NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Pit-Jr

Pat Morita waxes off

I know, I know, another obituary but this guy is a legend, just look at him!

LOS ANGELES - Actor Pat Morita, whose portrayal of the wise and dry-witted Mr. Miyagi in "The Karate Kid" earned him an Oscar nomination, has died. He was 73.

1303984385.jpg

That is actually a bit upsetting to me, The Karate Kid formed an intergral part of my journey through childhood. Those who haven't tried a crane kick during a fight can't really call themselves real men.

If you liked the movie then you need the song "You're The Best" by Bill Conti, it's featured in the film during the tournament, and it's fantastic. If you're having trouble finding it feel free to MSN me, and I'll point you in the right direction! ;) (I'll send it to you illegally!)

+1 Rep for the thread title.

:(

He was awesome. I suggest everyone go download the music video to 'Movies' by Alien Ant Farm to see him re-take to role of Mr. Miyagi.

This guy was a legend. i loved all the karate kid films and will miss him :(

i loved all the karate kid films

Even "The Next Karate Kid" (Karate Kid four)? But.. two wasn't great and neither was three but in four the kid is a girl! I mean a girl doing karate?

Thanks for the heads up on this. I agree the guy was awesome in the Karate Kid movies. What a great set of films they were despite the 4th being pretty shoddy.

I wouldnt care I just watched Mulan yesterday and was wondering what happened to him. Now I know..... :sad:

EDIT: Bowser I totally agree that song is amazing it always gets me hyped up when hes fighting. I downloaded it ages ago to put on a movie compilation I made.

Owww, that's really sad. I really love that dude, Gremlins, Karate Kid.. super super films. Which character was he in Mulan? The guy in charge of China? I never kenw he was in it. -cries-

Gremlins, Karate Kid.. super super films.

No doubt, but he wasn't in Gremlins you loon.

No doubt, but he wasn't in Gremlins you loon.

WAs he not? I thought he was the old man... oh well, maybe it was just that I watched them both in the same day. It's still sad...

NOOOO! The coolest old dude on the planet is gone! Man this sucks. R.I.P may you always be remembered.

:(

I had the opportunity to meet him at a nerd fair.. I wish I did now. He was a legend.

Rest in peace Mr Miyagi.

Everyone should watch Karate Kid 4 - Miyagi does comedy! Really i know a Daniel-less Karate Kid is not ideal but there really are some classic moments in this and it's really worth it just to see the Miyagi preformance.

I'm so sad he has died. R.I.P Pat Morita.

Sign in to follow this