NEurope
Supergrunch

Mornington Crescent

Dannyboy, you're slightly insane. You realise that leaves you open to a Perischalt under-the-line manouevre? Actually, given your past play, you probably know this and are just going for the powerpoints all the same. Nonetheless, I hope my move at Charing Cross shows the weaknesses in your ploy. And of course it completes my Hammersmith pentagram - you'll see the significance of that later.

Maase: I have no idea what rules you're playing - one doesn't capture station under '72 double santa (and mot other variations I can think of), one takes it in turn to play stations. Makes your current moves illegal I'm afraid.

As anyone knows a freshly completed Hammersmith Pentagon that ends on a National Rail station allows play transfer to the Hammersmith and City due to works on the 'tube. As such, I'll take the bus replacement service to Farrigndon.

Yes, letting you finish your Hammersmith Pentagram was a risky choice. However, having analysed The fish's earlier gameplay (the Billerbobe Strategy if I'm not mistaken?), I assumed he would use your Pentagram to move to Farringdon, opening up for the Flickerswitch Ruleset. This in turn allows me to use the Backsweeper Manoeuvre to get to Stratford via Canning Town and from here, taking advantage of the still active Erlenmeyer Effect, moving on to Tottenham Court Road.

Dannyboy, you're slightly insane. You realise that leaves you open to a Perischalt under-the-line manouevre? Actually, given your past play, you probably know this and are just going for the powerpoints all the same. Nonetheless, I hope my move at Charing Cross shows the weaknesses in your ploy. And of course it completes my Hammersmith pentagram - you'll see the significance of that later.

Maase: I have no idea what rules you're playing - one doesn't capture station under '72 double santa (and mot other variations I can think of), one takes it in turn to play stations. Makes your current moves illegal I'm afraid.

Sorry, i just noticed the "Crap" thingy, i'l do it well, THIS TIME I WILL:

I start my pawn at "Paddington Station".

Okay, now there aren't any problems, are there?

*Hides*

Yes, letting you finish your Hammersmith Pentagram was a risky choice. However, having analysed The fish's earlier gameplay (the Billerbobe Strategy if I'm not mistaken?), I assumed he would use your Pentagram to move to Farringdon, opening up for the Flickerswitch Ruleset. This in turn allows me to use the Backsweeper Manoeuvre to get to Stratford via Canning Town and from here, taking advantage of the still active Erlenmeyer Effect, moving on to Tottenham Court Road.

Dannyboy, but doing so would cause your entire defense behind down, leading either The Fish or SuperGrunch to easily take poss of every other area you posess behind you.

So you must have a good reason to reach Tottenham Court Road while leavingj behind your defense unprotected, right?

Unless you're actually trying to do the Straight Forward Motion that was used a lot of times in the past.

But doing so would have 50% of chances of giving you an immediate loss with SuperGrunch taking over EVERY AREA YOU POSESS, and possibly getting to Mornington Crescent.

Seriously, you're playing with high stakes here, but whatever, you got a good card in the game, so i might as well see the outcome...

Any possible outcome will only help me, so i might as well have fun seeing what you're doing :)

I play it risky right now, mostly using the Higgersack Strategy with a bit of the Thaludore Tactic, named after its inventor - the 1981 world champion Joseph Thaludore.

As of now, seeing as the ruleset is still the '72 Double Santa Variation, no-one can take any areas in possession.

Anyways, I'm standing by at my location, thus tripling my scouting points.

I didn't realise we were playing scounting points! Never mind, I still have my good position despite danny's attempted disruption. Nice moves by the way guys, this is starting to get serious

Right seeing as I've missed my turn I think I'll invoke rule 14.6c allowing me to make a hop bilatterally to Holborn, then use the chenswick maneuver to change lines via the Circle straight back onto the Northern. This not only puts me close to MC but means that any move made towards it by grunchie or lazyboy will result in a missed turn. No there are obviously plenty of other things that they can do, but I've slowed them down a bit!

I'll double up my Papal Points and divert back to St James' Park. Eat that!

Wha...the...fuck... o_o

Haha, join in, it's very simple! You'll pick it up soon enough!

Holborn

Finally, thought that was going to take forever. As a result of ticketing I fell victim to the Gallagher trap, and thus needed someone else to move onto station beginning with H. My fault for not seeing it coming. Luckily in my period of stasis my constituency holdings earned me 4 government contracts. So i'm going to build high speed rail stations at brighton and leeds, and trade in my remaining two for the corruption bonus. I'd rather not risk falling pray to the Yeomans trials, but if i'm going to make up ground i'm going to have to play with fire. Finally I want to set up a basic all-access promenade at Embankment.

Fine, I guess I'll give it a shot. Take it easy on me, mind.

I'll start at Fulham Broadway.

Ah, the classic district line zone 2 manoeuvre. As the supplementary rule set we're using has highpole snapbacks as medium, and the tertiaries are in the 7th iota, it's a particularly effective challenge to 'Grunchie/Joseph's dominant position.

I can put myself firmly in the runnings, however, by reopening Shoreditch.

Arh, pretty good moves - set me back a bit.

But no matter - the tripling of my scouting points opens up for the Skiffer Track, allowing an interpolar transcending of the power conflux to substellar levels, giving me the power to make ... the perfect sandwich! :yay:

Anyways, I'll double-flip to Finchley Road

I think you guys haven't yet considered the Abingdon envelopment effect, which is only a single stratum away from activation, and would put a freeze on these turbulent middlegame exchanges. If I'm not entirely mistaken, Goodge Street boxes out the LLC and thus fulfills the Abingdon conditions, so it looks like it'll now be MC in under 10.

I've changed my mind after those moves; considering craps are down I'm going to close Fulham Broadway and invoke the Heinhelm Rule specific to the set, stating that reflex jumpby's to the station are to be diverted to the nearest Fortunista enabled station, which I believe is Tottenham Court Road.

I know this leaves me open to a direct Baines manoeuvre, similar to the one presented by Michael Baines in the infamous '94 semifinal, but I have a plan. And for this reason I'm making my next move Cockfosters.

Pfft, Dyson, I thought you of all people would know that Baines was an idiot...

Still, it was a good move, and I'll have to Warren Street in order to keep you FGH's above the magical 46.

I fortify my defenses in order to not be affected by the following 3 plays.

Also, i send my pawn to spy on Cockfosters, i do not enter the area itself, i stay close to it on London Borough of Enfield, more precisely:

Oakwood

Right, now I'm not sure whether or not I've got all this down, but I think the fish's move just sealed the game. As I'm a newcomer perhaps someone could verify the following for me...

Because it is only my third move, it means double flips on the Green deck, right? Taking this in to account, does this then mean that Maase's spy is overencumbered overnight and unable to perform his special ability that grants triple chance of a regulation lockdown?

If this is so, then Cockfosters has won the right to be upgraded with second version ticket machines - and since highpole snapbacks are medium, they are completed instantly meaning the income generated is almost doubled, leading me on to my next move..

When looking through how to play this game I read about the rarely used strategy coined by L. J. Huckley, named the Flux Diagonal Trip. I think that, if you look this up, it means that the stations around Cockfosters and the rest of the LLC box gain the Twelfth Regeneration trait and therefore, with that in mind, as well as analysing the Advent Conditions and of course, only meeting condition 6c (That the public access to TCR was restricted by incorrect fire safety regulations)..

Does that mean that I can go ahead and call Mornington Crescent after only three moves? I've double checked and as far as I can tell everything is in order, but maybe someone with more experience should verify this for me.

Well bugger me, I forgot about that one...

Looks like the first game has gone to Dyson.

I say we start a second: this time, secondary parameters are thresholds, triple-slips are banned, and the rest of the rules will be the Atlanta set.

I'll make my opening gambit with St. Paul's. A more classical first there cannot be, eh?

You sure? I was fairly certain I'd forgotton something. For some reason I could have sworn I'd miscounted the amount of times the Juvenile rule was brought in to play but it turns out it was below the threshold for victory.

Ah, cheeky bugger, making triple-slips banned this time! In that case, I'll play it safe with Wimbledon.

The Flux Diagonal Trip?! Of course! It was so obvious all along! And you call yourself a beginner, Dyson - I don't believe it! Only a truly skilled player would have thought of the Flux Diagonal Trip! And here I was awaiting my big chance ... oh well, being hesitant isn't always a good choice of strategy, I guess.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Atlanta Ruleset, as I find that the randomness of the triagulent redirections ruins the plotting of theradecteral intralines too often. Secondary parameters being thresholds does help, though.

Anyway, I'll start off with Holborn.

Damn that was a good move Dyson, well thought out, especially considering you said you were an amateur! I was getting really close too, I think I would have had it in a move... still, very well played.

I'm going to start at Notting Hill Gate - you probably think you know what I'm doing but trust me, I think you're in for a surprise :)

No. :weep:

That means it's working perfectly!

:heh:

Nice and simple move from me: Ealing Broadway.