NEurope
Helmsly

New Wii System/Firmware update

Overnight a new system update was put up, not sure what it did but my Wii still says its still at firmware is 3.3 after downloading it. I have no idea if this effects the hombrew channel or freeloader etc

However it might have somthing to do with the Wii shopping channel mantenace which is due to happen today;

On Thursday, 10/23 starting at 7 AM, the Shopping Channel is undergoing maintenance longer than scheduled, and is currently not in service. We apologize for any inconvenience due to this maintenance.

With this maintenance, the following changes will be made.

Wii Points will soon be called Nintendo Points, and all references as such will be updated. All other functionality with Nintendo Points will remain the same.

The controller usage explanation screen will be updated.

The controller usage explanation screen will be separated from the purchase screen. Along with this, the user will be prompted to confirm that they have any necessary accessories before being able to press the Purchase button.

The design of the icons displayed will be updated.

Thanks to Cheesemeister at Neogaf for the translation

Isn't it about time that Datel/Code Junkies honoured their initial promise to update the Freeloader.

All well and good avoiding the updates for now but before long a really useful system update is bound to hit and avoiding it will affect the functionality of the Wii , ie next Springs much needed SD card update.

I hate Wii updates, they always take ages and fail. I keep getting error codes and the blue bar never seems to move. I'm on attempt number 3 now.

Isn't the Wii Points/Nintendo Points change just for Americans?

Probably also due to the introduction of points card for the DSi as well Shino, so I'm assuming you will be able to use one card for either console.

But then why call them Nintendo points? I thought DSi points and Wii points weren't interchangable?

Nintendo Points can be entered on either Wii or DSi, however, once they've been entered, you cannot swap them to the other system.

Has anyone noticed the Wii Shop Channel lift music seems a little different?

Has anyone noticed the Wii Shop Channel lift music seems a little different?

Possibly... one think I did notice is that recently it has got a lot faster, I still haven't updated my Wii since that update that blocks the Freeloader i.e I don't have it :heh: I'm really just waiting until an update comes along that I actually need, I assume once that happens I can just download the latest update right? and I won't need to get all the ones I (purposely) missed too... >>

What example of homebrew software is there, out of interest? If homebrew is creating some decent aps, can't see why Nintendo can't.

What example of homebrew software is there, out of interest? If homebrew is creating some decent aps, can't see why Nintendo can't.

The kind of illegal apps (along with some cool useful ones).

I'm not updating again, as I still need freeloader. But I don't think this update changes anything related to HomeBrew channel.

Isn't it about time that Datel/Code Junkies honoured their initial promise to update the Freeloader.

Yeah, it's been months and nothing. In fact they still sell the Freeloader which won't even work.

Finally got the update downloaded. Didn't notice any difference in music/speed on Shopping channel.

I hate Wii updates, they always take ages and fail. I keep getting error codes and the blue bar never seems to move. I'm on attempt number 3 now.

oO Never heard of this happening. Does your internect connection give you trouble on the Wii?

oO Never heard of this happening. Does your internet connection give you trouble on the Wii?

All the time it's a constent bugbear. Unlike my DS which is happy to do wifi from anywhere in the house my Wii seems hellbent on causing me grief. Weather I'm connecting to the shopping channel/ Attemting to play online / sending multipe messages/ trying to access Contest channel it's always a hit & miss situation.

It's gotten to the point now where I'm going to purchase a the Wii wired LAN adaptor cause I'm so sick of the whole connection issues. Esp with Animal Crossing on the Horizon.

The Wiiware game bomberman was ruined because of my awful connection issues.

By what the "email" from Nintendo said, it sounds like this cripples the twilight hack and probably the home-brew channel too.

I used to have the same problem. For some reason it got better once I got a new update. Unfortunatelly that patch came right after the Metroid Channel got discontinued.

All the time it's a constent bugbear. Unlike my DS which is happy to do wifi from anywhere in the house my Wii seems hellbent on causing me grief. Weather I'm connecting to the shopping channel/ Attemting to play online / sending multipe messages/ trying to access Contest channel it's always a hit & miss situation.

It's gotten to the point now where I'm going to purchase a the Wii wired LAN adaptor cause I'm so sick of the whole connection issues. Esp with Animal Crossing on the Horizon.

The Wiiware game bomberman was ruined because of my awful connection issues.

Weird. You should check some sites out for FAQs and troubleshooting, it could be a firewall problem or some router settings. Eitherway, wired LAN is always good if wi-fi isn't working.

Weird. You should check some sites out for FAQs and troubleshooting, it could be a firewall problem or some router settings. Eitherway, wired LAN is always good if wi-fi isn't working.

Rather than miss with Firewalls/Router setting I'm going straight for the wired solution -Since it's always recommeneded.

Just a few (mostly rubbish) ideas:

Have you tried removing the internet settings from your Wii and re-entering them?

Is the Wii hidden away inside something? Have you tried connecting with the DS while it's right next to the Wii, to see if it's a location issue?

I've had problems with Bomberman too and I keep meaning to try the above.

Just a few (mostly rubbish) ideas:

Have you tried removing the internet settings from your Wii and re-entering them?

Is the Wii hidden away inside something? Have you tried connecting with the DS while it's right next to the Wii, to see if it's a location issue?

I've had problems with Bomberman too and I keep meaning to try the above.

Yes, reset setting a few times

No, Wii is set up on top of desktop next to TV out in open

DS connects fine in any room of the house/ including right next to the Wii