N-Europe

N-Europe..choose my tunes!

Dyson

You just reminded me, I have 10 free songs too. Bloc Party gig right? :)

Yup! :heh:

Right, I'll be giving all of them a listen to in one go in 20 minutes or so, once my washing is done. I'm really interested to see how some of these turn out! :D

May I also say, I am surprised nobody suggested Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley.

Unfortunately iTunes won't let me get this, I think you need to buy the entire album, one of those odd tracks. But since you were in quick enough, I'll save you a spot to pick another track, up until 7pm tonight. If you don't get here in time, I'll open it up for someone else to steal the spot! : peace:

bah! I was too slow! :)

Animal Collective - Water Curses

An odd choice, which I expected from the suggester, but actually quite a pleasant track to listen to. I like it! Very different to anything else in my library. Might look at some of the other things on offer from Animal Collective.

Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want

I'm liking it, but seems a bit generic. Will listen to it every now and then probably, but will most likely end up being played as a background song more than anything else. It just doesn't seem to build in to anything great. Not a bad song, though.

Billy Joel - All About Soul

I went for the Radio Edit of this song which still clocks in at 4:18 long, I figured it was probably a good way to get a feel for what the song is about. After receiving your mixtape EEVIL, I'm not at all surprised you picked this song for me, it's very you! I do like this, but it's not really my kind of song. Don't be offended if it's not played very often.. :heh:

Chesney Hawkes - The One and Only

Lol, Ramar, I just knew there'd be one or two comedy suggestions..but surprisingly enough I didn't already have this in my library. To be honest? It's a classic. I'm glad it was suggested, and will be a nice listen when it's shuffled in with 2000 other songs, I'm sure. Can't believe I essentially paid 79p for it however! :laughing:

*guitar build up.....*

I AM THE ONE AND ONL-YY!! :D

Phil Oakey - Together in Electric Dreams

Sounds like a classic from the start, very cheesy 80s music. And I really like it! Very upbeat and different to what I'm generally used to, and different to most 80s songs that I generally dislike a lot. But the lyrics, the beat, the melody, it all comes together really nicely and presents a really nice song at the end of it. Will listen to again..and can see this song getting stuck in my head!

Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook

When this was suggested, I was of half a mind to say no and skip it - I made my thoughts on Sigur Ros quite clear in the music thread only a few days ago, and basically stated I wasn't extremely impressed with their music. However! I'm glad I didn't, as this song is actually fantastic. The tempo and the outright weirdness of it just clicks for me, and it works as a song. Perhaps this is what I needed to get me 'in' to Sigur Ros? I'll definitely listen to this again, and probably give Takk another shot, and maybe another of their albums. Cheers Twozzok! : peace:

The Decemberists - The Crane Wife 3

When I first saw the title of this song, I honestly did think it was a joke track, but that didn't phase me. I actually really enjoyed listening to this song as well, the lead singer has quite the voice on him, and the song itself is really..nice? Best way I can put it unfortunately. But I like this song - expect it to be played again in my library, along with more stuff by Decemberists!

Girls Aloud - Black Jacks

I was half expecting a Girls Aloud or Jennifer whatever-her-name-is suggestion in here somewhere and originally was against the idea - although that said, I have been meaning to relisten to some Girls Aloud music after reading the praise they've been getting from the powers that be in the Music thread. This finally made me go ahead and do it. And my verdict? I'm actually glad I have. This is a pleasant song to listen to as well, it's not in your face like most modern day pop, but still catchy enough, and different. I really like it! My only worry is what people think when they see "Now Playing: Girls Aloud" on my MSN..but I've learnt to stop caring. I might check out the rest of their new album if it's anything like this song! :D

Polly Scattergood - Nitrogen Pink

Polly Scattergood is someone I've never heard of, with the exception of chairdriver's mentions in the Music thread. Something I never got around to listening to, and to be quite honest..I'm not really sure how I feel about this song. She does have a really unique voice, and I quite like it, but then again so does Joanna Newsom and I can't stand her songs at all. Unique voice =/= good music. However this song is different to what I normally listen to and once it gets going I ended up liking it quite a lot. I love the way the song builds up. I think this song will definitely take more listens to for me to make a fair verdict on whether I like the song or not.

Rogue Traders - Way To Go!

Yet another name I've seen thrown around the music thread I frequent yet never got around to looking in to, finally I've had the chance to listen to a Rogue Traders song. Bleh. Better than most pop music there is around these days but I get the feeling that they're nothing special. This song didn't do much for me, just seemed a bit..generic for my liking. Too radio friendly. Not bad enough to untick it and stop it being played again..yet. After enduring it a few more times it might be, however..

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for taking part - I'm glad I ran this little experiment! I may have found some new bands to get in to here which is always a good thing. If I ever get another free iTunes voucher..somehow...then I reckon I'll do this again. It was good fun! Thanks again!

: peace:

I prefer Voodoo Child by Rogue Traders, over Way To Go!

I have to say, I had Tangled Up by Girls Aloud for yonks, but never really listened to it , outside the singles. But after having their new song in head, I listened to it, and it's very refreshing, in a thumpy way. (If you get me) Very little in the way of sappy ballads.

Girls Aloud - Black Jacks

I was half expecting a Girls Aloud or Jennifer whatever-her-name-is suggestion in here somewhere and originally was against the idea - although that said, I have been meaning to relisten to some Girls Aloud music after reading the praise they've been getting from the powers that be in the Music thread. This finally made me go ahead and do it. And my verdict? I'm actually glad I have. This is a pleasant song to listen to as well, it's not in your face like most modern day pop, but still catchy enough, and different. I really like it! My only worry is what people think when they see "Now Playing: Girls Aloud" on my MSN..but I've learnt to stop caring. I might check out the rest of their new album if it's anything like this song! :D

Now you've said that, you have to give the rest of Tangled Up a listen. (Their new one comes in a week, but I'd give this a try first). If you like Black Jacks, you'll most definitely like/love the album after a few listens. I know I did. Don't even think of them as a guilty pleasure, because most critics adore them. Embrace it! :p

Also, Rogue traders do have better songs. Their newer album "Better in the Dark" is a fantastic bit of Electropop/rock.

Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook

When this was suggested, I was of half a mind to say no and skip it - I made my thoughts on Sigur Ros quite clear in the music thread only a few days ago, and basically stated I wasn't extremely impressed with their music. However! I'm glad I didn't, as this song is actually fantastic. The tempo and the outright weirdness of it just clicks for me, and it works as a song. Perhaps this is what I needed to get me 'in' to Sigur Ros? I'll definitely listen to this again, and probably give Takk another shot, and maybe another of their albums. Cheers Twozzok! : peace:

Tbh, it's totally unlike any of their other stuff that I've heard, so yeah :p

Billy Joel - All About Soul

I went for the Radio Edit of this song which still clocks in at 4:18 long, I figured it was probably a good way to get a feel for what the song is about. After receiving your mixtape EEVIL, I'm not at all surprised you picked this song for me, it's very you! I do like this, but it's not really my kind of song. Don't be offended if it's not played very often.. :heh:

You've just made yourself an enemy for life.

I should've recommended something a little more well know. We Didn't Start The Fire for example...