NEurope
flameboy

Baggage restrictions?

I'm right in thinking there aren't any current restrictions on electrical equipment on plans? Going to Paris tomorrow, trying to decide whether I am taking my PSP or just my Ipod for the flight and the inevitable wait at the airports...

Tried goggling and the only things I can find are still on liquids...

Yeah its definitely okay, and no restrictions.

I took my DS and PSP on with me both there and back (from America) with no problems.

You aren't allowed to use mobile phones or anything that has Wi-Fi that cant be turned off. Otherwise anything else is fine.

Thats cool...now have to decide whether to take my PSP, I always worry about getting either robbed from a hotel room or pick pocketed when I'm out about lol!

Thats cool...now have to decide whether to take my PSP, I always worry about getting either robbed from a hotel room or pick pocketed when I'm out about lol!

can you not get one of those little safes in the room?

can you not get one of those little safes in the room?

yeah apparently there is one but as always items stored are done so at your own risk...god I hate being such a worrier...

You aren't allowed to use mobile phones or anything that has Wi-Fi that cant be turned off. Otherwise anything else is fine.

Aren't they starting to have planes that allow the use of mobile phones?

Aren't they starting to have planes that allow the use of mobile phones?

Yes, but not all of them have come out of their paranoia.

I would say, get a suitcase lock and put your stuff in your suitcase when leaving it in the hotel room (though don't put this on for the flight as they will most likely cut it). Or you could put the "Do not disturb" sign on your room door so the maid doesn't even come in.

Someone crowbarred into my apartment on holiday in August when we'd just arrived. Everything was out in the open - DS, iPod, wallet, etc. The robbers took sun cream and pens, nothing else. :/

Funny this thread just came up! I was actually wondering - can you take a laptop as hand luggage these days? (obviously with it turned off)

Funny this thread just came up! I was actually wondering - can you take a laptop as hand luggage these days? (obviously with it turned off)

You can use a laptop on a plane - I've done it. You just have to turn off the wi-fi switch.

You can use a laptop on a plane - I've done it. You just have to turn off the wi-fi switch.

o thats good to know. I doubt ill be using it during the flight, might be a bit awkward in the seating, as its a fair size. Still have to check with the size restrictions as well.

If it doesnt fit theres no way in hell i'll be putting it in the hold.

You have to put it through the x-ray scanner thing, but unless you're flying Ryanair or any other budget airline you can take a laptop in addition to a carry on bag and as long as you can turn the WI-Fi off you can use it on the plane.

You have to put it through the x-ray scanner thing, but unless you're flying Ryanair or any other budget airline you can take a laptop in addition to a carry on bag and as long as you can turn the WI-Fi off you can use it on the plane.

The one time I have used a laptop was on a Ryanair flight. Not that I advocate them or anything; they're awful. But they do let you use laptops.

Business people aren't exactly going to want to put their laptop in their checked baggage. They will scan it separately, but otherwise you should be fine.