easily handle anything else currently on the Virtual Console.

I would imagine it would have to work with a joint account as transferring games directly from the Wii to DS would be less secure.. it would be more likely that you could access the same shop channel from your DSi, see the games you have already purchased and be able to download them again on your handheld :heh:

And Ramar, it starts at 4pm UK time according to IGN :smile:

Got a source for the 4pm? I've been hearing 4 and 5 and dunno what one it is :heh:

ign said 9am PST. The latest gdc update on ign said 07:54 PST which was 14:54 our time

Yeh.. like a Shop Channel that can be accessed via Wii or DS- that would be fantastic! Obviously the DS would have a problem with N64 games so those could be Wii only but it should be able to easily handle anything else currently on the Virtual Console.

I would imagine it would have to work with a joint account as transferring games directly from the Wii to DS would be less secure.. it would be more likely that you could access the same shop channel from your DSi, see the games you have already purchased and be able to download them again on your handheld :heh:

And Ramar, it starts at 4pm UK time according to IGN :smile:

Yeah. Maybe when you access the DSiWare shop, you can link it to you're NoE account so both the Wii and DS are linked together with the same account, then all the details from your Wii VC, could be on the DS one when you connect, see the games you've purchased, then download pre-N64 games.

That would be awesome if you could do that, though that might be a bit of a high expectation :heh:

Is there any live video streaming for this conference? Or is there just a blog?

Yeah. Maybe when you access the DSiWare shop, you can link it to you're NoE account so both the Wii and DS are linked together with the same account, then all the details from your Wii VC, could be on the DS one when you connect, see the games you've purchased, then download pre-N64 games.

That would be awesome if you could do that, though that might be a bit of a high expectation :heh:

In all honesty, it seems so obvious that it shouldn't really be high expectations.. but with Nintendo, you know it is :heh:

Even if that idea was the 'storage solution', I would be happy enough.. VC games on the go is something I have wanted for a long time so I will be hoping for it to happen in the near future if possible :smile:

If it were to happen, the DSi becomes a much more tempting prospect : peace:

In all honesty, it seems so obvious that it shouldn't really be high expectations.. but with Nintendo, you know it is :heh:

Even if that idea was the 'storage solution', I would be happy enough.. VC games on the go is something I have wanted for a long time so I will be hoping for it to happen in the near future if possible :smile:

If it were to happen, the DSi becomes a much more tempting prospect : peace:

For some reason, over the past couple of days i've been strangely hyped for the DSi, even though I don't want one too much. Cause it's the new console hype. But if they added this feature, it would be so much more appealing and would be a great feature to have. I want to play Super Metroid and A Link to the Past on the go and would be so good if this was a feature. Makes the DSi much more tempting.

I hope they can do something like this. Something this simple could go a long way.

Got a source for the 4pm? I've been hearing 4 and 5 and dunno what one it is :heh:

I normally view, or rather read these things on Eurogamer since it auto updates and they've got it down as 4.

Thanks, seen that over in IGN now aswell. Well, that knowing it's an hour earlier makes the wait that much easier :heh:

For some reason, over the past couple of days i've been strangely hyped for the DSi, even though I don't want one too much. Cause it's the new console hype. But if they added this feature, it would be so much more appealing and would be a great feature to have. I want to play Super Metroid and A Link to the Past on the go and would be so good if this was a feature. Makes the DSi much more tempting.

I hope they can do something like this. Something this simple could go a long way.

Definitely.. it has both of us interested at least :heh: ..thats an extra £300, Nintendo :heh:

My main problem with the DSi is that my DSlite is the console I play all by GBA games on and if I wanted a DSi, it would probably be at the expense of my poor lite.. and that's something I just can't see myself parting with :hmm:

As it is, the DSi will probably be out of reach for a few years.. but as it currently stands I have no intention of ever getting one :eek: ..the inclusion of VC on the go would change all that : peace:

As for the conference, I'll be driving very soon so will not be at a computer for a couple of hours.. this means I'll need to be informed of anything major via text :heh: (are you listening, darksnowman : peace:)

Edited by nekunando

Definitely.. it has both of us interested at least :heh: ..thats an extra £300, Nintendo :heh:

My main problem with the DSi is that my DSlite is the console I play all by GBA games on and if I wanted a DSi, it would probably be at the expense of my poor lite.. and that's something I just can't see myself parting with :hmm:

As it is, the DSi will probably be out of reach for a few years.. but as it currently stands I have no intention of ever getting one :eek: ..the inclusion of VC on the go would change all that : peace:

Yeah, would easily turn a few heads. More features like this the better. If something that like got announced at the conference then i'd probably go and pre-order a DSi tomorrow. Let's hope they can do this. My fingers will be crossed for this :heh:

And I just read this at the link C Falcon gave there:

But we don't care about that; speculation is rife that Iwata has a stable of Wii titles to unveil, including projects by the Mario and Zelda teams. We heard from Nintendo last E3 that both teams were hard at work.

Now I can't help but feel a bit excited :/

Just remember guys - this speech is being given at a conference for game developers. It's not a hardware/videogame unveilathon designed to give you orgasm after orgasm.</Spoilsport>

Yeah, would easily turn a few heads. More features like this the better. If something that like got announced at the conference then i'd probably go and pre-order a DSi tomorrow. Let's hope they can do this. My fingers will be crossed for this :heh:

And I just read this at the link C Falcon gave there:

My excitement has started to build out of nowhere.. I didn't really think about GDC too much until a few hours ago :eek:

If I were to eventually get a DSi, I think I'd like to wait for some cool colours to arrive instead of going with the standard black or white this time..

And me! I honestly had no interest in the DSi, but the quality of the downloads makes all the difference. I agree with ShadowV7, I'd love it to be able to play SNES games, as Super Metroid was never adapted for GBA, and the 2D Metroids fit handhelds like a glove.

This is probably no help, but I find the Game Boy Micro the best machine to play GBA games.

Speculation is rife because sites post lines line that and everybody gets unnecessarily excited. If something gets announced, they'll be the first to claim they knew something was going on, and if it doesn't, they be first to blame the others for starting the hype.

And I'm sure the Mario and Zelda teams are always hard at work as well.

And though that might seem a dig at that particular site, it applies to them all. I actually rather like Eurogamer - it's always the second site I visit when turning my computer, on after this one.

And me! I honestly had no interest in the DSi, but the quality of the downloads makes all the difference. I agree with ShadowV7, I'd love it to be able to play SNES games, as Super Metroid was never adapted for GBA, and the 2D Metroids fit handhelds like a glove.

This is probably no help, but I find the Game Boy Micro the best machine to play GBA games.

If I were to go from DSlite to DSi, I would likely go with a sleek little Micro for the GBA games I own : peace:

Having said that, I would have to make the change to DSi soon while GAME have the £75 trade in for the DSlite when buying a DSi.. but I don't want either of the colours available! I'll just wait and see what happens over the next couple of months/years :heh:

Speculation is rife because sites post lines line that and everybody gets unnecessarily excited. If something gets announced, they'll be the first to claim they knew something was going on, and if it doesn't, they be first to blame the others for starting the hype.

Yep. If a Nintendo boss's speech is being blogged, there's no stopping the hype-train.

I'm picturing an audience filled with up-and-coming game developers with notebooks getting exasperated at Satoru for revealing a plethora of new titles and not telling them anything about how to make games.

Having said that, I would have to make the change to DSi soon while GAME have the £75 trade in for the DSlite when buying a DSi.. but I don't want either of the colours available! I'll just wait and see what happens over the next couple of months/years :heh:

I'm in exactly the same position. I won't buy one until there's guaranteed to be some good downloadable games (like SNES games, Four Swords or anything really great), but I do want to take advantage of the offer. I don't like the colours either, but I might be swayed to get a white one. Shame we never get blue ones at launch.

Eurogamer's updates have started...

We've managed to get a nice spot in the front row, just a dozen seats across from Reggie Fils-Aime. He's not doing anything exciting. Perhaps he's just quietly taking names in his head.