NEurope
Ellmeister

Festivals 2009

Only want to watch 5 or 6 bands but thats cool because il just spend most of my time at the lockup tent or just get pissed :D

The lineup this year definitely isn't for me. Like one band I'd want to see, Funeral for a Friend.

The lineup this year definitely isn't for me. Like one band I'd want to see, Funeral for a Friend.

Their new album is shocking. Used to be a band I wanted to see, now I don't think so. I like the line up this year personally!

I haven't been to Reading in years now (last time was 06) :sad: i always seem to end up doing stuff bank holiday weekend.

What is going on with the prices the last few years?? the first time i went to Reading it cost £85 for the weekend (i think that was in 02) its now £70 for the day???

Oh well, the lineup looks alright so far. would be pissed off if i was The Prodigy though.....playing under the arctic monkeys :o

Their new album is shocking. Used to be a band I wanted to see, now I don't think so. I like the line up this year personally!

I went to see FFAF last week. As rubbish as their two most recent albums were, they played like 4 songs from them max. All the rest was from CDADIC or Hours.

ahaha, this is interesting. Faith No More have accidently self confirmed themselves for Reading Festival. So much for Download exclusivity :D

We ordered 5 tickets by mistake, so we sold 1 to a friend and dont know about the other leeds fest ticket.

So to bump an old topic Download is coming up some and I just found out today that I am in fact going. Kinda excited since I've never been to a festival before although I have 1 slight concern which is I would only want to see about 4 bands.

Anyone else going? Anybody been before? Anyone suggest some bands that are playing that I should check out when I go?

Anybody else go to Glastonbury this weekend?

Fucking awesome my socks where well any truly rocked off. Neil Young was absolutely incredible seriously like best live performance I've ever seen.

The Boss was the Boss, even over running the curfew by 10 minutes and getting Eavis a 3 grand fine :awesome:

Blur also pretty good, Coxon was on fire with the guitar.

Saw lots of other stuff as well, main highlights, the specials, madness and la roux.

So awesome

Coxon's always on fire, you should see him play solo! The guy was freakin retuning his guitar mid-solo last time i saw him (pretty impressive to watch, his right hand was constantly bouncing between the tuning heads and the frets). Can't wait to see Blur on Friday! :D

Neil Young looked like it twas great from what i saw on TV. Same goes for Springstien. Heard it was his first UK festival or sommat like that, incredible that the old fart hasn't played before :p

I found out today that there's a local festival called I Spit On Your Rave. I want to go for the name alone.

But its £140 so ain't happening.

Glastonbury was absolutely fucking amazing. Took 16 hours to get there and it pissed it down a bit but it was soo worth it.

Highlights: Brothers bar, Blur, Madness, Specials, The Boss coming on for a Gaslight Anthem song. So many more that i cant remember right now. Best fest ever surely

I was suprised when i was told you went there.

Although i didnt hear Aaron right the first time and assumed he was talking about a window factory.

How come you were surprised? :confused:

I had no idea you were going.

I asked where you were, nd it turned out you were at one of the UKs biggest festivals lol.

Download was awesome.

I want to go to sonisphere, which download also run, its got a really good line-up but it's another £160..£160 which I don't have.

I had no idea you were going.

I asked where you were, nd it turned out you were at one of the UKs biggest festivals lol.

Haha. You out tomorrow?

Download was awesome.

I want to go to sonisphere, which download also run, its got a really good line-up but it's another £160..£160 which I don't have.

You sure Download run Sonisphere? Pretty sure they person that started download runs Sonisphere but has nothing to do with download now. Could be wrong though.

You sure Download run Sonisphere? Pretty sure they person that started download runs Sonisphere but has nothing to do with download now. Could be wrong though.

I think so, its either that or what you said. Bleh, same thing!

Haha. You out tomorrow?

Going to party :)

Ill ask if you can come if you want.

No im alright cheers man. Iv said il go to town and theres everyone going out pretty much. You should come if its partys boring (Y)

Cant wait for Leeds fest now!

Someone got any tips on what i need to take?

Erm, A tent, wellies definitely, last year was boggy to fuck and anyone with shoes on didn't stand a chance.

A hat, sun cream, yes it all sounds gay, but you'll be crying like a girl when your sunburnt and have to go to the medical tent.

A lighter, to light a fire. plenty of food, plenty of cash, dont go taking a tenner saying you'll do all your eating and drinking in the camping area, number one that makes you a tight arse and number two, once your in the arena side of things, your mates will buy food and your mates will buy drink again leading you to cry like a girl coz you only took a tenner and cant afford it:kiss:

found a flyer for a mini festival in Sheffield last night. Erol Alkan, Little Boots, Four Tet and Mogwai + a fuck load of DJs I've not heard of. Shall be attending oh yus.