NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Emerald Emblem

The difference a year makes

SOCOM is already out and it's a bit of a flop apparently.

It comes out in Europe tomorrow. I don't know anyone that's buying it for any reason other than the headset, though.

I played the Beta/Trial and it seemed okay. Its user interface was seemingly ripped from a PS2 game and there were tonnes of connectivity issues, but the actual game itself seemed decent if you're into more realistic military shooters; it reminded me of GRAW. Not really my thing, but it sounds like the SOCOM fans are enjoying it, which I suppose is what really matters.

Anyway, I can't see that many PS3s shifting until there's a price cut. Obviously more will be sold over Christmas, but I'd expect the 360 to easily outsell it: it's a great console, and one that can be bought in a decent bundle for under £200. For the majority of people Microsoft's console is the sensible choice, and frankly I don't see that changing until the next round of consoles come out.

It comes out in Europe tomorrow. I don't know anyone that's buying it for any reason other than the headset, though.

It's out next week now, probably to avoid any conflict with Resistance 2's sales. But, yes, I'm only getting it for the headset tbh.

It's out next week now, probably to avoid any conflict with Resistance 2's sales. But, yes, I'm only getting it for the headset tbh.

Its been pushed back to 16th Jan. But the headset is still out tomorrow.

Personally, I love SOCOM Confrontation. If you are a fan of the PS2 games, then you will love this new one.

Anyone know when that text pad is out...actually, is their any point getting that when headsets are readily available?

Anyone know when that text pad is out...actually, is their any point getting that when headsets are readily available?

Yep its out. Great for keybaord usage. I lost my bluetooth so i ordered both. I can write nice long descriptions in LBP now :P

Sign in to follow this