NEurope
Tellyn

Tiger Woods 2010 - MotionPlus Confirmed!

This is getting high marks across the board. Even Eurogamer gave it a good score (A-).

Last years title was brilliant. Still quite easy but played a near 1:1 game of golf with only the putting taking some real time to battle against and master. This years version looks to be a brilliant tweaking of 09 with MORE! added courses and true 1:1.

The online tournaments/forecast channel integration sound good (although that would make it ALWAYS rain here!) and the fact that this has 1:1 and 11 more courses than the PS3/360 versions is a huge selling point.

Looks like THE golf game to own.

Looks like THE golf game to own.

I agree that this is probably true but after playing Mario Golf on the N64 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 on the Gamecube to death I almost became sick of playing golf games as they started to become boring :hmm:

Wii Motion Plus should certainly make the experience interesting again but I may find that I am perfectly content with the golf in Wii Sports Resort for a quick game as I was happier to play golf in the original Wii Sports ahead of the 2007 and 2008 versions of Tiger Woods on Wii (which were only owned briefly)

I almost find that there is too much content in the Tiger Woods games and that I could no longer dedicate that level of time to this type of game that I could perhaps of done a few years ago when I had less games.. but I do understand that for people who have the time and love golf, Tiger Woods 10 would be superb value for money and no doubt a great experience that could be played for years.

If I somehow need more golf after Wii Sports Resort, I can see this being the perfect game to buy.. but at the moment I don't see myself investing.. I still play golf on Wii Sports from time to time :yay:

I agree that this is probably true but after playing Mario Golf on the N64 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 on the Gamecube to death I almost became sick of playing golf games as they started to become boring :hmm:

Wii Motion Plus should certainly make the experience interesting again but I may find that I am perfectly content with the golf in Wii Sports Resort for a quick game as I was happier to play golf in the original Wii Sports ahead of the 2007 and 2008 versions of Tiger Woods on Wii (which were only owned briefly)

I almost find that there is too much content in the Tiger Woods games and that I could no longer dedicate that level of time to this type of game that I could perhaps of done a few years ago when I had less games.. but I do understand that for people who have the time and love golf, Tiger Woods 10 would be superb value for money and no doubt a great experience that could be played for years.

If I somehow need more golf after Wii Sports Resort, I can see this being the perfect game to buy.. but at the moment I don't see myself investing.. I still play golf on Wii Sports from time to time :yay:

I definitely see where your coming from. I must have put thousands of hours into 2003 on the GC and everything since has felt very samey. However, last years title was a thing of beauty as the controls hinted at what could be the most immersive golfing game EVER. That is enough to convince me to invest in Tiger all over again. Throw in a ton of new courses (as well as the very good 2009 courses) and this could be the last Woods game I ever need to buy.

And yes, I still play Wii Sports Golf. It's a thing of beauty. But far too short.

11 more courses than the PS3/360 versions is a huge selling point.

What!? That is Amazing! Congratulations EA for being a set of Wii loving hippies :):bowdown:

In all fairness, they'll probably get them on PS360 but I bet they'll have to pay for the privilage in DLC. So it's still win-win for the Wii gamer.

The only thing that will stop me getting this at launch is the fact that I'm getting Grand Slam Tennis on Fri and then The Conduit is out just a week before this. And... I STILL need to get Little King's Story.

Too many games, so little time and money!

Yeah, but you NEED this to get the 2nd wiimotionplus for two player grand slam tennis :D

I must say, EA are doing a fantastic job with their sports games this summer. I've got Grand Slam in the post, and I think I'm going to preorder this too! :D

Yeah, but you NEED this to get the 2nd wiimotionplus for two player grand slam tennis :D

I haven't even got a second Wii remote and nunchuck! Only a few gamecube pads!

Plus, for me at least, The Conduit > any EA sports title!

I haven't even got a second Wii remote and nunchuck! Only a few gamecube pads!

Plus, for me at least, The Conduit > any EA sports title!

I'm the same actually... I really need to get an extra one soon. With the all these multiplayer gems coming up, I can't afford not to!

By the way, NGamer have been posting about the Conduit on their Twitter. They're only on with the single-player at the moment, but they say their early criticisms stand... it seems they don't really rate it. But that's a matter for another thread!

I'm the same actually... I really need to get an extra one soon. With the all these multiplayer gems coming up, I can't afford not to!

You make it sound like the Wii didn't launch with a multiplayer gem! :o

You make it sound like the Wii didn't launch with a multiplayer gem! :o

I put myself in debt just to get a Wii and Twilight Princess, an extra Wii Remote was out of the question. :heh: I made do with pass-the-Remote games of bowling and golf.

does anyone agree with me when i say that the wiimotion plus without the condom (attachted to the wiiremote) it more ugly then taking it out of the rubber?

without the rubber i feel the remove button(s), and i kinda think that it will irritate me on the long run.

Marcel, time will tell. When the rest of us have our hands on impressions.

This has been getting some brilliant reviews all around now. I'm really looking forward to this and GST.

Gamesradar Review

G4 Review (Video Review)

One Life Gamer Review

1up Review

Seems like this is en route to becoming one of the highest rated sports title of all time! :o

Edited by tapedeck

Gametrailers Review

With MotionPlus - 9.0

Without MotionPlus - 7.0

Looks REALLY good!

Anyone getting this this week? I've preordered, hope it gets here on Thursday as I'm out all day friday and saturday.

This game has never been that popular on these boards. The game is meant to be incredible, so I hope theres a few of us who pick it up and get some online action going.

Does anyone know if Disk Golf online?

I did get Woods '09 and I would normally pick this up without hesitation. However, I think I'm going to pass this year. I'm simply having too much fun with Grand Slam Tennis (hasn't left my Wii since release) so don't see myself playing this very much. Especially since The Conduit is out the following week and I'm definitely getting that.

Anyone getting this this week? I've preordered, hope it gets here on Thursday as I'm out all day friday and saturday.

This game has never been that popular on these boards. The game is meant to be incredible, so I hope theres a few of us who pick it up and get some online action going.

Does anyone know if Disk Golf online?

Disk Golf isn't available online. Just about the only thing this title doesn't offer. Sooo many modes by the looks of it!

Tiger came today. Delayed me going to work... Disk Golf is as good as everyone says!!

is the pal version compatible with 480 p?

thanks

I don't see it on the back of the dvd box, if that is so then it's been 4 iterations without it being supported.

Edited by The-Ironflame

Doesn't look like it 560i the game put itself in when I booted it up. The game has to save SOMETHING for next years iteration....love you EA!!!!!

PS Game is incredible!!

My copy of Tiger Woods came a day early in the post from Game. They are good for something!

I got the additional wii motion plus. I already had one with Grand Slam Tennis.

So far it's really good. The controls feel great, pretty one to one swing action. I got an Eagle on my first hole. Seems really fun, and I've only done an 18 hole quick play.

Graphics are better than I thought. The course looks very lush. Character models could be better though.

Loads of options and modes that I haven't played with yet.

Very impressed.

I got an Eagle on my first hole.

Good to see that EA have addressed the difficulty level this year. [/sarcasm]

No matter how good the controls/game may be, it becomes no fun when you can constantly shoot a 52 around Sawgrass or wherever. I think I actually kept last years version for all of a month before boredom set in so I won't be making that mistake again.