NEurope

That's why I assumed it might be taking a while to finalize the regulations. to give those who want to start on it less time.

wave.gif

Red Bull have said neither of their teams RB or STR will enter a two tier F1

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75248

Think it's safe to say the Budget Cap situation is gonna change!

Lol i'd love it if every team left F1 to form a new racing series...apart from Force India who go on to become the most successful team, EVER!

Ferrari look serious...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75263

Ferrari board to discuss F1 future

Ferrari's board of directors will discuss the Italian squad's future in Formula 1 tomorrow, the team announced on Monday.

Amid growing tension between the teams and the FIA over the introduction of a budget cap for 2010, Ferrari said in a statement on Monday its board will analyse the current situation and its future involvement in F1.

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo and FIA president Max Mosley have been at loggerheads over the introduction of the budget cap, which the Italian reckons could damage the sport.

Mosley said earlier this month that Formula 1 could survive without Ferrari, the only team who has competed in every championship since 1950.

LOVE how Mosley's effectively telling Ferrari to just go then if they've got a problem with it, but then Everyone else just basically tells him he can fuck off instead!...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8039037.stm

F1 drivers stand behind Ferrari

Formula 1 drivers have hit back at FIA chief Max Mosley's claims that the sport could live without Ferrari.

The FIA, which governs F1, announced a £40m budget cap for teams from 2010, aspects of which Ferrari labelled as "fundamentally unfair".

World champion Lewis Hamilton said he "could not imagine" F1 without Ferrari while Renault's Fernando Alonso said it was "impossible" for it to happen.

Mosley said Ferrari would have to obey the new rules or leave the sport.

However, BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld was left bemused by Mosley's comments.

"It was a bit strange hearing that from him," he said.

"I thought that people were looking and listening to the fans worldwide and Ferrari is obviously the biggest name in F1 with many supporters and has been there since the very beginning, so they belong in F1 for sure."

Force India's Italian driver Giancarlo Fisichella added: "Without Ferrari I don't think it would be Formula 1 anymore."

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo, who heads the Formula 1 Teams Association (Fota), wrote to Mosley last week to express concerns about the cost cap which he said could lead to a two-tier F1.

Fota issued a statement after a meeting in London on Wednesday calling for talks with the FIA about the 2010 regulations.

BMW-Sauber team boss Mario Theissen said it was important not to "destroy" the mix of manufacturer teams and independent teams.

"What has made Formula 1 so strong is that there are teams with a great heritage, which have been around for many years and in the case of Ferrari for 60 years, teams who have contributed a lot to where we are now," he said.

"I think the current mix of manufacturer teams and independent teams is quite a healthy one. We should be careful not to destroy this."

Looked at a few articles on the Barrichello affair, there is a lot of slagging him off going on in those comment boxes.

Barrichello made his bed when he traded any chances of winning the Championship for cash and signed a contract to come 2nd to Schumacher for many years, which a real racing driver would never do. Any so-called 'driver' who contractually agrees to do this is not fit to be in F1. His friend Senna would've disowned him for it and no doubt has been spinning in his grave ever since.

It's hard to believe someone with Barrichello's experience would think they could strong-arm Ross Brawn, especially right now. Rubens must be exceptionally stupid.

Being a fan of Rubens, these comments hurt me a little as well.

He didn't sign to be second driver did he?

Anyways he deserves it more than Jenson, smug git who's gotten extremely lucky with what's happened to Honda/Brawn, because no other team was gonna take him after the stunt he pulled with his Williams contract.

Then why would he quit Ferrari before his contract expired for not getting to race Shumacher? I don't buy that he joined Ferrari just support Shumachers winning ambitions.

Good for them I say!

A two-tier championship wouldn't be F1, as nearly the teams and drivers are saying.

They'd made the bold move, now watch Mosley come running!

F1 without Ferrari... I don't think so!

Here's more of what Ferrari had to say...

and it seems Toyota and Red Bull definately wont submit 2010 entries either...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75277

Ferrari threatens to leave F1 in 2010

Ferrari has confirmed that it will not enter next year's world championship unless plans for a voluntary £40 million budget cap are changed.

Although the team had expressed private reservations about the rule changes and governing processes for 2010, it finally went public with its intentions in a statement issued following a board meeting at Maranello on Tuesday afternoon.

"The same rules for all teams, stability of regulations, the continuity of the FOTA's endeavours to methodically and progressively reduce costs, and governance of Formula 1 are the priorities for the future," said the statement.

"If these indispensable principles are not respected and if the regulations adopted for 2010 will not change, then Ferrari does not intend to enter its cars in the next Formula 1 world championship. "

Entries for the 2010 world championship close on May 29, with Toyota and Red Bull's two F1 teams having already announced in public that they will not enter if the rules remain unchanged.

It is thought likely that the other manufacturer teams will also join a 'boycott' of lodging an entry by the deadline - with only the current independents Brawn GP, Williams and Force India outfits set to apply.

As with other teams, Ferrari's main cause of concern is the possibility of a two-tier F1 - which would come into force should some teams adopt to run under budget cap restrictions next year while others choose unrestricted finances.

Regarding the FIA's World Motor Sport Council meeting on April 29 that ratified the 2010 regulations, the Ferrari statement said: "Although this meeting was originally called only to examine a disciplinary matter, the decisions taken mean that, for the first time ever in Formula 1, the 2010 season will see the introduction of two different sets of regulations based on arbitrary technical rules and economic parameters.

"The Board considers that if this is the regulatory framework for Formula 1 in the future, then the reasons underlying Ferrari's uninterrupted participation in the world championship over the last 60 years – the only constructor to have taken part ever since its inception in 1950 – would come to a close."

Although Ferrari is totally opposed to a two-tier F1 system, and has questioned whether or not it is possible for a £40 million budget cap to be introduced next year, the Italian outfit is also concerned about governance of the sport.

As well as being unhappy about the way the rules were pushed through last year, Ferrari thinks there has not been enough consultation with the teams.

"The Board also expressed its disappointment about the methods adopted by the FIA in taking decisions of such a serious nature and its refusal to effectively reach an understanding with constructors and teams," added the statement.

"The rules of governance that have contributed to the development of Formula 1 over the last 25 years have been disregarded, as have the binding contractual obligations between Ferrari and the FIA itself regarding the stability of the regulations."

In light of the developments regarding next year's entry, Ferrari said its president Luca di Montezemolo had been told to look at alternative activities for the racing team.

"Ferrari trusts that its many fans worldwide will understand that this difficult decision is coherent with the Scuderia's approach to motor sport and to Formula 1 in particular, always seeking to promote its sporting and technical values," said the statement.

"The Chairman of the Board of Directors was mandated to evaluate the most suitable ways and methods to protect the company's interests."

Despite Ferrari's strong stance, the FIA said earlier today that it was optimistic a solution to the matter could be found soon. Di Montezemolo is expected to meet with FIA president Max Mosley in the next few days to discuss the situation.

lol at a F1 with Brawn, Williams, Force India and the newbies! Edited by Retro_Link

Yup Ferrari, Red Bull and Toyota all out.

New FOTA racing organisation on the way?

And yes Retro, Rubens did sign a contract to be number 2 driver. There's an interview on youtube when he's asked why he let Schumacher past in Austria 2002 and he says 'It's in the contract'.

Yup Ferrari, Red Bull and Toyota all out.

New FOTA racing organisation on the way?

Do hope so. Funny how days after Ferrari open their new flagship store, they leave the bloody sport..

Do hope so. Funny how days after Ferrari open their new flagship store, they leave the bloody sport..
They're only leaving if the budget cap stuff isn't changed.

But personally I'd like to see a break away series work; especially because FOTA seem considerate of all the great classic tracks! and are willing to listen to the fans.

I think it's funny how the FIA said it would listen to fans and there was that survey sent out at the end of last season which they said they'd consult and yet they aren't listening to fans in the slightest!

@ Goron, oh ok... that was a bit stupid of him!

In other news,

Bernie willing to give Donnington a year...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75265

SIL-VER-STONE!!!! you little git!

Edited by Retro_Link

I'm so happy someone is standing up against Bernie and Max. Seriously they've fucked the sport up loyally these last few years.

I honestly wish FOTA formed a breakaway away series and dumped tracks like China, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Singapore (unless they make some drastic changes to it) and Valencia, and bring back Imola, A1GP, the South African track, Suzuka (why not have suzuka AND Fuji on the calender instead of switching them around) and most importantly KEEP SILVERSTONE.

It's not just the rules, some of the tracks are horrific :(

I'm so happy someone is standing up against Bernie and Max. Seriously they've fucked the sport up loyally these last few years.

I honestly wish FOTA formed a breakaway away series and dumped tracks like China, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Singapore (unless they make some drastic changes to it) and Valencia, and bring back Imola, A1GP, the South African track, Suzuka (why not have suzuka AND Fuji on the calender instead of switching them around) and most importantly KEEP SILVERSTONE.

It's not just the rules, some of the tracks are horrific :(

Yeah some are truely aweful and a complete waste of space!

I really don't like the way the sports heading and it really seems to me as though the FIA has completely lost the plot.

- Crap new tracks and countries that don't really give a damn [other than for money], whilst the great and true historic tracks are in danger; that's Bernie's fault

- KERS, yes it's quite exciting atm with a few teams using it; but in 2010 when it's compulsory how can it possibly work? There are only certain places it can be used on the tracks, so when all cars have it and press the button at the same time = stalemate!

Can the FIA not see this? If anything maybe they should do something like, the four teams that finish at the bottom of the constructors championship can use it next season, or something like that... kinda like a reverse grid situation.

- Budget Cap, two sets of rules... seriously wtf!!

I'd imagine F1 is confusing enough to many spectators with KERS this year, some cars with/without it, hard & soft tyre compounds, big gaps between tyre performance etc... let alone having completely different cars on the grid!!

Oh and something that's really annoying me atm...

Get rid of the Green Stripes! They're almost impossible to see at times!!

Edited by Retro_Link

It's gonna be even worse with India and South Korea getting tracks in the future...

F1 is my favourite sport but it's being run by a bunch of assholes. Seriously, a 2 tier system is stupid. I really don't think i'm going to even bother watching it next year unless the rule changes.

I'm losing interest by the race atm :(

It's just getting really shit. and looks like it will be even worse next season.

And Valencia is 2 races time :(:(:(

I'm losing interest by the race atm :(

It's just getting really shit. and looks like it will be even worse next season.

After Valencia it's going to be pretty epic though, some great tracks after that. Beginning of the season was brilliant aswell. Monaco should be alright..

Don't worry things aren't quite that bad!

May 24 Monaco

June 7 Turkey

June 21 Great Britain

July 12 Germany

July 26 Hungary

Aug 23 Europe (Valencia)

Actually after the snore-fest of Monaco we have one of the best race pairing on the calender with Turkey and Silverstone!!

But Hungary and Valencia... urghh...

Hopefully KERS may actually help Hungary as there are some good straights, especially the main straight. But don't think anything can save Valencia!

Huh?

Well i just got owned, i though Valencia was after Monaco :S

Well Silverstone rocks, and Istanbul is good. So not bad, Spa is probaly my favourite track :)

Spa is probaly my favourite track :)
Hell yeah!

The good thing is the best tracks are yet to come...

Turkey, Silverstone, Spa, Monza, Singapore [more for the spectacle], Suzuka and Brazil.

Real shame there's no Canada this year!

and despite what people say, I was actually beginning like the French GP... it was a racers circuit at least!

Edited by Retro_Link