NEurope
Slaggis

Boys and Girls Alone

Did anyone else watch the first part of this? It's fascinating watching how the kids manage to live on their own, and the differences between the two genders and the way they adapt.

Basically a group of kids aged 8-11 have been sent to live on their own in a house (one for girls and one for boys) for two weeks, with CCTV cameras present allowing the parents to watch what's happening.

I'm constantly shouting different sociological terms at the tv, because of the stuff I've learnt doing As/A2 Sociology. It's amazing the experiment was allowed to take place in the first place, with all the ethical issues that are involved and what not.

Anyone else looking forward to the second part? (There's four parts in total)

When and where, sounds awesome. :)not in that way.

I was about to type my place, half an hour...and then I saw the white text. I'll cry myself to sleep.

Channel 4. Watch on 4OD now...you can watch episode one :)

--

It's so fascinating watching the kids form "gangs", especially the girls. Girls are so mean! Boys just tend to play a lot, and then moan about not being able to cook, but the girls are about to kill each other, I swear.

In episode 2, it looks as though some of them start smoking. Why the parents allow them to do this, I don't know. But I'm not complaining, because it's such a useful study concerning child development.

isn't that....child abuse? :heh:

The amount of people saying it is ridiculous. It's effectively what happens in schools because teachers can't and don't really do fuck all. Parents worrying ''Oh but it's so cruel'' grow up. We all did fighting and stuff, we went to the park and scrapped all the time!

Not watching it regardless. I hate kids.

I thought it was hilarious.

Especially when they started squirting boiling hot water on each other.

And that kid put cold water in his pot noodle.

Did anyone else watch the first part of this? It's fascinating watching how the kids manage to live on their own, and the differences between the two genders and the way they adapt.

Basically a group of kids aged 8-11 have been sent to live on their own in a house (one for girls and one for boys) for two weeks, with CCTV cameras present allowing the parents to watch what's happening.

I'm constantly shouting different sociological terms at the tv, because of the stuff I've learnt doing As/A2 Sociology. It's amazing the experiment was allowed to take place in the first place, with all the ethical issues that are involved and what not.

Anyone else looking forward to the second part? (There's four parts in total)

Didn't they do this years ago with one house and the experiment was stopped after few days because they were going to kill a bird or something?

The amount of people saying it is ridiculous. It's effectively what happens in schools because teachers can't and don't really do fuck all. Parents worrying ''Oh but it's so cruel'' grow up. We all did fighting and stuff, we went to the park and scrapped all the time!

Not watching it regardless. I hate kids.

:o What school did you go to? I saw some of this program and it's completely stupid. Children aren't developed so they don't know how to deal with situations, and all we learn from these program is that very poignant fact. It's basically like watching those 'sensitive freak show' programs - we all pretend that we're learning something incredibly enlightening from the program, when all we're doing is having a good nosey at a load of kids being cocks on camera.

Are they in the same or seperate houses? Definitely gonna try and catch this at some point, sounds fascinating! I swear I saw something like this a few years back, but it was teenagers in the same house like, all I remember is one girl giving someone a proper bitchslap, and someone scrubbing all the stick off of a nonstick pan when they were cleaning it, that was a bit lols.

Think I read about this in the paper or online, I seem to remember parents deciding to call it quits because of bullying issues.