N-Europe

Persona 4

Choze

persona-4.jpg

p4contest.jpg

Took its time but its now here! :p

draft_lens2333298module13107514photo_1229691986normal_Persona_4_995.jpg

persona_4_review.jpg

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4, known in Japan as Persona 4 (ペルソナ4 ,Perusona 4?), is a console role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for Sony's PlayStation 2, and chronologically the sixth installment in the Persona series. Persona 4 was released in Japan in July 2008, North America in December 2008, and expected to be released in Europe by the second quarter of 2009.[3]

Instead of the city locales of previous games in the series, Persona 4 takes place in a fictional Japanese countryside. It features a weather forecast system with events happening on foggy days to replace the moon phase system (with events happening on full moons in Persona 3) implemented in the previous games. Its story is a suspenseful countryside murder mystery with multiple twists and turns in the plot. The North American package of the game was released with a CD with selected music from the game, and, unlike with Persona 3, the European package will also contain a soundtrack CD.

Edited by Choze

FES adds another chapter ("The Answer"), which is said to have 30 hours of gameplay, a new difficulty (hard), some new personas (don't know how much), costumesm, social links and quests in the original chapter. And there's a new "weapon fusion system" (or whatever it is called).

Hm, still need to finish Persona 3 FES, which should take some time ._. But I'm tempted to buy Persona 4 just because it's relatively cheap at Amazon (30€).

I need a good long rpg to sink sometime into. My last rpg was tales of symphonia. How is the battle system. The battle system and the story is all I care about.

Buy Persona 3, the story in P3 is better then that in P4 IMO

and the gameplay is almost the same in both games.

but if you can....buy both :D

I need a good long rpg to sink sometime into. My last rpg was tales of symphonia. How is the battle system. The battle system and the story is all I care about.

I'm not far into the story, yet, so I can't say much about it.

Battles are turn based.

In battle you only control the main character. The others act mostly freely, but you can give them several commands like "assign target" or "support. If you found weaknesses of enemies your allies will try to exploit them.

Aside from attacking with your weapon you also have skills.

Your skills are set by the Persona you have "equipped". These skills include the whole bunch of skills in RPGs (magic, physical attacks, supportskills).

Personas set your stats and weaknesses, as well.

Of course, items are usable, too.

I think in Persona 4 you are able to controll every character in battle completely.

Buy Persona 3, the story in P3 is better then that in P4 IMO

and the gameplay is almost the same in both games.

but if you can....buy both :D

I prefer 4s story to be honest. Just so damn awesome, it's like a murder mystery :D

Persona 3 FES is a Remix version of the original Persona 3, so more missions, weapon creation and the like. You also get Answers, which is what the FES add on was by itself. This is a 30 hour new story that follows on from Persona 3. You need the FES edition for the complete story.

I prefer 4s story to be honest. Just so damn awesome, it's like a murder mystery :D

Both are fantastic games, the story, the fighting (Well...dying once and that's it, is at most times fucking anoying >_> ) the characters and world you play in is all fantastic, makes me wonder what Persona 5 will be like. (Although, it can wait, too many other shin megami tensei games I still need to get through :heh: )

I brought this today, havn't played it yet. I looking very forward to playing this game. I know fuck all about it as well, which could be a good or a bad thing.

I havn't played a good long rpg for awhile. :D

Its just excellent. Give it abit at the start it basically introduces you to all the conventions, main characters and settings. I really like it so far. A good improvement over Persona 3 which i did not even finish despite spending so much time on it lol. Great series.

You played madwrld yet Choze?

Not yet. Stuck into Persona 4 right now even just had some food. Might try Madworld in abit. I seem to be swinging into completely different genres this week, lol.

I have to say Domstercool is right so far. Its great.