Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Yakuza 3

Choze

For the record, it's the bystanders that just walk along. Your oppenents just stand there, bleeding and being miserable. Usually give you some yen as an apology.

Actually, the demo didn't set me alight for some strange reason. It actally made me doubt wether it'd be worth it. It was, evidently, but there's something off with the demo and I can't see what.

Strangeness all around!!

If you want my advice: it's worth it, but you already figured that out. A rental if you're not sure. It is an acquired taste, but if you enjoyed Yakuza 1 or 2, you can't go wrong here. It's the best of the three by far.

Edited by Strange Cookie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debuted at #24 in the UK weekly charts according to Chart-Track.

That's not too shabby for a title that was expected to bomb in the West. Not too shabby indeed!

I can't believe haw funny this game is from time to time. From the steel determination on Kazuma's face when starting to fish, to the excitement and speed-uo animation when he had a revelation (which are very funny too) and writing about in on his blog.

I love games which on one hand can be very serious and down to earth, but still can take itself not too seriously from time to time.

Gotta love those classic Sega Blue Skies and bright colours!

Never played a yakuza game before, picked this up yesterday. Just been wondering around Okinawa so far, should get allot better once I get into the city

Chapter 4 is when it picks up with lots of sidestories. Quite fun to do.

• 2 months later...

That's an absolute bargain! I played this from about 11 until 2:30 in the morning yesterday and just had another three hour session. I hardly ever play games for over an hour.

I'm not really sure what it is about it though. The fighting and levelling up is fun but it's more than that. People yap on about a new Shenmue but Yakuza pretty much fills that space as far as I'm concerned. Kazuma kicks ass,

• 2 weeks later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!