NEurope
david.dakota

Excitebots: Trick Racing

I just don't think "bots" are saleable- a really, really poor choice of vehicle in my opinion. They're just silly and unappealing IMO.

Its actually typical of Nintendo, at times they're so desperate to be different, they make really stupid choices.

We all wanted Excite Truck 2 or Excitebike Wii- but wait, its been done by Sony, so just to be different Nintendo slap in some crazy "bots" and screw yet another loved franchise.

While I think the 'bots' element is lets face it, pretty gay. It seems that alot of the praise coming out of America is directed towards the little critters, especially the personality they seem to posess. I for one am sure it will provide an intersting gameplay dynamic and I strongly believe that "Excitebots" will have the ability to sell more than excitebike 2 or excitetruck 2 simply because of the heightened casual appeal. Sure it's not what purists may have wanted but after hearing so much praise about the gameplay and depth, I don't care what I'm racing in as long as it provides a good experience that takes the excite truck formula and expands on it. Plus in a wierd way it's like Stunt Racer FX Deluxe Wii edition, and that's just purely cool.

It's not as though ExciteTruck was a massive seller either, so ExciteBots is probably gonna perform just fine.

I think the choice of bots seems more...Nintendo to me. It's different, and it just seems a lot more unique than just your regular vehicles. This is basically taking all the best core parts of ExciteTruck and is expanding on that. I'm a huge fan of ExciteTruck, and I'm looking forward to this.

And, you mention that "all" gamers wanted the trucks, which isn't really true. How many people have come around to the idea of the bots through the progression of this thread? The game got written off at the start as some sort of mini-game fest, but personally I think this will be a huge improvement over its predecessor. Of course, if you don't like it, you're not forced to buy it.

I just don't think "bots" are saleable- a really, really poor choice of vehicle in my opinion. They're just silly and unappealing IMO.

We all wanted Excite Truck 2 or Excitebike Wii- but wait, its been done by Sony, so just to be different Nintendo slap in some crazy "bots" and screw yet another loved franchise.

I have to agree with Flinky in that using Bots does give it a Nintendo look rather than the usual generic looking racer, not that Excite Truck was bad looking though.

The game got great reviews all around yet it sells poorly, it doesn't make any sense at all. All of these so called core gamers are shouting out for a decent game to play but when one comes around they refuse to buy it. Klonoa has also sold very badly, apparently only 1000 units and that got good reviews aswell! If these people won't buy a game because of the kiddy/cartoony looks then quite simply they ain't as core as they think they are!

I have to agree with Flinky in that using Bots does give it a Nintendo look rather than the usual generic looking racer, not that Excite Truck was bad looking though.

The game got great reviews all around yet it sells poorly, it doesn't make any sense at all. All of these so called core gamers are shouting out for a decent game to play but when one comes around they refuse to buy it. Klonoa has also sold very badly, apparently only 1000 units and that got good reviews aswell! If these people won't buy a game because of the kiddy/cartoony looks then quite simply they ain't as core as they think they are!

Yeah, I think I said something about a "lazy gamer" theory a while back, where people will show some interest in games but then won't go ahead and purchase them.

Like I said again in Wii general discussion, too many people play it safe and only buy games that they definitely know will see them through. This is why Nintendo games always do well on Nintendo consoles - you know what you're getting. We know Zelda is always going to be great, as is Mario, or Mario Kart. How many people bought Mario Kart Wii after Double Dash and 64? But, when it's a lesser known game, very few gamers actually risk it.

While I think the 'bots' element is lets face it, pretty gay

Watch out, Jonathan Ross is about ;)

Plus in a wierd way it's like Stunt Racer FX Deluxe Wii edition, and that's just purely cool.

I think this is a design that far more "Nintendo" than cooky, silly Animal Robots. I loved Stunt Race (although, at the speed it ran we're justified in suing Nintendo under trade descriptions). Everything put into Excitebots could've been reskinned as cartoon cars. Everytime i think of animal robots i really do cringe. The whole animal 'bot thing doesn't work for me at all.

Of course, if you don't like it, you're not forced to buy it.

And of course, i won't. And neither will you without a euro release date.

Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots.

We know Zelda is always going to be great, as is Mario, or Mario Kart. How many people bought Mario Kart Wii after Double Dash and 64? But, when it's a lesser known game, very few gamers actually risk it.

But this is the same for all new IPs, across all platforms, isn't it?

And of course, i won't. And neither will you without a euro release date.

Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots. Animal Robots.

Come on now, isn't that a bit childish?

It'll be a late release I think and I doubt NoE are in a hurry to get it out, since ExciteTrucks didn't sell by the bucketload. It's not going to make them super rich, but a lot of effort has clearly gone into this, so I'm not particularly worried at this time about no release date.

This post made no sense. I am playing WiiSports Tennis.

Wii’s Excitebots Sells Just 13,000 In The U.S.

The Nintendo-published game launched in the latter half of NPD’s retail calendar on April 20, so the game has yet to reach even a full month of availability on store shelves. (NPD's retail calendar for April ended on May 2.)

But the amount of units sold is still low, considering the popularity of the game’s predecessor, Excite Truck, the strong reviews, and the buzz amongst the press and hardcore fans.

NPD said the game wasn’t even able to crack the top 100 games by unit sales during the month of April.

What the fuck is wrong with Wii Owners? All they do is bitch about the casual games but never seem to be anything esle!!

Come on now, isn't that a bit childish?

Imagine me rocking back and forth muttering 'Animal Robots' with a crazed look im my eye. This 'Bot thing is just something I can't seem to get past- its nothing to do with the quality, effort or even staying in a 'safe zone'; it simply does not gel with me (i'd apologise for mocking too, but come on- Animal Robots?!). It simply doesn't appeal- so much so that i feel i must ridicule it.

What the fuck is wrong with Wii Owners? All they do is bitch about the casual games but never seem to be anything esle!!

Exactly. Pretty much what I said further up.

I wonder how many Wii owners pass up the likes of Little Kings Story ( again the game is simply FANTASTIC ) purely because of the art style used....idiots! It seems that if I game doesn't have some form of blood N guts, while having the main character as a meat head, most gamers just don't want to know about it.

Exactly. Pretty much what I said further up.

I wonder how many Wii owners pass up the likes of Little Kings Story ( again the game is simply FANTASTIC ) purely because of the art style used....idiots! It seems that if I game doesn't have some form of blood N guts, while having the main character as a meat head, most gamers just don't want to know about it.

To be honest, I think this frustration is totally justified, but 90% of the Wii Board regulars are pretty on-the-ball and buy these games most of the times. Try posting that on the Other Consoles board where many of the members do have Wiis, but have seemed to forgotten about that little fact and in some cases just descend into the inaccurate view that "Well.... no good games on Wii". I hope that is the case anyway, and that people aren't just too shallow to like anything apart from a generic, bald space marine game.

It seems that if I game doesn't have some form of blood N guts, while having the main character as a meat head, most gamers just don't want to know about it.

Brown? Its gotta be brown too, any primary colours instantly make gamers eyes bleed.

That's not Wii owners, that's trolls. Every "hardcore" with a Wii now pirates the games, all that's left is the casual consumer which is already the majority.

Bad news from GoNintendo:

Here’s yet another reason for European gamers to get upset. It sounds like a release of Excitebots in Europe may never happen. Nintendo has said that there are no specific plans right now, but they didn’t confirm that the game would never see release. Basically, Nintendo reps in Germany are being very quiet on the situation. Let’s hope this is just Nintendo holding their cards close, instead of a denied release.

Hope it's not true - I'm really looking forward to this.

Nintendo can go to hell if this is the case. What's the deal with them doing region exclusive games? Just give the world what they want....games!!!!

I can't be bothered getting a Wii and having to faff around with Twilight Princess and the Hombrew stuff just to play the main game I want.

NGamer gave this 68% in the latest issue.

I do have a feeling that this might be Nintendo of America 'reacting' to the Disaster situation.

They may just spontaneously announce one day that it's out the following week...

All of this sounds a shame. I've been out of the "gaming loop" for the past few months but this was one game that did seem appealing despite not being keen on the bots aspect.