NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

The best moments of Twilight Princess

Good things about TP? Okay. I don't like being negative, and I've been replaying TP (slowly, but surely).

-Riding Epona is sweet. Certainly better than in OoT;

-Zant;

-Midna;

-Beast Ganon's design (although I hate the new ganondorf in almost everything);

-Forest Temple, Lakebed Temple, Ice Mansion and Arbiter Grounds were great dungeons;

-Most bosses and mini-bosses;

-Stallord. Yes, it's so awesome it requires a new line;

-The sword skills;

-Sheathing the sword like a badass;

-The spinner and Ball&Chain (stained by little use. I DEMAND development in later games);

-Storming the bulblin's camp in the desert.

@TP haters: If you didn't like anything about TP, it's better to not post nothing at all. It's a thread focusing on it's good aspects, after all.

ooh ooh, the arrow sound coming from the speaker! That was awesome.

But wasn't that already mentioned under...

-the retro sound effects

:wink:

Music and Atmosphere

“Strike With Your Sword†Boss Music – You know when you’ve used your subweapon and it changes to that dramatic music? That’s absolutely brilliant.

Post-boss Music – Extremely relaxing.

Hyrule Field – Beautiful to run around at sunset, with a very catchy score to rival the other games.

Lake Hylia – Going for a swim in your aquatic outfit with that music playing is one of the most atmospheric things in the game.

Characters

Who could not love Falbi and his cuckoo flights?! Or Malo’s utter cheek? I also loved it every time the postman ran up to me with a letter.

Items

It was a thrill to jump upon the spinner and zoom about those tracks. The Hawkeye and bomb-arrows were also brilliant. Using the twin hookshot was tactical and majestic.

Combat

Most of the fights with King Bulblin were exciting and surprising, the Darknuts were challenging and the Cave of Ordeals was pulse-pounding. And yes, storming the Bulblin’s camp was amazing, as was being able to knock them off their hogs and ride them yourself.

Meanwhile, the bosses were top class, especially the dragon, the water dragon and, well, all of them really.

Link as a “Badassâ€

Well, I wouldn’t want it every game, but I loved running about with that Hylian Shield on my back, climbing up nets, pulling out my sword quickly in that “defenseless†move and then sheathing it in a cool way.

Receiving the Game!

Seriously, it arrived one day before launch and I couldn’t believe I was holding that lovely GameCube box in my hands! I’m ashamed to say I got home from work and played it for six hours! There’s nothing quite like starting a brand new Zelda game.

^ think I clocked in roughly the same amount of time, 6 hours, upon getting it on release on the GC. Loved it so much. Still do. Won't be finishing my 3rd run through tonight. Just doesn't seem possible. Only just about to start heading up to Snowpeak to snowboard with the Yeti.

Best piece of music in the game has to be the music that plays at the grave area for the Zora queen. It's so good.

That's not retro :P It's the future baby!

There’s nothing quite like starting a brand new Zelda game.

True, it's just something else :P It's like a comet that comes by rarely.

Overall I enjoyed this game very much, I think I've clocked up over 50 hours on it but I've yet to go back and get all the hearts etc. I really enjoyed the fights and sprints on horseback, they were very fun. Bug catching's not too bad.

250px-Malo.jpg

I dont know why, but I think he's a great character.

The moment when you are first free to explore hyrule I would say as with any Zelda game.

There was nothing really bad with TP. It was even above standard I would say. It just wasn't as high above standard as Zelda games tend to be. Its still my favorite game this generation. And the Wii game I've played the most of. Actually, I may have played more of it than any other zelda game, perhaps OoT was close though. I think Minnish cap was also.

I hope you don't mind I've got the original Cube version ;). I've started to replay this not too long ago, but haven't gotten back to it now I have to go to the Gorons. I will though, unlike last 2 Christmasses, I finally have some time off again during that period. So I'll be playing this and probably Link's Awakening again. Totally forgot my brother had a player's choise release! Anyway, from the top of my head:

- Holding you new copy in the store as you purchase it. Opening the box.. Flick through the manual.. And finally booting up the disc. Every new (main) Zelda is an event to look forward too.

- Holding that cute dog in your arms.

- Rounding up the sheep at the range.. Great Alpine atmosphere.. Makes me want to go to the actual Alps.

- Petting the sheep, and throwing them to the side when they escape :D.

- Running around as a wolf for the first time (when you don't wanna get on Epona, it beats out rolling! :P)

- Seeing Hyrule castle messed up for the first time in the Twilight Realm.

- The Goron mini boss and the Goron main boss.

- The first time you go galopping across Hyrule field and Moblins start chasing you on their swine creature things (your first horsefight in other words)

- Being able to ride those creatures as a temporary alternative.

- The entrance to the temple of time (I loved that temple in Ocarina of time, the Forest temple that is), and it's miniboss, your first real sword fight I believe.

- Bridgefight with King Bulbin.

- Of course like others already mentioned, the chainball guy who got upgraded to (very cool) miniboss.. And you get to use his weapon! Very impractical but very fucking cool.

- The whole sky temple. How you get up there, those weird creatures, the weird ambient sounds and overall atmosphere, and its mini and main boss. And of course the very cool upgrade of a staple Zelda weapon/item.

- Hitting your enemy with your shield (and the upgraded battle system in general, was already very cool in Wind Waker).

- Midna in her true form, very sexy indeed ;). Was the one I missed most in the gashapon series.

- That bug miniboss you fight on Lake Hylia as a wolf.

- Ganon(dorf) fight. All 4 parts of it. Allthough the horsebattle part is my favourite! More horsebattles in the sequel please!

Oh well. Just a few ;).

Edit: forgot the greatest thing in TP; the Hyrule Town Malo Mart theme music. The biggest reason I want a Zelda TP OST!

Edit: one last thing: fishing for those skeleton fish :D. Love those little things!

OH SHI---

Most of the things you mentioned in here were forgotten by me, i ejaculated while reading this (and seeing Hellfire's videos).

So i'l just say the best of the best of the best of the best (3 Moments)

THE FUCKING DRAGON!!! EPIC FIGHT

THE BOSS OF THE SPINNER!!!! AMAZING AND EPIC FIGHT

GANONDORF!!!!! FUCKING AMAZING AND FUCKING EPIC FIGHT

Zant, he's damn cool

- Seeing Hyrule castle messed up for the first time in the Twilight Realm.

Edit: forgot the greatest thing in TP; the Hyrule Town Malo Mart theme music. The biggest reason I want a Zelda TP OST!

I had mentioned most of the stuff you did, but I forgot those two. Also pretty sweet.

OH SHI---

Is this a 4chan meme or something? It's getting predictable.

I had mentioned most of the stuff you did, but I forgot those two. Also pretty sweet.

Maybe?!? All I know is that it's the 'in thing' to do at the moment.

What people might not know is that they look like idiots when they do it.

OH SNAP!

^ the guy that stands outside the incredibly expensive store, in Hyrule main square/circle, that you can't get into unless you have clean shoes, which is why he's there.

Still got the GC version of this dotted about somewhere. Had it since release 2 years ago and havn't exactly completed it yet. I have a determination to complete this over the Christmas period, which should be nice i think.

What i loved about this game though from my current playthrough is

- The Fishing

- Zora's Domain

- Goron City

- The music

- Ordon Village (how many sections do you need in Ordon itself before getting to Hyrule Field). So much detail went into this.

Nop, its not a 4Chan meme (i think i saw it there one time, though)

I got it from another forum, its pretty funny, specially when allied with special GIF's for that ocasion.

I don't have any of them, so i'l just use the OH SHI--- variation

Edit:

Maybe?!? All I know is that it's the 'in thing' to do at the moment.

What people might not know is that they look like idiots when they do it.

OH SNAP!

Really? Is it the 'in thing' to do at the moment? Didn't know about that :)

And yes, it makes us look like idiots, like every inside joke from the Internet, i might add.

Hellfire: FUCK, am i the only guy who still hasn't visited that shop? Thanks for the location in the map, though, gonna go there today

Nop, its not a 4Chan meme (i think i saw it there one time, though)

I got it from another forum, its pretty funny, specially when allied with special GIF's for that ocasion.

I don't have any of them, so i'l just use the OH SHI--- variation

Ah Neogaf. The biggest bunch of wankers known to the modern world.

Do yourself a favour and stay away from those pricks.

I do love Queen Rutela's theme (the remix of the Serenade of Water) and Ilia's theme, both are beautiful pieces of music.

Every year when December arrives, I get nostalgic and want to play this wonderful game again. There are so many fantastic memories and feelings associated with this game - the music, the areas, the story ... everything!

Thank you for creating this thread. :)

Every year when December arrives, I get nostalgic and want to play this wonderful game again. There are so many fantastic memories and feelings associated with this game - the music, the areas, the story ... everything!

Thank you for creating this thread. :)

YES! Theres something magical about playing a Zelda game on those deep winter nights. :heart: Actually might delete my majora's Mask sav and start all over tomorrow. ^^

@ Tellyn - Yes, Queen Rutela's theme is beautiful. I sometimes go up to where her grave is in the game and just sit and listen to the music.

And yet while the music is beautiful, why do people still moan about it not being orchestral? WHo knows.