N-Europe

Comic Art Thread

Happenstance

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it, it's like when regular people dress up a superheroes but without quite looking rediculous. I feel like he creates what the characters would really look like. Plus he still paints all his pictures the old fashioned way, no computers, which is awesome.

*Explodes with excitement at prospect of Inv #55 this weekend*

Gonna be a bloody amazing issue.

Also re that cover, he says in one of the trades or collects that it took him a ridiculous amount of time to do (obviously). Can't remember how long he said, but I think it was literally like weeks or a month or something.

OMG! OMG! OMG! This is so nice, this is so fucking nice.

Very minor indeed SI spoilers. In fact the only thing this spoils is a better look at Venom from Dark Avengers. EDIT:/ I'm an idiot lol, it has minorish spoilers about the Wolverine from DA also. But yeah, still not major.

dark-reign-event-20081204001157790.jpg

Doesn't look like Venom. ;)

Isn't that fucking gorgeous.

invincible56c.jpg

I just cannot tell you how much I love Invincible. It is my favourite thing in the whole world. My favourite out of TV, Movies and Comics I love it to bits. Ahem.

Very minor indeed SI spoilers. In fact the only thing this spoils is a better look at Venom from Dark Avengers. EDIT:/ I'm an idiot lol, it has minorish spoilers about the Wolverine from DA also. But yeah, still not major.

dark-reign-event-20081204001157790.jpg

Doesn't look like Venom. ;)

That's not Venom, it's clearly symbiote suit Spidey.

It's a nice pic though, recognize most characters, even after being out of touch for twenty plus years. Love how Spiderwoman is such a mainstream character now, she was sadly underused when she first started out.

That's not Venom, it's clearly symbiote suit Spidey.

It's a nice pic though, recognize most characters, even after being out of touch for twenty plus years. Love how Spiderwoman is such a mainstream character now, she was sadly underused when she first started out.

(Aye, I put underneath it, it wasn't Venom...I only eluded it that way due to spoilers) But yeah although its symbiote Spidey costume it definitely isn't Peter.

Spider-Woman would be down to Bendis. He absolutely LOVES her (and so do I) shes got her own ongoing title starting soon, and it should be quite good.

The first one's ok, but they both verge on the "DeviantArt-fantasy-art-of-me-as-a-vampire-slash-angel-crying-blood" style.

Kinda anonymous digital art. (Mainly the second one, and Songbird's face in the first one)

One of my all-time favourites;

Frank Quitely

allstartbatmanandrobin_quietly.jpg

APR060311.jpg

432839838_79302a093e_o.jpg

newxmen135.jpg

432842159_af05278ff3.jpg

Love the style. It's so comfortable to look at. It's clean and intricate, but not tight. And it's not mucky and balrh like the guy who took over from him on New X-men after a while...

Love love love. Love the fact his women aren't all supermodel-faced, but have odd, exaggerated proportions etc. Love how everyone looks slightly asian too.