N-Europe

Singstar

Choze

Downloaded the new updates for PS2 disks to work with PS3 Singstar etc. Noticed there are now over 500 songs. :shakehead Will definately play some.

Downloaded the obligatory LBP theme.

Seems like everything is nicely improved. I find it funny how the popular Singstar users tend to be girls in the community section.

http://singstargame.com/en-gb/

My singing voice isnt good i just game it.:heh:

Granted Lips isn't exactly brilliant for it's songlist on the actual disc (far from it) but the feature to sing along to any song you have is a rgeat laugh and it gives you an idea of what it'd be like to sing certain songs.

Rock Band beats it hands down though as I still prefer the way the vocals are implemented into that game and also seeing the words, vocal pitch etc, all I'm saying is that I prefer to sing songs that I like in Lips even without lyrical prompts than mostly songs I know I don't like in Singstar, makes sense to me at least.

Yeah there may be a few out of the 500 combined songs from Singstar series that I may like to sing along to but that hardly warrants purchase, anyway I wasn't saying Lips was better from the way the vocals etc come together, I know it's just a clone with some fancy Mics thrown in.

Thing is though when using your own songs on it, if you know the words anyway then it's still good and you do get some sort of rating at the end of it (you get rated better if you sing in pitch but can still get points for ad-lib as it is called Freestyle mode) I still much prefer Rock Band though over all purely vocal games.

I like Rock Band and with everyone playing well I'd rather do that but a lot of people just cant coordinate well enough to be not shocking at the instruments at a party or the like. Which means I'm always left drumming, which I love, but I like making an idiot out of myself singing as well. :smile:

Plus I love the music videos in SingStar.

I like Rock Band and with everyone playing well I'd rather do that but a lot of people just cant coordinate well enough to be not shocking at the instruments at a party or the like. Which means I'm always left drumming, which I love, but I like making an idiot out of myself singing as well. :smile:

Plus I love the music videos in SingStar.

Fair enough : peace: I'm not great at the instruments in RB either, probably why I prefer the singing and I can gold star a lot of them on expert now, I do like to "have a go at the Guitar and drums sometimes though as they are a lot of fun. :smile:

I have rockband. The game is good but the singing is the worst part. Its far too easy and just dosnt have the depth that dedicated games like singstar and lips (should) have.

I have Lips. Just bought it actually, the mics are great the setup is great. The whole "sing any song" thing is a massive let down. Oversight on my part i suppose but when i play a singing game i expect there to be words, of course when your adding your own music there are no words >.>

I like singstar alot, its the best all rounder there is.

I have rockband. The game is good but the singing is the worst part. Its far too easy and just dosnt have the depth that dedicated games like singstar and lips (should) have.

It has enough depth and it's a solid part of the package, just as the drums / guitar are, I prefer singing in RB to Lips, but Lips is still a great laugh when playing your own songs, In fact I'm gonna play it now for a little bit. :)

Lolz... Singstar may have a huge list but I just checked through all the lists of the various regions for each games and I could barely find a handful of songs that I would sing on them, yes out of all the games released since 2004...

heres the list btw...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SingStar_titles#cite_ref-SSUK_1-0

And the only version that had the most songs I'd want is Singstar Amped which is basically Singstar Rock Ballads (which the UK got) only with a much better tracklist.

Also only one Foo Fighters track even including download (it's a big selling point for me *shrugs*) and even that was on the US Rock one, fortunately I have a USA PS3 though.

So whats the deal with this new update anyway? you buy the PS3 version and then you can update which allows you to rip the songs from the PS2 games for use with the PS3 version?

Singstar has far too many crap songs. I love it, dont get me wrong, but still. They need to update more often with more varied stuff. Too many old tracks for my liking.

Anyway, i love Lips. Its a better game than Singstar in my opinion. More fun, more stuff to do etc. Song list is crap as you have said, but singing from iPod is pretty cool. It might be a bit buggy but meh, i play it for fun, not competition

Singstar has far too many crap songs. I love it, dont get me wrong, but still. They need to update more often with more varied stuff. Too many old tracks for my liking.

Anyway, i love Lips. Its a better game than Singstar in my opinion. More fun, more stuff to do etc. Song list is crap as you have said, but singing from iPod is pretty cool. It might be a bit buggy but meh, i play it for fun, not competition

Exactly : peace: I played it briefly last night as I hadn't had a go on it or even 360 games in a little while (been busy) and it was pure, relatively mindless fun, thats why it's awesome. :smile:

Normally I would ignore this but Lips even according to my hardcore xbox loving friends think its nothing compared to Singstar. I like how you try to argue that Singstar has a worse songs list somehow. This is like saying the current HDDVD lineup is superior to the Blu Ray one... Even though all the HDDVD movies are on Blu Ray and better quality, more options etc. ;)

So whats the deal with this new update anyway? you buy the PS3 version and then you can update which allows you to rip the songs from the PS2 games for use with the PS3 version?

Nah you can now "swap" your singstar next gen title out for any PS2 singstar when playing the game, even if you have a 20/40/80/160GB PS3... hopefully moving downloadable PS2 emulation software to the front of sonys Q.

Normally I would ignore this but Lips even according to my hardcore xbox loving friends think its nothing compared to Singstar. I like how you try to argue that Singstar has a worse songs list somehow. This is like saying the current HDDVD lineup is superior to the Blu Ray one... Even though all the HDDVD movies are on Blu Ray and better quality, more options etc. ;)

Not really... If there aren't enough songs available either on disc or download that I want to play in a Mic game then I simply won't buy it as there isn't really any point :heh: Singstar has it's fair share of issues too regarding Vibrato and punishing you if you stop singing a note even at the right time as well as a good few other niggles according to various reviews so neither are perfect.

But yeah, surely if there aren't even a handful of songs that I want to sing across the whole series of Singstar games released since 2004 then it's surely just "not for me" anyway? Just saying I prefer Lips as it is pretty fun, Rock Band still > All though, despite people claiming it's "easy" :shakehead certain songs on the harder difficulties still take a good deal of practice to beat.

Not really... If there aren't enough songs available either on disc or download that I want to play in a Mic game then I simply won't buy it as there isn't really any point :heh: Singstar has it's fair share of issues too regarding Vibrato and punishing you if you stop singing a note even at the right time as well as a good few other niggles according to various reviews so neither are perfect.

But yeah, surely if there aren't even a handful of songs that I want to sing across the whole series of Singstar games released since 2004 then it's surely just "not for me" anyway? Just saying I prefer Lips as it is pretty fun, Rock Band still > All though, despite people claiming it's "easy" :shakehead certain songs on the harder difficulties still take a good deal of practice to beat.

The point was there is music for almost everyone.Lips few any songs so far. Also its much more polished gameplay wise. The new updates even let you change sync and delays if you have issues.:smile:

• 3 months later...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/singstar-past-present-and-future

The good news is that SingStar fans won't have to wait that long again to see other improvements. Ranyard can't talk publicly about new song packs (although we've been told what they are, and they are awesome), but he says that in addition to continuing to stock the Store with additional music and shops with additional discs, Sony plans to continue expanding the game in feature terms over the next 12 months.

Sounds awesome. SingStar is fantastic. It's the only game I actually hear requests to play. :smile:

Voice controls for the game is an awesome idea. I hope it works well.

Edited by Daft

Love SingStar. Just got the wireless mics from Sony the other day and cant wait to use them.

Lips is good, but i dunno, it just doesn't cut it. It's a bit too gimmicky. And singing songs from your hard drive is pointless.

I always thought it would be a good idea if Sony release the SingStar game for free on PS3 with no songs and give people access to the Store. I guess you need the microphones but I'm sure it would encourage more people to get it.

I really want to see SingStar integrated into Home. Maybe have live karaoke nights.

Also the ability to export videos to YouTube.

Plus a couple more modes, but it sounds like they are doing that. :smile:

It would also be interesting to see what happened if they took on Rock Band and GH by incorporating instruments. I guess it's key to keep it simple though.

I hope the update tomorrow is good. I haven't bought anything that I especially wanted in a while. Although I can't really think of anyone I necessarily do want at the moment. :heh:

I always thought it would be a good idea if Sony release the SingStar game for free on PS3 with no songs and give people access to the Store. I guess you need the microphones but I'm sure it would encourage more people to get it.

I really want to see SingStar integrated into Home. Maybe have live karaoke nights.

Also the ability to export videos to YouTube.

Plus a couple more modes, but it sounds like they are doing that. :smile:

It would also be interesting to see what happened if they took on Rock Band and GH by incorporating instruments. I guess it's key to keep it simple though.

I hope the update tomorrow is good. I haven't bought anything that I especially wanted in a while. Although I can't really think of anyone I necessarily do want at the moment. :heh:

Have to say great ideas there. Love the idea of giving it away for free and sneaking it onto people's systems...Perhaps give like 5 freebie songs to entice people in...

As for Home there are so many more things they could be doing to integrate with games. Even if they didn't offer the singing via it you mentioned, but how about reruns of people's videos in the Square? Similar to what they have there at the moment showing pictures of people playing games.