NEurope

This must be for the blockbuster Wii titles, surely. I find it hard to believe the majority of Wii titles cost anywhere near as much as that to develop and market.

Exactly - like we are to believe all those mini game compilations need to sell through 1m copies to turn a profit And I can't imagine that takes into consideration all the Wii games developed alongside their PS2/PSP counterpart either.

Finally, one clarification on the story we did Monday on this subject. For the story, Nintendo had told me that publishers of Wii games need to sell only one million games to turn a profit. The company wrote me to say that it meant that publishers can make a profit selling fewer than one million copies of a particular game. Nintendo declined to be any more specific about a number. - NY Times

From GoNintendo

That sounds about right - even some of the high def games don't need to sell that many to break even.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=77219

PUMA shoes inspired by Mega Man

thumb_pisa2.jpg

A fantastic material and color update inspired by Mega Man, a video game first released by Capcom in 1987. Whether you’re familiar with the character or not, this synthetic leather material looks and feels like vinyl, giving the upper a shiny, retro-futuristic look. The addition of the perforated underlays, painted eyelets, & video game inspired pixelated emboss on the toe bumper complete this awesome look.

Can buy them at the Puma store for $65:

http://www1.store.puma.com/ProductDirectAction.do?colorStylePK=H4ZLJF3hgzIczbyDOhAPHb-1&cpk=VsTPVF1iW9mzSXDTQc7G68-601

Edited by Retro_Link

Capcom on Lack of Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter IV on Wii

http://www.cubed3.com/news/12018

Capcom has answered Reggie Fils-Aime on his recent query - why aren't Resident Evil 5 or Street Fighter IV on the Wii?

Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America president, recently put out a question to Capcom on the company's decisions, and why two of the more popular franchises didn't make the Wii cut - and now a reply from Chris Kramer, communications director at Capcom - and pretty much as expected:

Both 'Resident Evil 5' and 'Street Fighter IV' were designed for high-definition graphics systems using Capcom's current in-house engine called MT Framework. To get 'RE5? or 'Street Fighter IV' out on the Wii, we would have to create all-new versions of both of these games, which is something we're not opposed to doing. So the intention of both 'RE5? and 'Street Fighter IV' was to go for graphical showcases, which is not what the center of the bullseye Wii is aiming for. However, we do have a lot of 'Resident Evil' action happening on the Wii and hopefully we will have more in the future.

Chris Kramer, communications director, Capcom

Come on Reggie you dumb ass!

Don't care about Resi 5 it looks awful but I'm desperate to play SFIV. Please Capcom, some of us can't afford more than one console. I'm sure graphically it wouldn't be much of a challenege to downscale it.

Resi 5 isn't awful, far from it... t'is one of the better games of this generation - on the 360 - it's only real faults are that it strays even further from the series roots than Resi 4 did, basically they could right the series by simply making it mostly fixed camera again but with the over the shoulder view - I don't know how but it must be possible - then just stick a decent amount of puzzles in, lessen the action game aspect but keep enough action to...

Yeah it needs a complete fucking overhaul, just as well that's what Capcom is planning, I must admit though it would be nice if for Resi 6 they chose to devlop a Wii version as well at some point, it wouldn't matter about the graphics being downgraded, just having it on the console in some playable form would be enough.

Resi 5 isn't awful, far from it... t'is one of the better games of this generation - on the 360 - it's only real faults are that it strays even further from the series roots than Resi 4 did, basically they could right the series by simply making it mostly fixed camera again but with the over the shoulder view - I don't know how but it must be possible - then just stick a decent amount of puzzles in, lessen the action game aspect but keep enough action to...

Yeah it needs a complete fucking overhaul, just as well that's what Capcom is planning, I must admit though it would be nice if for Resi 6 they chose to devlop a Wii version as well at some point, it wouldn't matter about the graphics being downgraded, just having it on the console in some playable form would be enough.

OK I exaggerated a bit, it doesn't look awful but it does look like a step backwards from Resi Evil 4. Especially the Wii version, not that that can be helped on the 360/PS3, due to the controls. To me it seems too focused on action elements and seems to have strayed too far from what the series was about, even though I'm all for series advancements. The puzzles and different enemies were great in the early games and since Resi 4 it seems to be going more in a Dead Rising esque direction with masses of zombies, too much emphasis on the survival and not enough on the horror. Just my two cents but I haven't played it so I can't really comment.

Mmmm... basically both Resi 4 and Resi 5 are good, 4 is better in terms of execution, 5 is better in terms of story, both bring welcome advances to the table (co-op mercenaries should be standard now) but either way...

The series needs an overhaul and thank fuck Capcom have realised this.

I just hope that they also realise that Wii owners would like to see more cannon efforts from the series as well as the obligatory ports and spn-offs.

I'm not too fussed about missing Resi 5, even though i loved Resi 4. Its Street Fighter IV i really want and with a distinct lacking in terms of fighting games on the Wii this surely would have been snapped up by Wii only gamers.

I don't know how they'd make the controls work, but then again they released special controllers for the PS360 versions, so it would be possible.

I'm just waiting for the PC version now :sad:

A new Resident Evil would definately be welcomed by all Wii owners Capcom.......so crack on BITCHES :grin:

I don't think they would need to go back to a fixed camera to make the game more about scares and puzzles. Resi 4 could have easily had more of both. The scares in it were mostly based off of you hearing the enemies plotting against you in a language you couldn't understand. And then when you actually confronted them they were far enough off that you could easily pick them off for the most part before they got anywhere near you. Nothing really jumped out at you, nothing really snuck up behind you. And for more powerful enemies, there tended to be a cutscene showing exactly where they were and what they were trying to do to you. Like the chainsaw hags or the catapults. The puzzles also felt really lacking compared to other games. There wasn't much thought involved at all in solving them. Usually you just had to look for the only thing in the room that would prompt you to press the "A" button.

Just ordered 'Order Up' for myself from Gameplay for £11.99!! Been after it for a while after reading HoT's impression's months ago.

A big tip of the hat to reader Maxemillian_X from Amsterdam for grabbing us this picture from his local game shop. It took a few trips back, but he managed to snag a shot of the release list, which clearly shows Wii Fit Plus, as well as the rumored July release of a Wii Sports Resort/MotionPlus bundle. I’ll keep marked rumor for now…retailers have been wrong in the past!

Great, more Wii Fit on the way. :hmm:

Great, more Wii Fit on the way. :hmm:

hardly a bad thing?

Wii fit one was great and now with motion plus and wii fit board.. its the ultimate fitness tool...

I think we can take this as an e3 annoucment :)

Why can't Nintendo just do downloadable content, the *insert various curse words here*...tards!

- downloadable Mii customisations

- downloadable Wii Sports golf courses/tennis courts

- downloadable Wii Fit yoga positions/muscle workouts/mini-games

I guess because 1) the storage solution is still lame, and 2) they wouldn't be able to milk the casual market all over again.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Why can't Nintendo just do downloadable content, the funking funktards!

I guess because 1) the storage solution is still lame, and 2) they wouldn't be able to milk the casual market all over again.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Why can't Nintendo just do downloadable content, the funking funktards!

1) wii fit users are usually casual gamers who don't even know how to download firefox not to mention going through wii menus for stuff..

Besides nintendo make much more money this way and it makes more sense on these ways.

2)why wouln't they want to milk the casual market.You know most of nintendo casual games are actually GOOD. but, I mean if you are not buying them , why do you care.. i'd say something if you were complaining about them milking the legend of zelda series or something.

1) wii fit users are usually casual gamers who don't even know how to download firefox not to mention going through wii menus for stuff..

Besides nintendo make much more money this way and it makes more sense on these ways.

2)why wouln't they want to milk the casual market.You know most of nintendo casual games are actually GOOD. but, I mean if you are not buying them , why do you care.. i'd say something if you were complaining about them milking the legend of zelda series or something.

1) No I know, and that's why they are doing it, because the casual market wouldn't know how to download and because they can get them to buy a whole new game.

2) Well why should you have to shell out £30-£40 for a new Wii Fit game.

It would make sense to offer updates to Wii Sports/Wii Fit anyway, even if they want to bring out a sequel at some point. Certainly would have stopped everyone getting bored with the game a month after it was out.

Edited by Retro_Link

Nintendo is a business. They try to make as much money as they can. If a market that isn't really the main market for the game isn't happy, they probably aren't going to do much about it, especially considering how fast the game sells.

If this is true, hopefully:

A) It won't be Miyamoto's big E3 game

B) It will be easier to get the original

Surely regardless of sequels, people would like updates for Wii Sports/Wii Fit/Mario Galaxy etc...

Loads of other developers do it, and Nintendo's one of the biggest! I don't know what Nintendo even do half the time this gen!

2) Well why should you have to shell out £30-£40 for a new Wii Fit game.

It would make sense to offer updates to Wii Sports/Wii Fit anyway, even if they want to bring out a sequel at some point. Certainly would have stopped everyone getting bored with the game a month after it was out.

but that makes no sense... They have a lot more of a justification especially if a new control method is being used.. My best guess is this game will be demonstrated at e3..

while you can argue that sony offer the choice of downloable songs on singstar or the whole title and same with rock band and guitar hero..This is the same method of play....

Wii fit plus will likely have different mechanics whereas download new maps etc would be just extras..

I don't dismiss the idea.. Maybe more fitness should have been ready for wii fit 1.. but well in this case it won't work.

We don't know Wii Fit 2 will use MotionPlus [if that's what you were referring to]; I can't see why it would need it.

Still doesn't justify them not adding new content to their existing games.

We don't know Wii Fit 2 will use MotionPlus [if that's what you were referring to]; I can't see why it would need it.

Still doesn't justify them not adding new content to their existing games.

that's true why don't know yet..

why can't you see the use for it though? correct hand movements and the like...

Would be a good combination I would think but for now everything is just rumor

I'm not really sure why you'd need motionplus in Wii Fit.

It's mainly all Balance Board based, and I can't think of any exercises that would need 1:1 hand movements.

In original only used the Wiimote a couple of times [jogging, weights, boxing] and it worked fine enough.