N-Europe

CES 2009

canand

Guest Jordan

The newer Sony sets do have web widgets technology, but afaik its not even enabled in many places right now.

I think its on the 4500 series? Not on my KDL-40W4000...

HDMI Introduces Next Generation Specification

HDMI Licensing, LLC – the agent responsible licensing the High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) specification – has announced five key capabilities and features that will be introduced on the next version of their HDMI technology, which will launch in the first half of 2009.

"HDMI has reached an installed base of more than 600 million devices and now touches almost every consumer device that plays HD content. We want to give the industry a preview of where the HDMI specification is headed as we continue to innovate and meet the needs of this dynamic marketplace," said Steve Venuti, president of HDMI Licensing, LLC.

In the upcoming spec, HDMI will address key industry trends, which will include five innovative features, such as 3D capability, Ethernet connections, and increased resolution performance.

Networking

Consolidation of HD video, HD audio and now high speed data with the addition on Ethernet in the HDMI cable.

Audio Return Channel

Elimination of a S/PDIF cable by allowing for a TV to send audio streams upstream to an A/V receiver for processing and playback over the HDMI cable.

Performance

4K x 2K and 3D are high performance features to be met by increasing the upper limit of the HDMI link.

HD In Your Car

New connector specification for the auto industry as the world's largest auto makers move to digital HD video and audio for 21st century cars with HDMI.

Smaller connector

New, smaller 19-pin connector

Guest Jordan

Great, all my HDMI stuff will be out of date! :D

New touch walkman looks utterly fantastic a real iPod Touch competitor. Kinda sucks that a new touch Zune probably wouldn't be shown till very late this year.

Windows 7 Beta is out tomorrow guys (or torrent it now? :p) anyone going to try running it? I've got a spare 120GB HDD that'll be trying it on! :D

I'll be running it. Need to free up some HDD space first though, time to clear out some of these DVD rips :(

Really looking forward to it, if it's as stable/compatable as it's supposed to be then i won't be running Vista much any more.

Guest Jordan
Don't think I'll bother. Maybe when I reformat..for now I'll stick with trusty Windows XP :heh:

Windows 7 beta wipes the floor with XP when it comes to boot times and general use.