N-Europe

Laptops From Curries

Kirkatronics

My old laptop had an un-fortunate accident and now im getting another one to replace it. The insurance has sent me £602.69 of vouchers to spend.

It has to be from Currys, and it has to be available in store.

I want to know which is the best they have for around £600? Im willing to put say £30 to the cost too.

The only thing i am really wanting is a non shared graphics card, ive forgot the correct term.

This seems like a good one, what do you guys think?

Style and content are perfectly harmonised in the stunning sparkling silver VGN-NS11JS from Sony. Complete with Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5800 to make an impact and backed up by Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium, the VGN-NS11JS is a solid performer that won’t let you down.

For those users who need masses of space for their veritable library of photos, videos and MP3 files, look no further than the massive storage room provided by a 320GB Hard Drive. Keep all your programmes working at lightning speeds with an outstanding 4GB memory.

A flawless 15.4” X black widescreen display, DVD rewriter optical drive and UMA 4500MHD graphics card allow you to watch your DVDs in fantastic quality and resolution. In addition, an integrated webcam and wireless connectivity makes communication with friends and colleagues that little bit easier.

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5800

(2 GHZ, 800 MHz, 2 MB Cache)

Genuine Windows Vista ® Home Premium

4GB Memory

320 GB Hard Drive

15.4" X black widescreen display

DVD ReWriter Optical Drives

Webcam

Wireless Enabled

Silver colour

Try this; http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1671067936.1226775765@@@@&BV_EngineID=cceeadefjjgejffcflgceggdhhmdgml.0&page=Product&fm=1&sm=0&tm=2&sku=109052&category_oid=

* Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5750

* (2 GHz, 667 MHz, 2 MB Cache)

* Genuine Windows Vista ® Home Premium

* 3 GB Memory

* 250 GB Hard Drive

* Blu-ray Combo drive

* 16" CrystalBrite widescreen Display

* ATi Mobility Radeon HD3650 Graphics Card

* dedicated 512 mb Graphics Memory

* Wireless enabled

Pretty well balanced machine, processor is reasonable and the graphics card will play any game currently on the market.

Or for a better manufacturer, this; http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1671067936.1226775765@@@@&BV_EngineID=cceeadefjjgejffcflgceggdhhmdgml.0&page=Product&fm=1&sm=0&tm=2&sku=052738&category_oid=

* AMD Turion X2 Dual Core processor RM72

* ATI Mobility Radeon HD3450 graphics card

* 3 GB memory

* 250 GB hard drive

* Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium

* Blu-ray Combo Drive

* 15.4" High Definition display

* HDMI high definition connectivity

* 4 No. of USB Connections

* 2.65 kg Weight

Weaker processor and graphics card. HP might be a tad more reliable than Acer though (that's just my personal experience).

Both machines have a Blu-Ray drive, which is a nice bonus!

Tbh when it's a desktop you might as well just get acer because the only thing they can fuck up is the motherboard and the psu and even then it's pretty hard to fuck up.

EDIT:

Ok it's not a desktop nor do I have any idea why I thought it was but jut get the acer anyway it's probably worth the reliability hit.

Acer is actually a better build than HP......

Anyways, that Acer posted further up is your best bet, Blu-ray, an average processor and a Mid Grade graphics card. Plenty of RAM, good storage capacity, and wireless. It'll basically do everything you want it to do, just don't expect it max out games or hold up with a million billion physics calculations or 3D images going on at once.

You main problem will be finding it in store...