Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Youtube bans UK users from music videos

Jimbob

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't really come up across any blocked music video's until today, where about half of the video's I had saved as favorites can no longer be watched and pretty much any music video from the 80's or 90's that I try to find is blocked too. However I've been using this;

http://unblockyoutubeproxy.com/

Just copy and past the url of the blocked video on their page and you can watch it right away.

Edited by Helmsly

• 2 weeks later...
http://tech.uk.msn.com/news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=15342651

It seems now the matter is going further. Youtube have now blocked every single music video unofficial and all.

Alas, Google and MSN Video sites shall suffice me now.

Seriously? Where'd you get that from? I hope it wasn't that article cos that article didn't say that, and I can STILL find music videos on youtube that I can watch!

Seriously? Where'd you get that from? I hope it wasn't that article cos that article didn't say that, and I can STILL find music videos on youtube that I can watch!

Which videos can you see, most if not all of the ones i have on favorites i cannot watch at all.

Ok, Live recorded stuff works still atm. Not sure if Youtube will block these as well.

When i say "unofficial" videos, i mean music videos that feature the song of the artist and are published by non-music companies.

Hmm, maybe it's going through a systematic crackdown. I just youtubed Mercy by Duffy(I got such a mental block to search for vids i actually want lol, and my friend had been going on about that) and got the actual vid up, most of the related links were just other vids what worked, Akon's Right Now is working fine etc. Not found any usermade videos just using songs for a soundtrack yet, maybe it's just songs from the WB label and I haven't come across any yet.

Hmm, maybe it's going through a systematic crackdown. I just youtubed Mercy by Duffy(I got such a mental block to search for vids i actually want lol, and my friend had been going on about that) and got the actual vid up, most of the related links were just other vids what worked, Akon's Right Now is working fine etc. Not found any usermade videos just using songs for a soundtrack yet, maybe it's just songs from the WB label and I haven't come across any yet.

I'll take a look at some of them videos, see if they still work later on or something.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!