NEurope

I actually think that they would have an incredibly hard time putting together their own championship. As far as I'm aware they wouldn't be able to race at any track that has an FIA sanctioned race on it' date=' they need to sort out TV coverage and a whole host of other things. I really think that they need F1 more than it needs them. I'll certainly be watching no matter what.

It will be absolutely hilarious if they publish the teams list for next year and it's full of names noone has ever heard of.[/quote']

That said can you imagine a championship without tracks like Valencia, Bahrain, Hungary and tracks with i dunno, Montreal and that lot back? Would be brilliant. If a breakaway series is formed, I've got money on Nakajima to be a triple world champion :heh:

Haha yeah maybe it wouldn't be all bad... I would worry about the quality of track they'd be racing on though. Its going to be a very interesting couple of weeks.

:cry: I'd miss Spa.

On the plus side like Goron said, we'd likely get Silverstone, Canada, Indy/American tracks, A1 Ring etc...

And then there are a fair few tracks who struggle to meet Bernies money demands like Fuji, and we might get Old Hockenheim back as it was Bernie who wanted that changed to fit in with advertising or something wasn't it?

Plus a load of the current test tracks are pretty decent.

A championship without Hungary or Valencia sounds ace. More so if they bring back Montreal and Silverstone.

:cry: I'd miss Spa.

On the plus side like Goron said, we'd likely get Silverstone, Canada, Indy/American tracks, A1 Ring etc...

And then there are a fair few tracks who struggle to meet Bernies money demands like Fuji, and we might get Old Hockenheim back as it was Bernie who wanted that changed to fit in with advertising or something wasn't it?

Plus a load of the current test tracks are pretty decent.

The old Hockenheim doesn't exist anymore. The tarmac has been dug up and it's been re-planted as part of the forest. :cry:

The old Hockenheim doesn't exist anymore. The tarmac has been dug up and it's been re-planted as part of the forest. :cry:
WHAT!!!!...

I thought it was just there behind the fences, kept as a reminder like they've done with the banking at Monza.

Oh how I hate you Bernie!

Right interesting couple of practise sessions, can honestly say I have NO idea who's going to qualify where :/

That said, seems like a good start to predicting qualifying results :) After qualifying we'll predict race postions. Think it'd be a good idea to start awarding points to those who predict it well, seems like a good game to me atleast!

I suggest we pick 8 drivers to come in the points (not their positions). For every driver you predict correctly (for both race and qualy), you get points of equal value to that position (so if i put massa as one of my 8 drivers and he qualifies 1st but finishes 3rd, I would recieve 16 points).

Also, if you predict the winner of the race, you get 3 bonus points.

If you predict who finishes 1st and 2nd, you get 6 bonus points.

If you predict who gets on podium, you get 10 points.

That said, if you correctly pick who comes second and 3rd but NOT the race winner you get nothing :)

Sound good? I'll go first, my 8 drivers to watch are:

-Massa, Kimi, Jenson, Rubens, Lewis, Vettel, Fernando, Glock.

I predict the race will finish: Vettel, Massa, Rubens.

Yeah Practice revealed no clues...

- Do you still get 10 if you get all three on the podium but not in order?

- And what if you get 1st and 3rd, but not second.

- Should we have 1 of randon thing we guess on each week?...

Number of retirements/collisions/spins/barrier crashes/safety cars/Piquet incidents/will Force India finish in points etc...

- Or we could always guess the number of retirements/finishers, and then have another random one.

8 Drivers:

Jenson, Rubens, Kimi, Massa, Vettel, Webber, Trulli, Hamilton.

Race Prediction:

Jenson, Kimi, Rubens.

Bonus Prediction:

5 Charges.

Edited by Retro_Link

- Do you still get 10 if you get all three on the podium but not in order?

- And what if you get 1st and 3rd, but not second.

Yeah Practice revealed no clues, but still...

8 Drivers:

Jenson, Rubens, Kimi, Massa, Vettel, Webber, Trulli, Hamilton.

Race Prediction:

Jenson, Kimi, Rubens.

Kimi to beat massa? haha you wish mate ;)

No points if you guess 1st and 3rd right, needs to be all 3. and Na, they need to be in order. could get complicated otherwise.

I suggest Retro keeps score cos he's on the boards more often than I am ;) Hopefully the other F1 regulars will pop onto the board and leave their predictions before qualifying, like Emerald etc. Maybe I should message them..

Kimi to beat massa? haha you wish mate ;)
Doesn't matter if we don't get the winner right!

It's an outside shot, was gonna put Massa given his record but...

Kimi won in '05 so he's good here, First year for him the Ferrari hasn't been understeery; it's more oversteery which he likes, IMO Kimi's got more out of the car/doing better than Massa this season.

EDIT: Just found out only Massa's getting the updates this week, so I may yet change my prediction.

Edited by Retro_Link

8 Drivers:

Jenson, Rubens, Kimi, Massa, Vettel, Alonso, Rosberg, Webber

Race Prediction:

Jenson, Vettel, Massa

Hmm...

Top Eight:

Jenson, Vettel, Massa, Kimi, Rubens, Webber, Glock, Kubica

Podium:

Jenson, Vettel, Massa

I'm seeing a pattern with the top 6, here.

Hmm...

Top Eight:

Jenson, Vettel, Massa, Kimi, Rubens, Webber, Glock, Kubica

Podium:

Jenson, Vettel, Massa

I'm seeing a pattern with the top 6, here.

Yeah lol. Was gonna put Piquet and Nakajimi in there but thought better of it.

Out of interest, what do you guys think of Glock compared to Trulli? He's 5-1 over trulli in races yet 4-2 down in quali...defo the one i'd put money on out of the 2 of them. Very quick driver imo.

Edit: Boy am I gonna regreat not putting jenson to win the race..

I dislike Trulli. I don't mind Glock.

Or, more to the point: I don't mind Trulli or Glock. I dislike THE TRULLI TRAIN!

Quite like Glock, though the fact his nickname is "Glock Dog" makes me not want to lol.

I'd call them quite even in the race atm, even if results don't suggest that.

But Trulli is the safer qually bet.

And speaking of nicknames, did anyone notice Vettel's?... "The Vet"

He should go into business with Valentino Rossi!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was gonna put Rosberg down, but I think he'll only score 'game points' in qualifying, and possibly same with Alonso.

Shall we do an 'event prediction'?

Edited by Retro_Link

Quite like Glock, though the fact his nickname is "Glock Dog" makes me not want to lol.

I'd call them quite even in the race atm, even if results don't suggest that.

But Trulli is the safer qually bet.

And speaking of nicknames, did anyone notice Vettel's?... "The Vet"

He should go into business with Valentino Rossi!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was gonna put Rosberg down, but I think he'll only score 'game points' in qualifying, and possibly same with Alonso.

Shall we do an 'event prediction'?

Explain?

Assume you mean we predict qualifying and then predict the race after Q3 ends? I dunno i think it's better this way because you can either pick drivers like Rosberg, Trulli and Alonso who might get you a couple of points in qualifying OR you can pick drivers who might not do well in on saturdays but come good on Sunday.

8 Drivers:

Vettel, Massa, Button, Webber, Hamilton, Barichello, Raikkonen, Alonso

Race Prediction:

Vettel, Massa, Button

EDIT: 'Charge' 5 times

Edited by Nicktendo

Explain?
No as in...
- Should we have 1 randon thing/event we guess on each week? e.g...

Number of retirements/collisions/spins/barrier crashes/safety cars/Piquet incidents/will Force India finish in points etc...

Could be worth some bonus points or something.

No as in...Could be worth some bonus points or something.

Right ok...though we have to make sure someone doesn't say something like 'Heidfeld to hit Lewis hamilton off the track, who then gets out the car, cartwheels along the pit straight, and dropkicks Heidfeld once he's made his way around', whereas someone else might say 'The sun will come out'. You know, gotta be fair. Instead of saying 'there'll be a safety car' you'd have to say 'there's a safety car causing Kimi to queue up behind Felipe in the pits...thus ruining his race'.

I dunno seems a bit hard to do, i'd suggest we just see how the game works on and maybe add that over the next couple of races?

I thought we could just all bet on the same one.

e.g. Bonus Prediction for Turkey = Number of Finishers

Worth 5 bonus points if you guess correctly.

Edited by Retro_Link

I thought we could just all bet on the same one.

e.g. Bonus Prediction for Turkey = Number of Finishers

Worth 5 bonus points if you guess correctly.

OH! SOunds good to me :D Can the first one PLEASE be 'No. of times Legard says 'Charge' during the race?

My 8 drivers:

Button, Vettel, Massa, Alonso, Barichello, Webber, Raikkonen, Rosberg

Top 3:

Barichello, Vettel, Raikkonen

OH! SOunds good to me :D Can the first one PLEASE be 'No. of times Legard says 'Charge' during the race?
haha yeh if you like, just the race? So...

Bonus Prediction for Turkey = The Number of Times Legard says 'Charge' during the race.

...as in "Buttons really on a charge now!!"

Add your prediction to your Drivers prediction.

Amount of points awarded is equal to the number of times he says it! I'll count during the race lol.

Once everyone has posted there prediction i'll make a post with everyone's predictions in to keep it simple.